Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Yogg-0 zerg

I did Zerg it in 10man, with 1 pallytank, 1 holypriest, 1 hunter, 1 warlock, 6 random melees.
    My paladin's armory :
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...anz&gn=Eutopia
    As you can see, 1st Yogg kill on that char = Yogg 0 less than 7 minutes. Really THAT easy in 10man (Tank and healer died around 2-5% of yogg's health).

We then tried it in 25man, well with the same strat (tank piles up adds and dps go all out on the boss), It just didn't work, worked well until 1st beacon, then boom no more tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    In icc gear you should really be able to single brain phase.
    With a more specific comp yes, if you take every complimentary buff into the portals. With a general 'all melee DPS take portals' then it might stretch past it.

Maybe I should have worded it as 'You need to do it in 2 or less phases'. Basically, you need the excess sanity for P3, the more the better.

15+ Year Old Account

This older thread has some good info:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...an-in-icc-gear

Not mathemetically impossible.

I've done it, even in mostly 245-258 gear.

The problem is getting a set-up that can clear P2 properly in 2 brain phases max, otherwise you run out of sanity in P3.

If you can get P1 and 2 to work (hard enough in a PuG), and you can get people doing 8-9k dps on the brain, its doable. Also, Yogg falls over at 2-3%. So 27%, and you really have to get it before the second mark (healing thing) goes out, or your tanks will get roflstomped, with insane people thrown in.

We took 2 tanks, 5 healers and the rest dps, and it was easy enough. As stated, tank the adds away from the raid, have an aoE taunter ready, and armies for the last 5%, and pray to the wow gos you get it with a couple of people left alive ^^

A video from another guild that has done it is on youtube, just can;t find it atm.

My guild actually still sells Ulduar 25 Proto-Drakes each week, about 4-5 a run. We're in HM ICC gear, so the content dies quicker than normal modes did back in 226 gear. This week we actually sold a Mimiron's Head from yogg0 for 150k, with 5 buyers in the raid. We effectively 20man zerg'd yogg0.

Raid comp:

6 Heals:
    2 Holy Paladins
    2 Resto Shamans
    1 Resto Druid
    1 Disc/Holy Priest

1 Tank:
    Overgeared Prot Paladin in nearly full 277 gear

13 DPS:
    2 DPS Warriors (1 in offspec gear)
    4 DK's - 1 blood (tank in offspec gear), 1 frost, 2 Unholy (one in really outdated gear, old raider finishing his meta)
    1 Ret Paladin
    1 Rogue
    2 Mages - 1 Arcane 1 Fire
    1 Ele Shaman
    1 Shadow Priest
    1 Affliction Warlock

Our melee DPS killed the brain after 2 phases, would have done it in one if the first was Icecrown. We started behind Yogg in p3 and lusted after his first Gaze. Once he was around 5% we had all of our death knights use armies, as our Paladin had an enormous amount of adds on him. Was a lot easier than we expected, sold the Head for 150k and 4 drakes for 40k each, each person taking part made 15.5k gold each. Going to be doing it again next week.

EDIT: Forgot to add, we let our 5 buyers die in p1/p2. We pushed him into p3 with everyone having between 40 and 70 sanity on average, we just let some DPS eat a full Gaze during bloodlust for max DPS time, when they were getting low they would turn away when the CD came up or ate the first tick before turning; we had no Mind Controls.

It's certainly possible but I wouldn't advise it if you haven't done the fight before.

Re: 25-man Yogg-0 zerg

i have done this myself.

and we zerged the last phase with ease, tho we're the servers best guild. so we obviously have good tanks, healers and dps. we zerged it, and one-shotted it the first night we attempted the zerg tactic.

we used
    2 tanks
    3 or 4 healers(can't remember)
    and rest dps

we had our heaviest melee & 2 hunters together with a healer going into the portals. and got the Brain down in only 2 entries. (with 4-5 seconds to spare even O.o)

when the brain was down, we immidiatly popped Bloodlust when all was in position to zerg. we had 3 Melee staying on the adds AoE'ing them as much as possible to keep them at lower state of health than 100% to make sure tanks didn't get insta-gipped. And after that it was pretty much just a clean kill

0 got Mind controlled
    2 Died

and that's it!

Death's Demise title ftw!
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.