Putricide+Lana'thel

Howdy.

Every Saturday night my guilt runs ICC10 so basically, in a few hours I have..ICC10.

We've downed every single boss except for Lana'thel and Putricide.

Raid comp is usually:
    3 Healers: Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Disc Priest(Sideline/Sub healers: Druid, Shaman)
    2 Tanks: Blood DK and Warrior(Both about 43k(give or take) in health)
    5 DPS: Unholy DK(me), Fury Warrior, Arcane Mage, Boomkin. The 5th member is either: Another Arcane Mage, the Holy Priest said above goes Shadow instead, or a Paladin.

The comp is usually the same, except for maybe 1 healer or 1 dps.

Everyone's basically extremely well geared but we're just having a bit of trouble on Putricide and Lanathel.

I know there's threads with this and I know I can look the fights up, which I have, but we can't find a good strategy for either of these bosses.

I'm just basically asking what strategy is the best for you for 10M Lanathel and Putricide.

Thanks for the input and I hope your strategy makes us down them and move onto the LK! THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted

Re: Putricide+Lana'thel

Both are a DPS race, I think the problem is the DPS, else you wouldn't be wiping all the time. (Unless some ppl screw up due not following tacts, but then you won't ask other players as you know the problem.)

Would be nice to know where you're wiping, or what seems to be the issue, so we can get a general idea how to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Both are a DPS race, I think the problem is the DPS, else you wouldn't be wiping all the time. (Unless some ppl screw up due not following tacts, but then you won't ask other players as you know the problem.)
    O trust me, the lowest DPS is the mage who's pulling 7.7k on average in our 10 man.

I mean like tactics wise, such as an easier way to take out the oozes spawned by Putricide, etc, etc.

@bigfoot

We're wiping on about 30%ish in Putricide and on Lanathel we're wiping around 25%ish.

You usually only wipe to Blood Queen when you don't have the DPS or people die to things they can easily not die to. Only big problem is the second phase 2 when you have to get close to people to bite. This can actually be avoided , or at least only cause it to happen when she is at about 10% health if you have bloodlust/heroism (but of course you don't). Even still, if DPS isn't an issue, then the fight shouldn't be either. Get the best DPS bit first.

As for Putricide, he's less of a DPS race (until 35%) and more of a "don't be stupid" fight. Since you are wiping in phase 3, make sure you push him into phase 3 with no slime pools up, and no oozes. You can do it despite those two happening, but it complicates things a little bit.

You usually only wipe to Blood Queen when you don't have the DPS or people die to things they can easily not die to. Only big problem is the second phase 2 when you have to get close to people to bite. This can actually be avoided , or at least only cause it to happen when she is at about 10% health if you have bloodlust/heroism (but of course you don't). Even still, if DPS isn't an issue, then the fight shouldn't be either. Get the best DPS bit first.

As for Putricide, he's less of a DPS race (until 35%) and more of a "don't be stupid" fight. Since you are wiping in phase 3, make sure you push him into phase 3 with no slime pools up, and no oozes. You can do it despite those two happening, but it complicates things a little bit.
    It's more of the don't be stupid aspect I'm sure.

Any suggestions for the easiest way to kill the Oozes quickly in the Putricide fight? By this I mean the quickest/easiest way so we will be able to just get right back onto the boss and dps.

Are you using the stacking strat on Putricide? I.E tank him under the green spigot and only shift in phase 2 when he puts down the yellow vials. This allows melee aoe to kill the slime and damage Putricide. And just kite the orange slimes normal. Only problem that I could see is that druids and shamans rock healing in phase 3 and heroism/bloodlust helps alot.

As for Lanathel, it's all about setting up a bite order and surviving the air phases. That and fast reaction for the people who get linked and fired.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Destil

Any suggestions for the easiest way to kill the Oozes quickly in the Putricide fight? By this I mean the quickest/easiest way so we will be able to just get right back onto the boss and dps.
    you shoot them and have the abomination guy puke on them and hit them if there is no puddle? dont think there is another way, if you wipe at 30% then make sure there is not an experiment spawning or left over for phase 3.

You say you're wiping at 30% on Putricide, which makes me think that you're getting an ooze before the phase transition and then pushing him into P3 despite that. That's no good.
    First off, are you using the fairly-well accepted strat of tanking him on top of where the green ooze spawns? A lot more DPS goes onto the boss this way. All dps just immediately switches to the green ooze, then ranged can finish it off. If your lowest dps is really 7.7k (a very impressive feat on a fight like Putricide, I'd like to see logs of that raid), then you should have no problem killing the green ooze really quickly. In 10man with high dps, you should be easily hitting phase 2 before a second ooze is even spawned. If not, it doesn't really make a big difference. Ranged just switch immediately to the gas cloud when it spawns, then melee once it chooses a target.

During phase 2, just keep tanking him in the same spot, though the tank should move him towards the middle whenever he's going to drop flasks and drop them there, then bring him back to the green ooze spawn spot. HOLD DPS at 38% to kill an ooze that's spawning, and then push him into the phase transition once it's dead.

As for Blood Queen, that's just a 'don't be dumb' fight really. Her last 20% will melt, assuming everybody is alive and the bites went according to plan. Really, if everybody lives and there's no MCs, the fight should pose no problem at all for you. It's just a matter of living.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil

Considering Putricide, going with two healers might really help with the dps race in the last phase.

For the green ooze: stack on one side of it (we usually stack on the tank). That way, the knocbkack is equally distributed between 10 people and you won't get knocked back really far. Just make sure that your tank is positioned so that you don't get knocked back into a slime puddle or something along those lines.

For the orange ooze: have your ranged dps position themselves so that they're as far away from it's spawning point as possibe while still being in range. The second it becomes targetable, nuke it. Melee can go in and nuke once it has chosen a target.

For the third phase, which might be where it's problematic, make sure that casters are spread out so that no one gets any accidental Malleable Goo. In addition, you might want to wait for an ooze to spawn and defeat it before pushing Putricide into phase 3, if you're having problems with oozes in the phase transition. After 35%, it becomes a DPS race. However, with your dps as good as you say, it should not be a particular problem. We usually move Putri in a circle, starting from the right side as you come inside his room. He'll usually be dead by the time he gets to the other side of the room.

As for BQl, it's a bit different. Pretty much everything in this fight is about dps. Make sure to have a very good bite order. The first to get bitten should bite the best or (more likely, as the first is often the best) second best dps. From there, bite the third and fourth dps. After that, the fifth and sixth dps as well as the tanks. This is how we do it. Keep in mind that we 2-heal this fight. Once six dps are bit, we blow Bloodlust and nuke to living hell. We tend to make it easily, even though our overall DPS seems lower than you. But once again, I'd advise going with two healers if your healers can handle it. An extra dps makes a lot more difference than one would imagine.

15+ Year Old Account

You didn't mention specifically what you were having trouble with so ill give you the Coles notes versions of what you can do...

For PP:

Keep the action close to the center with ranged on the far opposite side from where the slimes spawn. DPS must switch asap. It also helps to tank PP near the slime pools so your abomb tank can help dps both the adds and PP. Try to time killing the slime and the transition phases so you don't have an extra slime still up from the previous encounter. Avoid the Malleable Goo at all costs (im pretty sure they mark the spot where it lands now so stay 8-10 yards from that. For Phase 3 bring him to either the table or door and work your way around the room. Make sure tanks communicate and no when to taunt. Raid heals get harder and harder but top priority is keeping the tanks alive. If one dies its a wipe.

For BQL:

Fairly easy. The trick here is setting up a bite rotation ahead of time. Make sure players move in range of who they have to bite before its too late. Set up a meeting spot for the Pact of the Darkfallen (middle of the circle works best). With your healer setup you will want shield all around. I would personally bring a druid healer (since im one ive never done it without one) but im sure 2 priests can keep the raid up with no problems. For the air phase it is essential that people spread out. Use defensive cooldowns for the bloodbolt whirl. Also make sure that both your priests are mass dispelling the fear and have fear ward on themselves to do so.

Good luck!

Deleted

You really want to go 2 healers on both of those fights, theyre easily 2healable if the healers have any clue, and 1 more dps = much smoother kills (and quicker = less healing needed).

My raid is in 12 minutes, and to all of you thank you so much, I'm going to go over the strategies tonight as we go into the fight.

You really want to go 2 healers on both of those fights, theyre easily 2healable if the healers have any clue, and 1 more dps = much smoother kills (and quicker = less healing needed).
    Considering our best healer, who's the Paladin, is the best I've ever seen, I think that might work.

Again, thank you!

You've killed Sindragosa but not lanathel or putricide?

/boggle

/boggle
    Ya I still find that kinda weird..

Putricide is more a control fight - the offtank in the abhomination needs to know exactly what he/she's doing and the dps need to make sure that the oozes/clouds go down asap
    one trouble my group had with that was the adds spawning right before phase change - you need to watch that especially p2-3 change that there is no add up for p3 with no abhomination

queen is such a simple fight its not funny. burnfest with only a couple mechanics which are easily dealt with

Sindragosa is way harder than either of them so WTF??
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yreimer/simple

Standing in fires for mana since TOTC

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom

/boggle
    this

And, our guild for putri do so: grp all stacks in one sine ( the opposite of the slime ), zombie slows it and cleans the floor, b4 p3 every1 stops dps on boss ( like 4-5% b4 p3 starts ) we w8 for slime and we kill it, then we trigger p3, we switch at 3 stacks and dps burn him down standing out of green. Btw if your offtank is so retard that can't slow all the adds, he could also slow only the red one that is the one that does more damage imo.

For queen we just spread every1 nuke her, during air phase every1 spreads ( also tanks if linked ), and so on till she is dead, we call on vent for the bite debuff, kite flames near walls and ppl that are linked and have to run one near each other run both in the middle.

For both we use 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps, higher dps is 6-7k so if your lower dps is really 7k shouldn't be really a problem.

P.S.: our guild is 10/12 in icc10 we still have not killed sindra so...reaaaaaally weird mate :P

Just adding to what others have said, the best dps increase you'll see on PP is by tanking him under the green tank. The abo doesn't have to slow the adds until he sees the targeting cast just being finished to get an extra second of slow if needed. If a melee gets targeted by the gas cloud, if you have the dps, just let him stay on PP and run toward the wall if the add gets close, having a kite route through or toward PP will shorten travel time for melee considerably. For p3, hug slime puddles as much as possible (two puddles right next to each other is better than two on completely separate locations) to make sure you have lots and lots of space, and make sure your ranged dps/healers don't leave too many puddles in the kite path. During p1/2 your abo should have be on top of dps meters (or very closeby) if he's doing it right, and keeping the floor clean at the same time. When p2/3 transition hits the abo can spam his abilities to get an extra suckle before the abo despawns.

For BQL it should boil down to fast reactions to swarming shadows and pact really, the only pointer to give here is to delay first bite, and first bite only, as long as possible to avoid bite time happening during air phases. We usually only get 4 vampires before she's dead and our dps isn't that much higher than yours really. And ofc make sure to align dps cooldowns to heroism which should happen when there's 4 vampires if you're fast, 8 vamps if you're not. One thing that increases dps on her is to have the one getting bitten run to the vampire and not vice versa.

Just as a note for BQL, getting the Shadow Priest bitten first can be a massive help healingwise, if people are somehow dying.

Coincidentally for us our SP is our highest DPS, so he is bitten first and averages 3k HPS over the fight - making it a snoozefest for the 2 healers we bring. We make it with ages left on the Berserk, usually JUST as 8/10 of the raid has been bitten she dies.

Also, there was another thread about Putricide where it was extremely detailed about a strat stacking ont the green ooze - try that, it should work for you.

edit: this thread in particular:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du.../so-putricide/

Have a look for my post in there as well as the video somebody else links. Best of luck!
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...