Agil or ArP gems with this gear?

Was wondering if i should be geming straight agil gems or leave all my gear as ArP.. pull around 7-8k dps in 25mans and have had a few hunters with gear a little better then mine with full agil gems pulling 1-1.5k dps more then me http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Fall%C3%A8n

dont laugh at my pro battlemasters trinket :P have Done Hfos 39 times and have yet to see NES >.>....... Any help would be good thx !

Re: Agil or ArP gems with this gear?

Hi there,

First of all, have you actually read anything about ArP at all? Seriously, this question gets asked every single day and the answers are so easy to find.

Sigh...

Since i'm at work and i'm incredibly bored anyway, i might as well answer.

Stick with agility gems, you only have 800 ArP with ArP gems and it just isn't enough, you wanna start gemming ArP when you have over 800 from gear alone. Also, try and get a second piece of tier9, even when it's only iLevel 232, i would suggest either you're chest or legs (chest only if you get rid of that hit trinket, since iirc, t9 chest has hit on it, not sure). And change the 10 agi 15 stam gem in your belt with the 10 stats one. Ah and get rid of icewalker on your boots, 16 agi or the movement speed increase would both be better. You should also change your resilience headpiece enchant, it's not very hard to get the knight of the ebon blade to revered.

Your spec seems fine, but you should change your pets spec, heart of the phoenix is very unnecessary and you really really want culling the herd, and change your glyph of aimed shot for glyph of steady shot.

Well this was probably a lot more than you asked for but oh well, good luck.

FemaleDwarf it to make sure, but you have around 600 passive armor pen. (10 20arp gems, so 800 arp-200 is 600.) Most likely, you should be gemming agi.

Also, regem your helm with the +21 agi meta, not 21 crit. :3

If you're gonna gem agi I would suggest respeccing surv aswell?
    As survival benefits more from agility?

That's just what I've heard and read :P

allways good to post i reckon haha... meta gem lolz.. huntard mistake prolly did it sometime i was drunk/tired xD and the Aimed shot glyph was a 2nd pvp spec for awhile i forgot to change hehe Thx for the help.. hope ill be getting abit more dps out of it <3 SORRY YOUR SO BORED AT WORK XD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

http://www.wow.com/2010/03/15/scatte...ars/#continued

Read it.

You should also NEVER gem arpen without an arpen trinket, unless you're going for the hard cap.

The whole point in gemming before reaching the hard cap, is to get the soft cap (1400 - trinket proc value).

Many people start gemming arpen too early, and don't realize it's a loss a huge loss of dps.

Seems like you started gemming at a decent time, but, like i said, you don't have the trinket, but, you want to go for around 1k arpen through gems/food/potion for gemming to actually be viable.
    I 3d print stuff

Meh cant stand surv :P

thx runic <3

Quote Originally Posted by Shikita
    If you're gonna gem agi I would suggest respeccing surv aswell?
    As survival benefits more from agility?

That's just what I've heard and read :P
    You're misinterpreting what you heard and read. Agility-based MM is perfectly viable, and with Icecrown-quality gear that lacks significant passive armor pen it beats out Survival and ArP-gemming mm.

At your gear level, you should be gemming for agility, and only agility(agi/crit in SOME yellow sockets).
    Your nightmare tear could be better used elsewhere, you're using the wrong meta, use agi/crit%; not crit/crit% as it only requires one of each gem color as opposed to 2. A nightmare tear alone gives you the meta bonus.
    Agi/stam gems are terrible to use as any spec. Survival hunters seem to think that they're okay because they get AP from stam, but straight Agi gems are far superior, not to mention you're not even using that gem to complete a socket bonus.

Now, I know your post was about gemming, but I think your gear should be critiqued as well.
    Your boots have Icewalker on them, when you're faaar above the hit cap, replace that with +16 agi or Cat's swiftness (+6 agi and minor run speed)
    Your trinkets are absolutely horrid; yes I read about your terrible luck with NES, it happened to me as well. DMC: Greatness is still one of the best trinkets you can have in this game, and you should invest in one. You should also replace your mark of supremacy with at least the Mirror of Truth. The crit from that will be a huge DPS boost over the massive amount of hit that does nothing for you at this point.
    Wrists: Lootship drops a nice pair. If you're still having terrible luck with getting a drop, get the ToC crafted ones.

Now I know I'm dragging this post on, but there is one more thing I can tell you about improving your dps.
    Since your hit is already sky high, I'd recommend replacing your gloves with the Logsplitters (60 Frost Badges) and getting the t10 chest so that you'll keep your 2 piece set bonus.
    Replace your pants with the triumph t9 pants. Though the stats on the pants are slightly worse than the stats on your current pants, the set bonus is a MASSIVE dps increase.

Hope this helped ^_^
    Oh and sorry for the wall of text
    FOR THE HORDE

Don't gem ArP until you can hit around 1200 ArP with gems and gear. NEVER try to go for a soft cap by gemming it and having a trinket.

All you are doing is significantly reducing the DPS value of your sockets for 80% + of the time. (the down time on your trinket) Where as with Agility the DPS value of the sockets only drops around 20% of the time. NES and Runestone can both be replaced with much superior trinkets, relativly easly. DC/WFS/DBW even the stupid Haste frost trinket is preferable.

Hardcapped ArP nets the most DPS any time before that Agility gives it a bloody good run for its money.

dw haha i dont mind wall of text !! im new to hunters and if someone cant take advice then they are retarded :P thou i top most of the stuff i do so im not the worst huntard in the raid xD 12k mages put me to shame >.>