Request: T10 Gearing Advice

Armory

This character is an alt, and I am a bit unsure as to how to proceed with my T10 slots. The first piece I got was the 264 leg from vault so I based everything around that. It seems though, that the legs are the weak T10 piece, however, I have seem some solid warlocks (namely diivil from paragon who is Demo) with chest as the offpiece. Is that choice a matter of gear level, spec, or both? I play Demo and Afflic pretty equally, but I would prefer to gear for Afflic. Right now I am sitting on 95 frost and am leaning towards the helm (which is unfortunately a minimal upgrade at best) and hoping for gloves in VoA before I get my next 60 emblems.

Any advice on other gear is appreciated as well. Thanks

Deleted

Re: Request: T10 Gearing Advice

the "weak pieces" of t10 are legs and gloves, just as there is no haste on them.
    I would recommend for you to get the chest next. it will hurt to then replace your helm with t10, esp for demo, but 4pct10 is awesome. As for gloves, the gunship captain's mittens are great and easy to obtain, given luck with the dice.

Generally most locks would go with Head, Shoulders, Chest and Gloves T10, and get Leggings of Woven Death (crafted) for your legs. Alternatively if you need the hit you can get Plaguebringer's Stained Pants (Festergut 25).

Deleted

that list is true, I just factored in that he has the 264t10 pants already and is a twink, so he may want to use the gloves as offpiece. Pants are just the better off piece as t10 are the bigger hit pick up.

Going chest/helm seems like it could work because if I happened to pick up the tier gloves in VoA in the future, I could go ahead and craft the 264 legs for an upgrade. Thanks for the advice. The other option I was considering was helm/gloves and then getting the emblem chest, but that is equally as far down the road and probably worse in the long run. Any other pointers (this is the first caster I have really played), besides my glove socket bonus not being worth it?

Edit: How good is T9 2piece? Worth it to break set only for the 251 tier chest?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by seigfried13
    1)
    Any other pointers (this is the first caster I have really played), besides my glove socket bonus not being worth it?

2)
    Edit: How good is T9 2piece? Worth it to break set only for the 251 tier chest?
    1) I'll go ahead and say, get rid of nibelung for affliction, it really has to proc lucky to be worth it. At least for affliction as it doesn't proc off dot ticks afaik. I even use a 251 sword and 232 offhand over it (both with haste on them). On a dummy I once had more damage with nibelung, but in those 5 min it procced very often, in other tries nibelung and mh/oh were kinda on par, but i like haste and reliability :P. For demo, it will be different i guess.

2) Again, I would say for affliction, t19 robes are better definitely, for demo the 2t9 bonus might be worth it until 4t10. the other thing to think about when you replace the chest will be the 72 hit rating you lose.

I actually use frost needle/scourgelord baton for demo to make up for the loss of suppression, and it works out pretty well. But I do know what you mean about relying on a proc. I am assuming when you said the t9 chest would be better for afflic, you meant t10... which is what I was logically thinking because of the lower reliance on pet damage. I have a bit of leeway with hit in a fully hit buffed raid because of heroic presence, but I will need to come up with about 20 more if I lose the hit on the chest, so I will keep that in mind. Perhaps I can pick up an OH that lacks hit to use with frost needle for afflic to solve the hit problem.