Thread: Rupture back?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Rupture back?

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Definitely not. The only rupture rotation for mut that comes close has a high-rupture rotation netting ~95% rupture uptime. This *destroys* our envenom uptime, and is roughly 300 dps behind at current calculations. Mutilate will most surely not be using rupture unless more changes happen.

Now, combat....
    How recent are those numbers?

I wouldn't expect Rupture to stay out of the Assassination rotation for long, and the addition of natural criticals to it was likely a ploy to get it to see some use again. Rupture has traditionally been part of the Assassination cycle and I wouldn't be surprised if they buffed it further. I don't think the days of maintaining Rupture are over and I'm certain the days of spamming Envenom are numbered.
    God; I hate you people.

If they put in some massive rupture buff to where you want to use it as assassination, then you are going to be wasting your time with assassination completely since said rupture buff will make combat do far more damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    Hmm a minimum of 1 of the 2 combat rogues was using a rupture spec on the world first 25 heroic LK kill which is an add based target switching fight. Pretty sure you can use it regardless of how far you are into ICC.

Edit: Also 2 of the rogues are assassinaiton/combat dual spec and both have a rupture based combat spec. So again, how far you are into ICC doesnt seem to matter.
    Combat is generally better at target switching than the other two specs. Therefore it is easy to assume that combat will work best at fights with alot of target swtiching, in other words icc hm's.

Deleted

I'm so confused about this, I'm currently an arp gemmed combat rogue, and not sure wether to use glyphed high rupture, or stick with evisc..
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Draenor&n=proi

Quote Originally Posted by Haibara
    Many Assasination rogues in high end guilds go Combat now, the reason for this is target switching. Going from Assasination to Combat would be useless if you went high Rup rotation.
    Haibara, this is what I was referring to. I am not disputing the reasons for switching to combat from mut (though I think you are leaving out the higher controlled burst which is a potential huge plus). The 1 assassination rogue that was in that 25 h-LK kill has a rupture combat offspec. The other had a mut 2nd spec, if going to combat "would be useless if you went high rup rotation" he wouldn't have been combat for the fight would he?

You also said something about being far into ICC, to me that said LK or HM's.

A High Rupture cycle isn't possible without letting SnD fall. Top end combat rogues are only showing 75% - 80% Rupture uptime, even on things like Saurfang. They are still doing high DPS, and higher than they would w/o Rupture, but don't strive for a High Rupture uptime.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    Haibara, this is what I was referring to. I am not disputing the reasons for switching to combat from mut (though I think you are leaving out the higher controlled burst which is a potential huge plus). The 1 assassination rogue that was in that 25 h-LK kill has a rupture combat offspec. The other had a mut 2nd spec, if going to combat "would be useless if you went high rup rotation" he wouldn't have been combat for the fight would he?

You also said something about being far into ICC, to me that said LK or HM's.
    I can tell you that combat is nearly necessary for HM-LK. Combat's not inherently better at target switching, it's inherently better at on-demand burst. Attempting to kill valkyr in P2 without on-demand burst is a death sentence. We've got all of our rogues as combat on this simply because having BF/KS/AR for valkyr is pretty much required.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver
    How recent are those numbers?

I wouldn't expect Rupture to stay out of the Assassination rotation for long, and the addition of natural criticals to it was likely a ploy to get it to see some use again. Rupture has traditionally been part of the Assassination cycle and I wouldn't be surprised if they buffed it further. I don't think the days of maintaining Rupture are over and I'm certain the days of spamming Envenom are numbered.
    Those numbers are post-release of the buff from aldriana and mavanas. Both of which write the spreadsheets we all live by =D.
    I'd agree that spamming envenom's days are numbered, but for now as mutilate, it's pretty clear that rupture has no place in the rotation short of players not geared for current content.

Combat rupture appears to pull ahead by a very small margin, and only on fights where you can guarantee that your ruptures will tick to full duration. Every other fight is mut/env or comb/evisc biased.

Thats why I said he was leaving out the bonus of higher controlled burst

Anyway my point was that he was incredibly wrong about switching to a rupture combat being useless.

Nearly useless isn't incredibly wrong, the good part about combat is the low rank up time for dps.