Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Halls of Reflection H and Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Gearscore is the worst possible way to describe your gear to people though.

Fetish of Volatile Power is a horrible trinket for Shadow, and yet it has a higher item level than Abyssal Rune, and so Gearscore would assume that Fetish is better despite it being much worse. It also doesn't show any gems or enchants, or even if the gear they are wearing is vaguely appropriate. With Priests there is a limit to how far we can go wrong, since we can only wear Cloth, but if they have 5100 Gearscore in full PVP epics then I would say that would be a good indication on why they are having problems healing it.

Gearscore has a use, which is when you know nothing about a player it gives you the very basic information on their gear. Since it can't measure how appropriate gear is or if they have any idea what they are doing, it's better than nothing, but that's not exactly a glowing recommendation.
    Exactly, as I said an armory link would have been better but the GS let us know the OP overgears it by a large enough margin that even if he chose the ilvl over the properly itemized gear he still is fine gear wise for the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by boobot
    Just don't let a DK tank there and you will be fine ;D
    ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos

What is bothering me as a tank is when healer got a hot on me that will tick before I got proper aggro on them. Then the healer stand in the wrong place and mobs go for him instead of me.
    This is the biggest thing I see healers do 'wrong' in HHoR. I both heal it, and dps it. I caused wipes in the day when I left a riptide up - all the mobs beelined for me when the spawned. Now, I HoT away early (beginning of the pull) but once one or two drop down I make sure I stop casting hots.

As a healer in there, I just spam heals like crazy. You never know what you are going to get in a PuG, so its very preemptive healing, instead of reactionary.

Here are a few tips I have.

1) If you have Lightwell (yes I know people hate it) drop it. It's easy for the DPS to help you by topping themselves up between waves, and it's quick enough that usually doesn't pull aggro (overheals generate no aggro).
    2) Bubble and PoM the tank before waves. If possible bubble it just before the last mob is dead, so you don't risk pulling aggro.
    3) Shackle the lose mage/hunter/priest if it's out of range of the tank.
    4) Avoid using CoH or PoH early on in the wave, you'll draw aggro very quickly if you do.
    5) Dispel and Abolish Disease if you can... can help a LOT with your healing, if there's a Shaman in the group, ask them to drop a cleansing totem.

I healed HoR (H) today with an awsome pala tank. He actually knew what to do and we did the dungeon easier then any other dungeon. It was his first time in there aswell.

Anyway, what we did was to CC the priest so he couldnt cast his heals, and we always killed the hunter first. The hunter aplies a healing debuff that can be quite nasty. After that the rogue was next on the prio. In my experience the mages and soldiers are fairly easy to handle, and as long as the priest is CC'd and the hunter and rogue drops fast, its quite easy all in all. The bosses are a laugh if you have decent outgoing dmg.

So, my point is, if you struggle with HoR (H), lay out some tactics. Poeple are way to used to just AoE it all down, which is the worst tactic you can use in there. Make the tank use markings, use CC's and single target dmg. My personal prio list is Hunter -> Rogue -> (Priest 2nd if you cant CC the priest) -> Mage/Soldier.

This is still how all heroics should be like in difficulty level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreies

And no, I'm not a GS fanatic I just think it has its uses when used properly and doesn't deserve that level of response. Especially from a mod.
    GS has no use other than to flex your e-peen.

10+ Year Old Account

Gear Score is negatively relevant to all issues save being Naxx geared and going into ICC.

Deleted

try to shackle one.. the trash in there hits alot more than in nexus or UK. i belive its the only really place in wrath HCs its good to CC.

15+ Year Old Account

It's just one of those instances you and the tank need to be awake for. No point in dropping each of your CD's every time they're up. I try to keep everyone shielded when I have a second. But theres always mobs running around hitting people even when the Tank has threat.

Just need a fast reaction to keep them up. Not really that hard if you pay attention to who has aggro. Grid shows me that. Quite handy.