Bloodqueen no longer pops water shield?

Did BQL last night on 25 again for the umptenth time, but last night her AOE damage did not trigger my water shield charges. Did this happen to anyone else? Not QQing, just wandering if this was a change or a bug as i didnt see anything about in the patch notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

Re: Bloodqueen no longer pops water shield?

Yea they fixed it. :'(

Damn!

This fight could be pretty tough for us nowadays then!

Why should they fix this. It clearly says:

When a spell, melee or ranged attack hits the caster, Y mana is restored to the caster. This expends one water globe.

You get hit by a spell/ranged attack so it should give mana back.

Haven't done BQL yet, because the patch was available just this morning :P.

I personally don't mind this change at all.. I have addons that tell me my shield is off and this fight was always annoying cause of it.. my main spec is enh but I healed this fight(25) last night and I didn't have any mana problems.. fight is just too short to really have any mana issues(I rock like 300mp5 out of raid).. welcome change imo..

I would actually love that change. I have enough mp5 to keep healing through the whole fight (and if not i can always bug a druid for a inner) and this would open up a lot of GCD spend on refreshing watershield.

I found my water shield orbs popping in 10 man mode.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

No one should have to rely on WS charges popping to maintain mana on BQL. Since we first started ICC, I was able to pretty much cast non-stop the entire fight without ever getting close to having mana issues. Now with better gear, both normal and heroic BQL are a joke.

I agree with Volirus... I'm glad I won't have to waste GCDs refreshing WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Volirus
    I would actually love that change. I have enough mp5 to keep healing through the whole fight (and if not i can always bug a druid for a inner) and this would open up a lot of GCD spend on refreshing watershield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar
    No one should have to rely on WS charges popping to maintain mana on BQL. Since we first started ICC, I was able to pretty much cast non-stop the entire fight without ever getting close to having mana issues. Now with better gear, both normal and heroic BQL are a joke.

Just wondering here, why the hell are you refreshing it and wasting GCD if the encounter is "a joke" and don't need the mana?

Well, for two reasons... one is that it's just habit.

The other is that if for whatever reason things took a turn for the worst (a tank healer dies to something stupid, people standing in shadows for too long, etc), I'd much rather have excess mana available to pick up the slack than not have it because I didn't keep WS up. I can afford the GCDs to keep it up, it's just annoying to have to refresh so many times in that fight. Sometimes I do let it drop toward the end of the fight where I know I have enough mana to handle any potential disaster that might pop up.

they shouldn't have "fixed" it, moonkins are getting owlkin frenzy from it which is OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Quote Originally Posted by Boxcar

Then don't? If you have no mana problems.