Riptide doesnt always work??

Hey was wondering if anyone else ever experiences ripetide not hitting*

ill be out the mana it casts and even hear the splash, but not heal is done, nor is is the hot applied
    anyone else notice this?

Re: Riptide doesnt always work??

Were you by chance casting this on someone who had riptide on them that was wearing out? EG refreshing it on the tank. There are some bugs with dots and Hots where if you refresh it right as it wears out it still wears out. Need to either refresh it a little early or let it wear out completely.

Also, if your first Riptide was cast while you were at a higher Spellpower, the spell will do its initial heal, but will not refresh the HoT.

15+ Year Old Account

If the issue is the HoT not showing up on healbot that happens all the time.

actually i've found (by checking targets buffs) that sometimes they don't get it at all, and as someone posted earlier, aparantly there is a bug with hots n dots right now.
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

Ive noticed that if you currently have a riptide hot on the target, cast a chain heal and immediately cast another riptide at the end of the chain heal, that chain heal will actually consume the hot of the riptide cast after the chain heal. This isn't a bug or anything with my UI and it happens literally 100% of the time if you know how to quickly chain cast.
    www.dramaloot.com

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Evilgopher