Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Help, Boomkin can't break 7k

i stopped playing wow when ulduar came out and started again about a week or so after ICC's release.

i found the best way to increase everything similarly. i treat crit and haste equally, i tend to prefer more crit compared to haste cause it helps with eclipse and i like seeing big numbers. assuming you have the t10 legs and gloves(if you dont have this it is a must it provides almost 75% of the needed hit for cap, prolly all for NE) get all gear with sp crit and haste. my trinkets still suck i havent gotten good drops but with all my other gear ilvl245+ and sp crit/haste (the ashen verdict ring has hit) and im doin 7.5k ish give or take the fight

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    This is actually very incorrect..

in EQUAL gear/skill. you will never see a hybrid beat a pure on dps meter.

i stress the equal part because they will always be special people who can just play a certain class amazing
    Death knights? Feral druids? Are you just going to disregard the amount of classes these hybrids can beat?

15+ Year Old Account

why do you have 2 point in intesity
    moonkin druid really can't go oom from single target fight(+ a add here and there)
    and why a point in genesis.
    put a point in typhoon.
    or 2 in owlkin frenzie

and if your unlucky with drop you have to spend some gold.
    if you can't afford any of the 264 loot yet alteast buy/make the 245 wrist
    and if you can't afford all that new loot get a proffesion that makes you more gold than mining.

and tell/ask your guild to refocus their progress in icc if they can't beat festergut/rotface/putricide at least make sure you get the loot from the dreamwalker boss this really is a easy encounter once you get the hang of it

Quote Originally Posted by Vexacus
    and tell/ask your guild to refocus their progress in icc if they can't beat festergut/rotface/putricide at least make sure you get the loot from the dreamwalker boss this really is a easy encounter once you get the hang of it
    If you look at his statistics, he's only been in for kills a very small # of times ( I think it was at most 4 for both 25 and 10 man, and that's for the first 2 bosses even), so refocusing for someone this casual is really not probable.

Also, my final suggestion is: you're close to or at your potential given your gear. 7K is more than enough for every boss up to (but no idea about including) Lich King in 10 man, and is even enough for most fights in 25 man. The rest depends on how well you stay out of fires, and what the rest of the people do. Going from 7K to 7.5 or 8K, while not bad, will probably not really increase your overall chances anywhere, there is some other major issues holding you back from the rest of ICC10. You have not stated that you're reaching enrages on Festergut (and if more than 2 people are doing 8K on saurfang, no way you should even be close on Festergut, even if you require 3 heals, unless for some reason you're also using 3 tanks in 10 man).

The reason to we're not Beating fester is because im in the Second Icc 10 group for the guild and that means i have to go with ppl with quite low Dps some often under 5k dps.... and we have to use 3 healers because the healers we are given can't handle to keep the raid up...

My points in Intensity are needed, since im giving my innervate away, im getting close of ooming on fights when i need to refresh Moonfire on several targets, like Lady Deathwhisper.

In 25 man we can't take him down because we simply can't produce the dps needed, our best try was at 19% when enrage...
    It's a casual guild so the leaders isen't kicking anyone for low dps, nor leaving anyone out.
    our trys are quite messy and there is only a few in our raids that can multi-task Like me taking care of MCs on Lady, Innervating healers, CR-ing and keeping a Lookout for dangerous stuff, like fire and such... keeping a general idea of how the raid are doing, i used to tank a bit during Naxxramas and Sartharion 3Ds.
    If you are saying 7k is enough for my gear i'll have to take your word for it. just feels Strange that we got one mage,warlock and a Rogue with similar gear as me and they was beating me with like 3-400 dps.

As you all may know boomkins got a major Buff yesterday.. and my problem is solved atm and im amongst the top now.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."
    it's as annoying as the tank who asks READY? after every trash pull.

Just as annoying as these threads? AmIright?
    ~Bahumut5

Don't you know? Boomkins are only good for 3% hit and 5% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomarl
    Don't you know? Boomkins are only good for 3% hit and 5% crit.
    and 3% haste and battle ress and get a rope looser ;D

Simple hint to autor of topic: GET! MORE! CRIT!....I have much better geared boomkin so i dunno how low/high my dps was..but now (icc25hc - except sindragosa) i have about 9000-10500 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilari
    If you are saying 7k is enough for my gear i'll have to take your word for it. just feels Strange that we got one mage,warlock and a Rogue with similar gear as me and they was beating me with like 3-400 dps.
    If you were to also add in Hunter there, I'd say you're really where you should be. Other than RNG, if you are all equally skilled, those 4 should be able to beat you by about that much on average. 300 out of 7K is 5%. It's been stated many times that we hybrids are supposed to be behind the "pures" by 5-10% given everything else equal. Not that there is any real reliable metric for that.

Just be glad you're not doing 8.9-9.2K and being beaten by the same classes by 2-2.5K consistently, which will most likely happen at higher gear levels.

Now, I don't play a balance druid, but I was under the impression that putting a straight crit gem in any socket is bad.
    FOR THE HORDE

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX
    and 3% haste and battle ress and get a rope looser ;D

Simple hint to autor of topic: GET! MORE! CRIT!....I have much better geared boomkin so i dunno how low/high my dps was..but now (icc25hc - except sindragosa) i have about 9000-10500 dps.
    Crit is comming ;D passing all Hastegear that goes by to get enough dkp for a good trinket and Waist.
    Tbh yesterdays raid was a bit fun. i was pulling more then 8.5k on rotface, and the guild was very close to downing him for the first time ( Thank you Ooze and starfall). It really seems like the starfall buff helped me with my movement problems.
    *Prays* Please Blizzard don't nerf Starfall *Prays*
    your macro.....***ness

your inability to just shut up and drink instead of telling us you're gonna drink then 5 seconds later drinking, is also ***ness"....."

~Bahumut5

Deleted

Why on earth would you be passing on haste gear? Currently, depending on your gear, haste will be worth more than crit.

Keep in mind that while Starfall might do damage on the oozes on Rotface, its hollow DPS, since it doesn't really help anything. You are being too focused on the meters, Kilari.

I was passing on haste gear since i wanted enough Dkp for the next Run to get some Crit gear (since some of you told me that was i was low on.)

Starfall was up at 12% of total dmg, so it's still pretty good dmg for me ;D
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

To be honest, you are not in a position to pass haste gear for crit. Just get any good upgrades you can. When you are getting upgrades, you will see more balanced increase in DPS/Damage.

Also how are you going without points in intensity? Are you dotting EVERY target that is out then nuking?

Also you REALLY need to drop mining if you are complaining about your DPS. Not to be mean, but you keeping mining is showing lack of goal to improve your DPS.

As other's have mentioned, Get bejewled bracers made. Your using Nax bracers -_-

Okey, Dropping mining for Skinning then.
    I would have bought bejewled if i woulden't have spent over 8500 gold on epic flyers on on Engineering:P
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

Deleted

Check the moonkin guide on the druid forums and look for some info on EJ's forums and such, as you get better gear your dps will improve unless you really suck but i doubt that.

Also as compaqmac said drop the mining and get a good raiding profession and by now you shud know that blowing up all your cds at the start of the fight and using them every time they come off cd is the way to get max dps.

You should gem for raw spellpower on red slots and gem sp/crit if theres a yellow socket with 5sp or more and you only need 2 sp/spirit gems, get the haste you need from gear don't bother gemming for it unless your above the soft critcap and NEVER EVER gem for raw crit/haste !

Somewhere in your post u said that you were dotting several targets on Deathwhisper, at least in my guild theres no point in doing that cause it will simply lower your dps, the mobs wont last for the full duration of your dots, they die pretty quickly just simply nuke the boss with the rest of the ranged and let the melee kill the adds

Good luck and remember to practice your rotation as much as possible so that you know what to press even if your eyes are closed

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kilari
    Okey, Dropping mining for Skinning then.
    no! dont get skinning its nowhere as good as jc/bs/alch/lw and such, don't bother getting skinning/herb/mining they're the worst proffs out there for raiding, unless your situation money-wise is poor its better than mining but still money is easy to get nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Biostorm

Somewhere in your post u said that you were dotting several targets on Deathwhisper, at least in my guild theres no point in doing that cause it will simply lower your dps, the mobs wont last for the full duration of your dots, they die pretty quickly just simply nuke the boss with the rest of the ranged and let the melee kill the adds

Good luck and remember to practice your rotation as much as possible so that you know what to press even if your eyes are closed
    i belive there might be a Missinterpetation there, i wasen't Dotting several Mobs, though i am putting moonfire on the mob im starting to nuke to keep up stacks from my idol up during the add phase on lady.
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

Quote Originally Posted by Vexacus

moonkin druid really can't go oom from single target fight(+ a add here and there)
    and why a point in genesis.
    put a point in typhoon.
    or 2 in owlkin frenzie

To answer the question about genesis, it because i rather wanted 1% more DPs on my Moonfire/IS then having 3% less manacost cost (moonglow). im currently giving my innervate away to Arcanemages and healers, but should i remove that point from genesis, Put it in Moonglow and move a point from intensity to Typhoon? and start keeping the Innervate for my self? what would be best for the raid?
    your macro.....***ness

~Bahumut5

6800 on training dummy with alot of buffs seems alot more reasonable in ur gear. i find it super hard to believ in your gear you are doing 8k in saurfang. But if you say so then post your recount next time of WOL and maybe we can tweek you some.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=8132&e=8222

this is from the boomkin WOL where he was 3rd. this is his patchwerk fight. Dont ask me why its all on his icc run but here it is and as you can see that tank/spank he was far down the list. while hunters rogues and mages are at the top. This is how it should be if you wan to compare yourself then do it to other classes like ele shamans and spriest.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock