Poll: Is elemental better for pvp than enhance?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

For pvp: Ele or Enhance?

so, I really like to pvp on my shammy, and ive tried both elemental and enhance, but i cant tell which is more effective. Its true ele is high burst damage, and enhance can purge spam and melee dps at the same time, but i want opinions on which is stronger for bgs/arena
    Bring the player, not the class. *And a shaman.
    DEMACIA!!!!!

Re: For pvp: Ele or Enhance?

My honest opinion. Pick another class unless you're doing 5's. Shamans, in my experience, don't have the health pool or real utility to be of any use outside of 5's as support. You're right on Purge/Melee. They have a lot of tools that make them an excellent team mate. It never fails though that Shamans are ALWAYS the first to down. This is my opinion and I'm sure people will disagree. I picked the latter option of selecting another class for PvP purposes.

Edit: Forgot to put what I selected for the Poll.

Depends what the ppl are on ur server, if theres a good hunter then go beastcleave, if there isnt, go ele.

bump
    DEMACIA!!!!!

general rule for pvp... melee>caster

Quote Originally Posted by Berlock
    It never fails though that Shamans are ALWAYS the first to down.
    Not true, I do 2s with an arms warrior and 80% of the time they try to kill him... My shaman has 27k hp, glyphed for the shield, wolves which heal a ton, and shamanistic rage-30% less damage, plus instant 7k heals with maelstrom... I can tank something for awhile...

bump
    DEMACIA!!!!!

Hi. Trying not to get my account deleted here xD.

Personally I'm a big fan of the enhancement shaman because, well, it's a fantastic approximation to a fighter mage, and the only one before the arrival of the DK. However, I have to say that I think elemental might be more effective as a damage disher in pvp because of it's extreme burst potential. I've never played the elemental spec, but I can say that on every class that I've played (shaman, mage, priest, rogue), the elemental shaman has been a frightning enemy. The enhancement shaman, not so much. Not even on my enhancement shaman.

Recently the shaman class as a whole has been getting some tweaks and a major buff, but it's still not enough for the enhancement shaman. I still get downed in every imaginable situation without any real confidence to be able to pull off the strategies I think should be effective. That's not the case on my shadow priest or my frost mage. I hope blizzard, sooner rather than later, addresses this (lavaburst back on MW anyone? xD...I can dream :-( )

ele is much better for bg's. fun, huge self heals, burst damage.
    enhance good for beast cleaves in 3s and with pala/priest in 2s.
    personally i love enhance spec and i think ele is too easy and boring to play, BUT...
    enhance has very low armor (around 9500 on my shammy) when an ele shaman has a shield that gives him another 6k armor and its a huge difference. Also ele shaman taking less damage while stunned or silenced.
    Yes, enhance has shamanistic rage every minute and wolfs which can bring you to win and when its on cd shamans doesnt worth anything but pure purge.