Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fun alt class for bgs and some arena

Mages & Rogues are fun IMO
    Current Hunter Zones
    (-Melee-)(-deadzone-)(--------------Ranged------------------)

Current Alliance BG'er Zones
    (-ear-)(---deadzone---)(-ear-)

Just a little addition from me.

Never had more fun in bg's as with my shaman as ele. But other classes can provide some fun moments too:

Rogue: sap the shit out of people trying to run across wsg and laugh about the tards who try to find you. (did that ones with a mage, it went like this: sap, insignia, sap2, iceblock, after that he spammed ae until he was oom, that was some free honour right there)

If you often do bg's alone, a healing class would be good. It's often the Healer who can turn a bg around. Seeing how op druids are, this might be just the thing

All of you shoot a problem with a cannon, when all you need to do is add one more paladin and everything's fixed.

Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistreseliza
    All of you shoot a problem with a cannon, when all you need to do is add one more paladin and everything's fixed.

Epic wins are trully epic ;D ;D ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mistreseliza
    Had something like this in 2vs2 once, me as mage + disc-priest against ret + holy-pally, what a nightmare.

I made a rogue specifically for pvp and I love it. The world pvp aspect of it is great and the element of surpise is really fun. Catching people off gaurds and using everything known to man to escape sticking situations fun. It's a really good class if you're looking to strictly pvp.

As a rogue you are viable in all 3 brackets of arena and you can pwn in bgs. You can be a lot more selective of your targets than any other class also. The neat thing about playing a rogue also (if you're any good) is the amount of thinking that is involved if you're not up against a class that's usually facerolled by rogues. Always having a back up plan and an exit strategy is key before entering combat considering were glass cannons.

Another thing I think a lot of people don't take into consideration is the pve aspect even when making a pvp character. If you plan on doing the weeklys and voa you want to atleast know what you are doing and put out decent dps. Rogue rotation is very simple to learn and even though my rogue has average 219-232 gear I can still put out competitve dps in voa (about 6k). Which is about half of what ICC geared rogues do but more than enough for pugged voa.

Side note: I never played a Mage at 80 (mine like 48) but they seem like a lot of fun and I have always wanted one. If you're more for casters and also like the controlling of your enemy aspect of rogues then maybe a Mage would be a good desicion too.

Hope this helped!
    - Mike

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Resto druid. But then again I love healing and running flags in WSG

Frost mage is pretty good but you probably want some PvE gear, mages have more than enough means to avoid damage and escape. Not absolutely needed though, if you're good at PvP you can pretty much kill anything as a frost mage.