Sub, most fun i've had on my rogue.

Hi, I leveld up my rogue in wotlk since i felt the need of an alt.
    And now i am rerolling it and retiring my DK tank. So i've played both Assasination and Combat(current specc) in PvE, and mostly mutilate in PvP, but when i was reading patch notes for 3.3.3 i saw sub was getting a lot of changes. I dont know if they were major or making it viable, but i respecced my muti specc for sub instead since well.. muti in PvP is very booring according to me.
    NOTE: I am not a "hardcore" PvPer and i dont arena, i simply enjoy playing some bg's when i'm bored.
    I found out that playing sub in PvP is probably the most fun i've had on my rogue ever..
    It's just addictive i cant stop quing, and searching for PvE geared clothies, or just any PvE geared class, since i 2 hit most of them.
    Just wondering if anyone else also find sub as the most "rogue" like specc?
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Re: Sub, most fun i've had on my rogue.

100% agree. I had so much fun leveling my rogue in subtlety.

Then I dinged lvl80, went mutilate/combat, and now considering to put the rogue on the shelf.

care to give more info on how exactly you play? I've muti-pvped for about a year now and tried sub and can't get the hang of it. Not really sure what to do or when to do it. My 1k resil is pretty much teh only thing that hides teh fact that i'm an idiot, lol.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I do Bgs on my rogue as Combat/Subt and i cut through plate like there´s no tomorrow

Ghostly Strike+Riposte+lots of dodge+Unfair Advantage+Suprise Attacks+Serrated Blades+Killing Spree= they have no chance

Show those rets some leather justice
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

I dont really know how to play at it's "best" i play with a dagger in MH, and specced into imp amush or w/e.
    Usally i seek out weak ppl and se how fast i can kill them,
    x2 free CP[Insert skill name] Then Shadow step while in stealth(for dmg buff) ambush-evi=dead with some crappy gear.
    Else i usally place a kidney on instead of Evi and then hemo-Backstab-backstab as much as i can or even blow shadow dance and ambush spamm, If i got Shadowdance up and they dont trinket my kidney(or brake in some way) i almost kill everything.
    Sub is simply massive burst from nowhere, they dont see it comming. Unless you've killed the guy 5 times in a row, wich i did on a 16k HP wlock last night, 2 hitted more times that i could count
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo
    care to give more info on how exactly you play? I've muti-pvped for about a year now and tried sub and can't get the hang of it. Not really sure what to do or when to do it. My 1k resil is pretty much teh only thing that hides teh fact that i'm an idiot, lol.

lol this made me LOL . honesty can be so refreshing
    Read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghurrnna

lol this made me LOL . honesty can be so refreshing
    I tend to be a dick sometimes and the only way I can justify it is by criticizing my own shortcomings, so i'll gladly admit them.

OP: What kind of spec you running? How about glyphs?

As sub sometimes you just hit like nothing, this would be okay if everyone else didn't hit like a truck. You have a load of control in my opinion over other players however; CP + Waylay stack, easy generation of your own combo points (If HaT is up you might as well be throwing finishers), and the ability to Ghostly Strike + Evasion any melee classes. But the aforementioned hurts a lot when your CS + KS is gone and you didn't do nearly as much as a two Mutilate's and an Envenom can do.

It's fun however, don't get me wrong. I really enjoy it and I do more random BG's now than random heroics. It's a nice breathe of fresh air to be able to use a spec that takes a little more thinking on the fly to play than Mutilate.

I agree! Sub is such a fun spec. It's just too bad it's still sub-par in PVE damage. It's definitely the most roguish spec.

After doing some testing on dummies and in groups I find 2 things. First it's really, REALLY annoying when you have to rely on other player's crits to give you combo points. It doesn't work at all as a rotation when you're alone. Second you just don't do enough special damage. It's really nice to pop a few ambushes together but I can't even keep up SnD and rupture at the same time because of backstab cost to combo point generation problems.

IMO get rid of HAT and make it a talent that makes backstab generate 2 combo points.
    My 80s
    Ret/Prot Paladin
    Afflic Warlock
    Mut Rogue
    Enhance Shaman
    Prot Warrior
    Unholy Death Knight

I'm kinda wondering how Sub could do with a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49982 Or two. WoWhead is having an error by the way, it regens 4 energy. The rogue in my guild finally got it after seeing the thing drop week after week on his tree alt for the purpose of heals, and said the regen was just nuts, but he isn't Sub for PvP.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

I still keep a fast offhand, but I have a heroic heartpierce that I use, and the energy regen is great. It's a much needed boost in energy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    I still keep a fast offhand, but I have a heroic heartpierce that I use, and the energy regen is great. It's a much needed boost in energy for sure.
    Would you say it's almost required to keep up the amount of energy sub otherwise lacks? If so, that's a bit unfortunate, but still pretty cool that sub can be made wicked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    I'm kinda wondering how Sub could do with a http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49982 Or two. WoWhead is having an error by the way, it regens 4 energy. The rogue in my guild finally got it after seeing the thing drop week after week on his tree alt for the purpose of heals, and said the regen was just nuts, but he isn't Sub for PvP.
    I've got a Heartpierce as well and it is a nice dagger. But the small amount of energy with a 60sec internal (i think thats right) makes it hardly noticable. It's a very nice dagger for it's dps alone. Upgraded my Twin Spike with it and added some nice numbers. I havn't really noticed a huge increase in regen.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

No internal. I've had mine refresh it's buff before.