Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard~ This isn't how to fix Fire.

Okay, so there has been some decent, much needed, changes recently to the Fire tree. For instance, Pyroblast is now on TTW (was wondering why Pyroblast was scaling so badly) and more importantly, the (from 10%) 20% threat reduction.

What really bothers me though, is Combustion. I know some people have liked to miss this talent for a while now, and well said. It was great back when you had 15% Crit when you were level 50, but now it is just a joke. Seriously changing it to a 2min CD instead of the previous 3min seems very lazy to me. If you pop Combustion at the wrong time (there shouldn't be a wrong time) Living Bomb will chew it up and you'll get sod all for it.

Comparing this talent to say Icy Veins/Arcane Power is a n absolute joke. I know this is nothing new but hey, I gotta vent.

Do you agree guys? I'll say its mildly useful in PvP, if you have the balls to PvP with Fire.

Side Note: Scorch Mage? Could it ever come back? With that 20% damage increase Glyph, while popping, it can produce 6k's for me (pretty average gear). And fishing for Pyro's this way actually works quite effeciently.

Re: Blizzard~ This isn't how to fix Fire.

If you pop Combustion at the wrong time (there shouldn't be a wrong time) Living Bomb will chew it up and you'll get sod all for it.
    Arcane is all about managing your cooldowns. As fire, you get the one. You really fgind that single cooldown hard to manage?
    For instance, Pyroblast is now on TTW (was wondering why Pyroblast was scaling so badly) and more importantly, the (from 10%) 20% threat reduction.
    The tanks I run with can actually, y'know, generate threat. The Pyroblast changes are 100% more important than the threat reduction.

But I'm not sure if I've just replied t oa troll, so I'm gonna leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    Arcane is all about managing your cooldowns. As fire, you get the one. You really fgind that single cooldown hard to manage?
    The tanks I run with can actually, y'know, generate threat. The Pyroblast changes are 100% more important than the threat reduction.

you never played firemage? yes?
    if you pop combostion after fireball, this fireball will not get 10% critchanse and 50% inc. critdamage, and if it crits, it will eat 1 charge from combostion, you have to wait until fireball lands (lol, 1.5 sec, hi dps loss). same with LB.
    if you pop combostion (3min) in start of fight, you will get scorch (lol 8k) fireball and (if you get proc) fireball+pyro crits. 2min is better than 3 min but still, its crappy pve tallent.
    in toc i have had 2 place on threat... everywhere! yes, tank can generate threat, but not enough, and i have to stop my damage to give tank some time.

You're such a tool, It isn't hard to 'manage', there isn't any management at all.

And your tank could hold the threat from 20 active LBs pre-patch? Bollocks.

...what?

Living Bomb ticks don't consume Combustion. The explosion can. I just checked, and I think it's been that way for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    ...what?

Living Bomb ticks don't consume Combustion. The explosion can. I just checked, and I think it's been that way for a while now.
    no one talked about ticks

Then I don't understand the OP's complaint. If you're super concerned about LB consuming a charge of Combustion, hit it right after you refresh LB? Doesn't seem too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank
    You're such a tool, It isn't hard to 'manage', there isn't any management at all.

I don't even understand what you are saying. If the MT in my guild was tanking a boss with 20 mages all applying living bomb to the boss, yes, he would hold aggro, very easily.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    I don't even understand what you are saying. If the MT in my guild was tanking a boss with 20 mages all applying living bomb to the boss, yes, he would hold aggro, very easily.
    or he possibly meant that awesome endgame raid encounter which had 19 adds stacked on top of a boss all living long enough for living bomb to be applied to all of them and then exploding. you know the fight...
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    Then I don't understand the OP's complaint. If you're super concerned about LB consuming a charge of Combustion, hit it right after you refresh LB? Doesn't seem too complicated.
    This.

If you're popping Combustion before Scorching, you're doing it wrong. If you're standing around for a second waiting for a fireball to land, you're doing it wrong. After refreshing LB, you have a window in which no fireballs are in the air and you have a spare microsecond to pop Combustion.

TL;DR, if Combustion is losing charges off LB's explosion or Scorch, you're doing it wrong.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Truly interesting post. Heh...

Combustion has had issues for awhile. The changes they've made to it have been nice, and much has been done to preserve the talent. As always though, I find complaining about it rather fruitless without a constructive, positive idea that makes sense for an alternative.

Pyro being put on TtW was nice, as well as couple other things, so I don't see much problem there.

I made this up when I was thinking of ideas to submit to blizz for frost, to help make it a little more interesting and perhaps more raid friendly. Originally the idea was to turn the Frozen Core talent into this, check it out (as it could be applied to combustion instead):

When activated, your [fire spells], increasing critical strike damage by [50]% for 30 seconds, increasing critical strike chance by 1% each second of the effect. However all non-periodic critical strikes cost an additional 1% total mana is drained every second.

I simply removed a lot of what I was going to suggest for a frost version, and just trimmed it back to Combustion. The difference is of course, the timer for the 50% increased critical strike modifier. As it stands, Combustion is put on a timer instead of a hard crit cap before deactivating. You could of course change up the percentage of crit bonus that it gives, but this should work nicely for blizzards plans to reduce the overall amount of crit people are seeing. It's not really helpful for pvp in this form, but perhaps an adjustment to increase damage done as well would be appropriate, and then just add a mana drain attached like Hysteria (for health) and you then have an awesome 1 talent wonder for fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    or he possibly meant that awesome endgame raid encounter which had 19 adds stacked on top of a boss all living long enough for living bomb to be applied to all of them and then exploding. you know the fight...
    Ok, yes, my MT would hold aggro on that, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank
    You were the one who complained you were incapable of popping it at the right time to NOT have it consumed by Living Bomb, you obviously have some issue managing that single button.

Wait, you can cast 20 LBs in 12 seconds?

in toc i have had 2 place on threat... everywhere! yes, tank can generate threat, but not enough, and i have to stop my damage to give tank some time.
    As I said, get better tanks. I've tanked with super duper Fire and Arcane mages in the raid in ToGC25, and in ICC25, and not once have they threatcapped me.

15+ Year Old Account

(read to the tune of poker face)

in-in-in-in-in-inin-in-invis

duh nuh nuh nuh

BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    (read to the tune of poker face)

duh nuh nuh nuh

Also Hand of Salv if it's available. Also Tricks and MDs + AOE onto the tank. But it's hard yo, buttons are hard to press when they're not damage buttons!

Also Hand of Salv if it's available. Also Tricks and MDs + AOE onto the tank. But it's hard yo, buttons are hard to press when they're not damage buttons!
    Wait... so... you're telling me, that this game has stuff to do that... is effective, yet doesn't... hurt things? WTFLOLBLIZZ. >.>

(Insert sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Sephyan
    Wait... so... you're telling me, that this game has stuff to do that... is effective, yet doesn't... hurt things? WTFLOLBLIZZ. >.>

(Insert sarcasm)
    Yah! I mean, warriors shouldn't taunt, because theirs' doesn't even do damage. My Paladin's does! (Me and my cotank generally taunt Blood Queen on cooldown... an extra ~5k damage each every 6 seconds is awesome. I think our healers hate us )

I would love it if combustion were changed to something like: increased 20% crit for 20 secs, with a 2 min CD.

that would be awesome.

however, Blizzard will not do this because they like the current implementation for PVP

You want to fix Fire?? How about adding more talents that give spell hit to fire spells. Fire gimps itself greatly because you have such a high Hit Cap to cover.

Its that simple

The lack of hit has so little to actually do with it, Waluigiee, that it's not even funny.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~