Thread: About Expertise

About Expertise

I am wondering just how crucial the expertise cap really is. I am in mostly end game ICC 10/25 gear, which unfortunately is desperately lacking in pieces that have both enough ARP for hardcap and enough expertise to reach cap.

I am currently running with the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47881 as my other trinket next to DBW, and it is replacing a Greatness Deck.

Without the craptastic trinket i sit at 17/17 expertise, but with the trinket I reach Hit, Exp, and ARP cap.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Paulkariya

Re: About Expertise

Expertise is valuable enough to justify changing a 264 ilvl piece of gear or offhand to a 251/258 piece to reach the cap, or gemming(if the ammount of gems needed is low enough). Anymore questions?

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Yup, as Griefel said, expertise AND hit should be always capped asap and after you've capped those things then focus on other stats like arpen, str, etc.
    Exp cap = 6.25% (25-26) and hit cap = 164 (with the 3% from precision) 8%

The way I see it : if you are JUST BELOW exp cap, it's ok. Probably around 22 or so.

If you go under that, chances that one of your super-crit-yellow-strike is dodged cannot be overlooked anymore. Say, if you got 17 expertise but +90 str from Greatness, you'll have 2% chance or so to be dodged (overall damage done loss, rage loss, etc) which turns out actually to be worse than being expertise capped with -90 str from Greatness.

Can someone backup what i said ? cause i'm not 100% sure that iamdoinitrite ;D

Having damaging strikes miss or be dodged is lost damage but not the main problem. More missing/dodged strikes also mean a higher chance to become rage-starved aka lots of damage lost.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

if i were you i would gem for a bit of exp drop that shit trinket and use ur greatness tell u get like deaths choice
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Are

Your T10 legs are a great source of EXP, also if you can get the Skeleton Lords Circle You will be doing pretty well. You can get Capped with 3-4 items, all depending what they are.

badge Cloak, - EXP, ARP pretty nice
    T10 Legs - massive exp
    ICC 10 Boots - http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50788 level 251, but again arp and exp

racials will vary, I'm at 28/23 EXP because of the axe in my MH but it's faily easy to cap out EXP in ICC gear without having end of ICC gear while keeping arp in the high amounts
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Quote Originally Posted by phantom
    Your T10 legs are a great source of EXP
    If he changes painful death for T10,even the 264 version he will exchange arp for exp.
    Then he can change the exp trinket for greatness again, or wfs oder whatever.

Change arp for something else and thus losing the arp hardcap is not worth it.

I looked at your gear and possible items for exchange and i have to tell you, there is not much i could think of.
    In your shoes, i would go for iLevel 264 T10-parts, gatecrashers gauntlets and castlebreakers breastplate. Lana'thel's Chain of Flagellation is another thing that could help. This would increase the amount of arp on gear and adds 2 sockets, so you can gain flexibility in gemming.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Having personally posted Logs about this you can safely go to 21/21. Expertise is WORTH dropping if it means you Arp hard cap. I have been at 21/21 for 2 months now and on average see about a 1% loss in damage in due to not being expertise capped. Now some may think thats alot but weigh in the fact that my total damage done is up 2-3% well worth it at the end of a raid. Personally now I have been able to recap expertise today and now will see what happens when its capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    If he changes painful death for T10,even the 264 version he will exchange arp for exp.
    Then he can change the exp trinket for greatness again, or wfs oder whatever.

Change arp for something else and thus losing the arp hardcap is not worth it.

I looked at your gear and possible items for exchange and i have to tell you, there is not much i could think of.
    In your shoes, i would go for iLevel 264 T10-parts, gatecrashers gauntlets and castlebreakers breastplate. Lana'thel's Chain of Flagellation is another thing that could help. This would increase the amount of arp on gear and adds 2 sockets, so you can gain flexibility in gemming.
    Ya, I had the crafted legs and got my T10 legs this reset. I lost arp overall but gained DPS. While getting the legs I was able to remove 2 exp gems and 2 exp enchants and replace those with arp and ap. If they cant get their 4P, they should get the Badge chest as you said, some more arp + socket then the tier
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

As long as you're attacking from behind 16 expertise is fine. Yes you should aim to get to 26 as soon as possible, but you won't be losing out on a lot of DPS.

For a point of clarity, does the dodge redux of Weapon Mastery in Arms stack with Exp?
    [The class I play] is imbalanced and broken, [The class that counters my class] should be nerfed because it's too OP, but [The class I counter] is fine and just needs to L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by idanian
    For a point of clarity, does the dodge redux of Weapon Mastery in Arms stack with Exp?
    If you are arms with 3/3 Weapon Mastery, your EXP cap is 18, not 26 ( as an orc with an axe/polearm with exp on it ( 251 or higher ) thats pretty much 18 points right there

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    As long as you're attacking from behind 16 expertise is fine. Yes you should aim to get to 26 as soon as possible, but you won't be losing out on a lot of DPS.
    Explain why.