Damage Consistancy issues

So last night I had a few issues during raid with losing substantial amounts of dps at inopportune moments. On both Festergut and Rotface it seemed that below 20% I was doing absolutely zero damage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=909&e=1137 - Fester
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=298&e=526 - Rotface

I didn't get spores on fester but I did get get ooze during hero and towards the end of rotface.
    The drop off was definitly noticable on Fester - if you toggle the time line you can see that at about 18:30:45 I drop from above 14k to below 5k. I thought I had been bopped by my guilds friendly (read: asshole) ret but I hadn't. The only thing I can think of was chainmissing on offhand attacks due to rng: I was so rage starved that I couldn't even keep up sunder :/

Just annoying as I was heading towards a quite decent parse on fester, and the most ironic thing is that I had saved my second death wish for execute phase :/

Any ideas on how this might have happened? Help me warrior forums!

Edit: I am Xariahz, in case that wasnt already obvious :>

Re: Damage Consistancy issues

i have the same problem on a few bosses in icc after 20% it looks like my rage gen goes down and the unendles rage is gone... This has nothing to do with excecutes because i can't even use them, so raped is my rage... i had this on lord marrowgar and festergut. last raid i pulled higher dps on deathbringer with less WW's then on festergut because my dps dropped real fast at 20% of his health.

We're you heroic striking yourself into rage starvation? I don't really see anything else that would result in you dropping dps like that... make sure if you are missing on offhand hits to stop heroic striking. Also on festergut to be extra careful when you aren't taking any damage from blight on the ground.

I never run into rage issues on either fight but I have noticed an overall randomness to damage, maybe you just got an unlucky streak on non crits.

Every time festergut inhales his aoe dmg gets reduced and his tank dmg goes up. At 3 inhales he's doing almost non-existent aoe dmg. Maybe you were relying on that incoming damage to spam things and he was at 3 inhales during execute range.

Once bosses hit execute range I tend to drop off on the heroic strikes a bit (unless there is incoming dmg like 0 inhale fester, bql etc) as I would rather replace heroic strike entirely with execute damage. Though I also rarely execute as BT>WW>bloodsurge>heroicthrow>execute imo.

It's not an issue with my skills or playstyle.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1063&e=1109

That's the parse for the period where I had reduced dmg. In 46 seconds I did a total of 1 offhand swing and 1 heroic strike.

Maybe I wasn't behind the boss? Doesn't explain how I could still get 9 Bloodthirsts off.

Just throw on a shield\shieldwall and innervene the tank. some extra rage right thar.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Did you forget to auto attack? O_o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Seems like you stopped autoattacking. Make sure you're in range. Specials can hit from further away.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Just wailed away on a dummy. Pretty sure bloodthirst is melee range.

Sometimes your character can stop attack for whatever reason. Solutions

A. Bind all your specials with /startattack
    B. If you notice yourself rage starved or not attacking right click the boss or hit T (or whatever you have attack bound on)