Poll: Should Loot be Updated on Archavon and Emalon to Persuade Pugs not to Skip?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: VoA Boss Skipping

Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook
    Even if the group doesn't skip I always drop after Tor, nothing I need and I don't care enough to gear up pugs.
    Attitudes like yours are why a 50 person ignore limit is never going to be enough. 9 or 24 other people cared enough about helping gear *you* to run you somewhere. Show a little courtesy and help other people out.

10+ Year Old Account

I personally don't mind if people drop out after Emalon is down, in 25 man Emalon's loot can be useful for newer 80s. There are usually enough left who want the badges off Archavon to down him anyway (doesn't take much).

Now people dropping out after Toravon, that's just rude and childish.

Guild runs that's a different story.
    - THERE ARE ONLY 11 TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD. Those that think binary jokes are funny, those that don't, and those that don't know binary.

if it was really a problem....they would put the bosses in order so u have to kill them to move on to the next...id rather just rip up ice and fire and make my way onto something more important then 30g and some useless badgs

Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker
    Attitudes like yours are why a 50 person ignore limit is never going to be enough. 9 or 24 other people cared enough about helping gear *you* to run you somewhere. Show a little courtesy and help other people out.
    Agree
    That, and most people who want the Grand Black Mammoth still don't have it. :[
    Despite countless weeks of Vault and multiple drops seen + terrible rolls
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by captinhook
    if it was really a problem....they would put the bosses in order so u have to kill them to move on to the next...id rather just rip up ice and fire and make my way onto something more important then 30g and some useless badgs
    badges are the best way to purchase epic gems

they are the opposite of useless. they are, bar none, the best source of gold in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    Wow, you don't need epic gems? Amazing. What, do you only take gear without gem slots? That's kind of fail.
    Actually no I don't, I've hit my gold quota to sit on before cata releases and it's just getting built on for anything unforeseeable that might come up. Plus my gem bag is full of stacks of epic gems and I'm getting them faster than they are selling so it would actually be a hindrance to have more since with all of my raid supplies in 1 bag my pvp gear in another my shards taking up a bag slot and as I already said my gem bag being full I don't want them over flowing into my backpack cus I'm kinda OCD about that. I'm sorry if your poor and can't just buy your epic gems.

Honor's good for gems too.. So, haha, pretty tied
    Edit* : Honor from Stone Keeper's Shards
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account

To everyone saying "Be considerate": it goes the other way too you know. Maybe they don't give a shit about some stupid vanity mount or don't feel like killing 2 completely irrelevant bosses in 25 man or 3 completely irrelevant bosses in 10 man so you can get a whopping 4-6 extra EOT badges and less than 75-50g extra. VOA 25? People can still use the 245 legs/gloves etc off Koralon. Anything below that? Stop being lazy and grind heroics like everyone else for furious/offset PVE gear/badges or go do PVP for the offset PVP gear.

That said I think letting 245 PVP weapons drop off the bosses would be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fligahgigook
    Actually no I don't, I've hit my gold quota to sit on before cata releases and it's just getting built on for anything unforeseeable that might come up. Plus my gem bag is full of stacks of epic gems and I'm getting them faster than they are selling so it would actually be a hindrance to have more since with all of my raid supplies in 1 bag my pvp gear in another my shards taking up a bag slot and as I already said my gem bag being full I don't want them over flowing into my backpack cus I'm kinda OCD about that. I'm sorry if your poor and can't just buy your epic gems.
    i go through, on average, 30 epic gems a week just for my toons. i'm sorry that you fail so bad at this game that you can't get upgrades to gem.

10+ Year Old Account

[quote=Freedom ]

I think this would be awesome, although I would make it 232 rather then 245. This would be more in line with the current PvP gear system (i.e. the gear you buy with Triumph badges).
    - THERE ARE ONLY 11 TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD. Those that think binary jokes are funny, those that don't, and those that don't know binary.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde
    i go through, on average, 30 epic gems a week just for my toons. i'm sorry that you fail so bad at this game that you can't get upgrades to gem.
    Awww QQ, lets persecute me because I'm on what can only be described as a sub par server with 0 ally guilds having LK down on 25 and only 3 with him down on 10. Your right, I'm bad at the game because only about 13 out of the other 24 people don't blow at the game. Your right I should be over there soloing icc 25. I don't have an over abundant need for gems because I only have 1 toon and I'd like to think I play him exceptionally well and I know every aspect of my class's mechanics to the T. I'm essentially done with gear from ICC 10 and like I said, my guilds progression is kinda sad in 25 (8/12).

Yes, I've also realized that maybe if I stay in the groups that down koralon and archivon and whatnot that yay maybe we won't be so bad as a server because t7/8 is srs bsns!, but you know what? I've resigned myself to accepting the fact that my server is bad and I live with it and don't believe that getting 1 persons alt some t8/9 will help my server over all. You know what else? I don't vote in elections either, its just the kind of person I am because i truly don't believe that it makes a difference, but I don't go out and complain about the way things are either.

Eh, I know some people like extra emblems and such but i personally hate voa, however i do it because i can use the extra emblems to buy primordial saronite, save up for gear to save me some dkp, or get a chance for a tier 10 piece to drop. I dont like fighting any of these bosses even if it is just sit there and dps, or sit there and heal. Yeah i could get off spec 226 gear but seriousy, cant i just do heroics and save up emblems in them for 232 off spec gear if i really wanted it? So yeah, no im fine with people skipping bosses however I will not leave the raid until I know we are not doing other two because I have myself something i follow through for any raids, where basically i stay in from the beginning to the end unless an emergency for real life happens, I have not found myself ever leaving a pug just because they wipe once or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Meepmeep

also, another one of my hatreds in VoA is people that leave after 1 wipe, particularly when the wipe was just bad luck, and nothing to do with skill/gear
    How does this happen, seriously?

I'm not too proud to admit that I have been in VoA PUGs which have had a wipe before, but other than DCs what sort of bad luck can possibly happen?

15+ Year Old Account

as a tank i make sure the group is aware the run is a full run and not a 1 boss kill >

I don't mind skipping bosses in VoA, not much I need out of there and the one toon I'd want the mount on is my Pally and she already has it.

If you do have issues with people skipping bosses you can "try" to petition Blizz to make it "gated" have to kill each boss progressively. t7 Boss before t8 and so on. Doubt it would happen though.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

I'm still not entirely sure why people started skipping them (maybe they enjoy feeling like a badass, I don't know) but I see no reason to push people into doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker
    9 or 24 other people cared enough about helping gear *you* to run you somewhere. Show a little courtesy and help other people out.
    No.

We are not here to carry your dead weight. Justify the mutualism of our exchange or stare longingly at Archavon and sigh.

If they dropped frosts sure i would run them, but they don't probably never will.

So i skip them, haven't been in a run since Toravon came out that has done Archie and Emalon.

<Socially Unacceptable> Is recruiting http://su-amanthul.guildportal.com/

What bugs me the most is that (On my server at least) the general idea is, "I'm afraid of Emalon's adds." So they stop at Koralon.

Shit was easy when tier 8 was the top tier, quit bitching now.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

10+ Year Old Account

The problem is that this raid I am only out for me, I don't care about you. I only care about me, so carry me through this place! THEN NINJA THE LOOT TO ME AND THEN YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! I ONLY CARE ABOUT STEALING THE LOOT YOU WANT! I DEMAND IT! I DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE TO HAVE ANYTHING! MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE! DON'T TELL ME TO KILL ORBS BECAUSE I'M RANGED! I DON'T CARE I WANT HIM DEAD YOU MELEE CAN JUST DIE! IF TANKS CAN'T SURVIVE WITH ALL THE ORBS ON THEM THEY SUCK AND NEED TO QUIT THIS GAME I DON'T WANT THEM RUINING MY GAME! This is the attitude of the people that drop after the first boss. Pray it isn't the loot master who takes everything then drops group.

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    The problem is that this raid I am only out for me, I don't care about you. I only care about me, so carry me through this place! THEN NINJA THE LOOT TO ME AND THEN YOU CAN ALL GO TO HELL! I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU! I ONLY CARE ABOUT STEALING THE LOOT YOU WANT! I DEMAND IT! I DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE TO HAVE ANYTHING! MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE! DON'T TELL ME TO KILL ORBS BECAUSE I'M RANGED! I DON'T CARE I WANT HIM DEAD YOU MELEE CAN JUST DIE! IF TANKS CAN'T SURVIVE WITH ALL THE ORBS ON THEM THEY SUCK AND NEED TO QUIT THIS GAME I DON'T WANT THEM RUINING MY GAME! This is the attitude of the people that drop after the first boss. Pray it isn't the loot master who takes everything then drops group.
    Win.
    When a cat is dropped, it ALWAYS lands on its feet; and when toast is dropped, it ALWAYS lands with the buttered side down.
    Therefore, I propose to strap buttered toast to the back of a cat. When dropped, the two will hover, spinning inches above the ground.
    A "buttered-cat array" could easily allow a high-speed monorail to link between New York with Chicago.