10+ Year Old Account

Just hit 80! (Feral Tank)

Hey guys,

Looking for some expert opinions here...

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...babyj%C3%AAsus

That is my Armory.

I'm wondering how I should gem? I know I need more hit, and expertise so should I throw those into the sockets I have?

Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Just hit 80! (Feral Tank)

If I had his gear I would gem just like that... But I don't... That's why I'm asking for people who know what they are talking about to help.

Posting an Armory of someone who is ridiculously geared doesn't help.

Its the same in either case. Go for +30 stam gems, make your meta the 2% increased armor value..............and those enchants he has are the ones almost every tank has.

It might've helped if you'd posted what sockets you have.

10+ Year Old Account

I posted a link to my Armory... You can see my gear, and what sockets I have on that page.

So basically what you are saying, is to gem stamina, and forget about hit and expertise?

I know that I will be getting better gear as I get more emblems, but should I worry about hit and expertise more, or stamina?

Personally I think more Hit would be better. I think you're sitting at half of what you need, but I could be wrong about that. Expertise is a little low too. But for Heroics and what not I'd like for my tank to have a little more Hit. lol.

Than again, I'm only a Huntard. hehe.

Pyckles/Laughing Skull-PvP/Huntard

This is coming from a full time Feral (Tank) druid here.

Your Expertise is fine for the content you're going through right now, same with your hit. Even if you miss a few hits, it's so irrelevant in HC's.

Your gemming should be mainly +30 Stamina gems, and having one Nightmare's Tear (+10 all stats) to unlock your metagem. The metagem should be Austere Earthsiege Diamond (+32 Stamina and 2% Armor).
    Unless you're going Icecrown Citadel soon, you are also allowed gemming +15 Stamina + +10 Agility gems in red sockets if the socket bonus is worth anything. This is due to Agility being a "worthy" stat to stack outside ICC.
    As seeing you got a +dodge gem, I want you to be aware that 1 agility grants more dodge than 1 dodge rating!

About enchants, go for whatever grants you most Stamina/Agility/Armor. This meaning stamina on bracers, stats on chest, agi/armor on back, stamina on gloves, Boar's Speed on boots. Mongoose is advised as the current best weapon enchant, although Blooddraining may be viable as well.

Your glyphs should be:
    - SI: Survival Instincts. Must have
    - FR: Frenzied Regeneration. Makes your healers love you. Must have
    - Maul/Growl/Mangle. Personal choise here, but I would definetely pick Maul for heroics.

I like your specc, although whenever achieving 4 pieces t10, switch 3 pts in IW -> KotJ.

If there are any more questions, feel free to post them.

~Logitëch @ Nordrassil.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hargi
    This is coming from a full time Feral (Tank) druid here.

Your Expertise is fine for the content you're going through right now, same with your hit. Even if you miss a few hits, it's so irrelevant in HC's.

Your gemming should be mainly +30 Stamina gems, and having one Nightmare's Tear (+10 all stats) to unlock your metagem. The metagem should be Austere Earthsiege Diamond (+32 Stamina and 2% Armor).
    Unless you're going Icecrown Citadel soon, you are also allowed gemming +15 Stamina + +10 Agility gems in red sockets if the socket bonus is worth anything. This is due to Agility being a "worthy" stat to stack outside ICC.
    As seeing you got a +dodge gem, I want you to be aware that 1 agility grants more dodge than 1 dodge rating!

About enchants, go for whatever grants you most Stamina/Agility/Armor. This meaning stamina on bracers, stats on chest, agi/armor on back, stamina on gloves, Boar's Speed on boots. Mongoose is advised as the current best weapon enchant, although Blooddraining may be viable as well.

Your glyphs should be:
    - SI: Survival Instincts. Must have
    - FR: Frenzied Regeneration. Makes your healers love you. Must have
    - Maul/Growl/Mangle. Personal choise here, but I would definetely pick Maul for heroics.

I like your specc, although whenever achieving 4 pieces t10, switch 3 pts in IW -> KotJ.

If there are any more questions, feel free to post them.

~Logitëch @ Nordrassil.
    Thanks a lot for this information.

I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyckles
    Personally I think more Hit would be better. I think you're sitting at half of what you need, but I could be wrong about that. Expertise is a little low too. But for Heroics and what not I'd like for my tank to have a little more Hit. lol.

Than again, I'm only a Huntard. hehe.
    yea.... Gem +30 stamina solid msjaskdow zircons or what ever they are for everything but to activate your meta gem. Look at elitist jerks and theres a guy that rights a blog called the big bear butt blog. great site for Druid tank info. To add to this, i'd say get glyph of maul, Survival and regen. Maul lets your maul hit a second target (random one) its probably the best glyph for druid tanking. Since maul is your highest threat ability it makes it so there is less aoe aggro problems. Still make sure you tab target, maul/swipe.

Have you macro'd maul to everything? Make sure you write macros for all of your abilities and put maul on all of them

/cast maul
    /cast swipe

Ect.

As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Also that idol is worse than the one for Conquest badges. There's also some budget crafted gear that might be worth looking at, LW tank cloak for instance. In general tanking rings are better than dps rings for tanking. Your main barrier right now is your stam pool, as you get better gear your dodge and your dps stats will naturally increase so don't worry about gemming for any of them. Also the problem you will see in pugs will 99% be people seeing your health pool and saying it's too low. All that being said keep an eye out for tank gear with expertise or hit on it, those are your two biggest threat stats so gearing for those a bit is worth it just don't gem them.

I agree with pretty much everything Hargi said except for his advice to pull points out of IW for KOTJ. IW is an absolutely essential part of a feral tank build and you cannot rely on having another tank to keep the slow up on bosses. 15% damage for 10s on a 1 min cd doesn't even come close to the usefulness of IW.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

What IS that trinket??? That is horrid. That was good for a pre-raiding tank trinket 5 years ago, and a still bad one at that for bears. Get the triumph trinket ASAP!!!

Boar's Speed on boots.
    You're aware there was an expansion? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44491 I believe is the enchant you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj
    Don't gem like that. Armour pen gems are a cat dps only thing, they give more threat for a bear but it is not worth gemming. If you must have shared pieces then go Agi not arpen. Also ignore his trinkets and idol they are terrible especially for the content you are in.

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks, everyone for the input!

15+ Year Old Account

yes. no. yes.
    better get that shifting dreadstone to activate that meta. you need 1 red for that. 10agi15stam > 10agi10str10stam.

considering this is pretty much discussed everywhere whether it's good to switch to kotj with 4t10 or not - IF you do it, it's the worst choice to switch that 3 points out of IW. and for god's sake, don't argument that other classes provide that buff as well in your raid so you don't need it - what was the reason then to spec it in the first place? ;-)