Need Help with Whisper after succesful cast Macro

My current Tricks of the Trade Macro goes like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=target] Tricks of the Trade
    /w target Tricks are for kids!

I want to modify it so it only whispers on a successful cast. Anyone can help me with that? I use Trick or Treat addon, but I disable the auto whisper/report because not everyone wants to be whisper about it.

Re: Need Help with Whisper after succesful cast Macro

I highly doubt a macro itself will be able to figure out if you did actually cast the spell, so the Addon is the only way to go.

And.. what's the difference between using the addon and whispering with a macro anyway? If 'Not everyone' wants to be informed about it, neither way will make a change to that.

#showtooltip Tricks of the trade
    /script for i=1,40 do local b=UnitBuff("mouseover",i)if b=="Tricks of the trade"then return end local u,pi="mouseover","Tricks of the trade"if IsSpellInRange(pi,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(pi)==0 then SendChatMessage("You just got "..GetSpellLink(pi).."!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u)) nd
    /cast [target=mouseover] Tricks of the trade

Works for mouseover totting (I mouseover grid)

You may want to modify it a bit though.

/script local u,s="focus","Tricks of the Trade"if IsSpellInRange(s,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage("Tricks' on you dont die!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u))end
    /cast [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Respective
    /script local u,s="focus","Tricks of the Trade"if IsSpellInRange(s,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage("Tricks' on you dont die!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u))end
    And this is for your focus-target, if you couldn't tell.

Also, welcome to MMO-Champ Respective

Quote Originally Posted by Respective
    Do i just change focus to the name of my target? I have 3 tricks macro I use. One for focus, one for target's target, one for my dps tricks target. focus and target's target doesnt want to be whisper about it, but dps do to stack cds with it if they can.

If you dont want it as focus just take that out and put /cast [target=BILLYBOB] Tricks of the Trade

I always left it in some of the tanks liked to see it for trash to use there CD's just to see how much extra dmg they could do on aoe packs

ah it worked, i thought i had to change the "focus" part in the /script line but i didnt.

Thanks alot, i appreciate it!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shikimara
    Do i just change focus to the name of my target? I have 3 tricks macro I use. One for focus, one for target's target, one for my dps tricks target. focus and target's target doesnt want to be whisper about it, but dps do to stack cds with it if they can.
    Change the "focus" to "mouseover" and that should work.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you have lots of spells that you wanna notify on, you may want to try the addon "AfterCast". It allows you to add messages for your spells.