Having hard time gearing for haste as resto druid.

Well i been away from wow about 2 months and now i try to get my gear back up. So far i focusing on t10 for the 4p setbonus. I already had the gloves and the shoulder back when i still played, and the staff from saurfang 10man.I bought now the headpiece, which is a great haste lose for me, i hardly can reach the haste soft cap with all the items i able to get have crit instead of haste. I dont know if it will going to be better or should i start gemming for haste?
    Heres my armory, i still dont use the gloves and the shoulders cause of the t9 4p setbonus superior compared to the t10 2p setbonus. My talents need some change but i dont think i will get celestial focus, i would lose talent points from resto that are need for my style of healing.
    Also i know i have outdated trinkets and cloak but i just cant get anything better, i been farmin toc25 for cape but nothing :-[

Deleted

Re: Having hard time gearing for haste as resto druid.

yeah, new cape and +22 haste will help

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50973#comments gives a nice bounch of haste

http://thottbot.com/i50196 also gives haste and is fairly easy to obtain

3 points from the resto tree would dampen your healing style? The 3% haste would probably benefit you more than an Earth-shield like effect that heals for 30% (living seed) on 25% (crit chance) of 10% (how much of our heals are Swiftmend, first-cast regrowths, nourishes, and NSHT's) (max) of our heals.

I don't know what you had for a headpiece before you picked up the tier piece, but it seems imo at least that there were better alternatives than picking the headpiece right away as your first. First off I'll throw in some basic tips just to give you some leeway:

Gemming: While directly gemming SP is definitely the best thing to do when you have a haste cap met, it doesn't really suit well for you at your level currently, and you're probably better off switching those Runed Cardinal Rubies into Reckless Ametrines (+12 SP / +10 Haste). For yellow slots you can even gem Pure Haste, as it helps a lot.

Spec: You said you don't feel very comfortable with changing into celestial focus, I strongly would suggest it, as there aren't too many things in Resto that are very mainstream in healing, besides the natural PvE talents. While Living seed is good in the long run to add a bit of power to our healing table, it only helps on occasion, and the main focus of heals should be on hots, like Rejuvenation or Wild Growth. It helps to have that up there but it doesn't seem all that necessary if you're giving up the haste cap for it. However, if you want to keep it, you could give up Revitalize instead for something more suitable (Revitalize doesn't help you heal, it just gives a bit of "oomf" to your raid and benefits them out.
    w/ Revitalize
    w/ Living Seed

It may not seem like a big boost to have Celestial Focus, but that's over 100 haste you don't have to gem for / stat for now. Statting for 735 haste is much easier than 856, so I highly suggest redoing that spec =P

Gear: I'll do gear in a slot by slot analysis, in terms of easily manageable upgrades which you can use in the meantime:
    --Head: Helm of Abundant Growth - 50 Emblems of Triumph, and it's pointless to equip the Lasherweave Helm until you start getting bonuses from tier
    --Cloak: Greatcloak of the Turned Champion - Saurfang 25, Probably the best you can get right now, and it looks like you've done Saurfang.
    --Chest: Vestments of Spruce and Fir - 95 Emblems of Frost, BiS 25 man normal gear, to acompany 4 pieces of tier.
    --Boots: Blessed Cenarion Boots - LWing, but if it's too costly, Boots of the Frozen Seed is a nice alternative (Deathwhisper 10 Man).
    --Ring: Marrowgar's Frigid Eye - Marrowgar 25

In general for upgrades, replace your tier gear with haste first, every little bit helps.

Deleted

--Chest: Vestments of Spruce and Fir - 75 Emblems of Frost, BiS 25 man normal gear, to acompany 4 pieces of tier.
    the chest cost 95 frost

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    the chest cost 95 frost
    Ty sir.

Deleted

You're welcome

to OP, try specc into CF (something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VGzu0hZZf0IubuxVuVcsVo). it's like 110 haste for free (almost). You should really consider it

to OP:
    you should be using the Cowl Of Malefic Repose helmet that you received yesterday (if you can spare the mana regen) or buy the emblem of triumph helmet.

There are several boots out there with haste rating (boots of the mourning widow from TOC25, ICC crafted, spellslinger). Or you can shoot for the boots that drop from Deathwhisper 10-man.

The cape from northrend beasts 25 man, blood princes 10man, or the cape from saurfang 25 are all drastically better than your current cape.

Grab the emblem of triumph ring instead of the band of deplorable violence. Or the ring from Marrowgar 25 man

I havent listed all of the possibilities out there, more or less the items that came to mind while writing this. Download atlasloot and spend some time digging through the items to get a better sense of what is actually out there. Or you can use Rawr to have that help filter some items out for you.

If you can grab these items then you can add 255+ haste rating, putting you at ~775-800+ haste rating. All of these items are well within your current progression and/or easily obtained with badges. With that much haste rating, then the need for CF is pretty debatable. The difference between 800 haste rating with/without CF only comes out to be 0.01-0.02 seconds added to your GCD (1-2% healing done assuming perfect conditions and the ability to perfectly hit your next cast the absolute instant it comes off GCD). Depending on your playstyle the 7 points you put back into resto after dropping CF and nature's grace can easily account for or surpass that 1-2% healing done from CF (again assuming perfect conditions).

10+ Year Old Account

Being haste capped is far more important than Living Seed and even full replen.

Once you really start getting into raiding you are going to have more badges than you'll know what to do with. If you are pushing for 4pT10 after buy the BP from badges, by the cloth belt, both should jump you up a lot.

Until your capped I would just gem all yellow slots with pure haste.

If you replace ilvl 264 with 245, or 251 with ToC 10 gear, you will see a healing decrease, even at haste cap. But hitting cap by regeming and loosing that SP you will still see a overall healing increase.

Know, not ALL your gear will need to have haste on it to be easily capped.

Gear wise though
    Neck: Saur 10 or Marrow 25
    Back: Saur 25, or Dreamwalker 25
    Belt: cloth, badges
    Rings: you can buy the 245 haste one with triumph badges

Just those upgrades and regeming could probably take you up to the point where your capped without having to spend the extra points into balance.

My helm, shoulders, bracers, and boots are all crit and I'm 856 without CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar
    Being haste capped is far more important than Living Seed and even full replen.
    I really have to disagree with this. My healing done from the first 5-6 bosses has Living Seed accounting for 3.4-4.2% of my total healing done. The very best possible gain you can get from Celestial Focus is 3%, meanwhile that requires 7 talent points to get where Living Seed only needs 3.

Being haste capped actually isn't that critical. It's certainly something to aim for, but it's not worth making significant sacrifices to achieve (such as useful talents and set bonuses).

Logs for kills of first 5-6 bosses:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...s/2/?enc=kills
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...s/5/?enc=kills

This may not be the same for everyone, and certainly on mass AoE bosses where you do nothing but Rejuv & Wild Growth then LS will be useless, but those boss fights are definitely in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

10+ Year Old Account

That's exactly what i used to think. When ICC 1st came out people wern't taking 251 and 264 gear and were downgrading to ToC 10 reg gear just to get haste capped. Well, i wasn't going to do that. I decided not to and topped meters fine.

I finally folded for a raid and regemmed and did everything I could to get capped. My healing jumped up a TON.

If you look at the fights, it's not a minority.
    Marrow: P1 fully hotting all 3 tanks and rejuving spikes. P2, rejuving the raid.
    Deathwhisper: p1 hotting the tanks and healing random spike. P2, rejuving the raid.
    Boat: rejuving the raid
    Suar: Hotting the tanks, hotting the people with the blood debuff, fully hotting the marks.
    Rotface: Fully hotting the tanks and random dmg.
    Fester: rejuv spamming
    Put: rejuv spamming
    Princes: hotting the tanks and random dmg
    BQ: rejuv spamming
    Dreamwalker: All your spells
    Sindra: fully hotting the tank, rejuv spamming
    LK: hotting tanks, rejuv spamming

Yes, you can nourish spam. Yes, we can tank heal. Yes, we can do everything well. We can buffer the raid the best.

There is no reason anyone needs to regrowth the raid. Tbh, most the time there is no reason the nourish the raid. If you accept we are going to be spammers this expac, our hots are really OP on tanks, and rejuv spamming the raid WILL up your overall healing by a lot, more druids will top meters.

No, meters don't matter. But when you are the best class in the raid to buffer the raid with heals, you have priests and shamans which can heal all other types of spike easily, and you are the only class that can buffer the raid, you should do it.

Living seed is pretty terrible, EJ druids have done test after test and haven't come up with LS being worth 3 points since the beginning of the xpac.

It's all based on play style, but some ARE better then others, just not as fun.