Natures swiftness
    Earthliving
    Tidalforce
    Purge incase needed
    TOTEMS
    TOTEMS
    TOTEMS

Yeah, l2p
    You forgot basic campfire. Srsly, you fail so hard it's not even funny.

Re: Chain heal spam

I am ele-main spec, but recently i have been called to heal, now, i dont just spam cheal aimlessly, i try to use my tidal waves procs for healing waves as much as possible (i.e. when the raid isnt taking large damage), I seem to be out healing our main shaman healer, or at least staying level with him in lesser-t9 vs t10 gear, who focuses more on chain heals, i rate him so its not like lack of skills, but my point being, using all your abilitys correctly will always outweigh spamming chain heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    You forgot basic campfire. Srsly, you fail so hard it's not even funny.
    Just keep mashing that button monkey, the good shaman healers will take care of the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

@OP Your probably one of those "GUYS" who tried to CH the Iceblocks on KT way back then and watching the guy die and going "MY CH IS TO SLOW LOLOLOL." If CH is all your using you should go Ele/Enh or another class.

EDIT: Seems people don't like profanity!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg
    monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuany
    assholes
    Seems we attracted the rougher crowd, swearing will get you nowhere. If you can't contribute something useful, don't bother posting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by op3l
    Oy, I take it you didn't play during TBC? I wasn't in any progression guild or even hardcore raiding guild, but it was fun as hell spamming chain heal on the Hex lord in ZA.

I'm a sucker for connect the dots.
    i found healing as a shaman pretty exciting in sunwell even though we spammed only one spell.

I used to play resto a lot before (now it's more elem ftw), but I also have a holy priest.

It's just not the same.
    I love playing my shaman in resto, but I don't consider I just spam CH mindlessly, even compared to the holy priest gameplay.
    It happens that Chain Heal has no cd, is powerful, VERY powerful, and exceptionally effective in raids. Just like, let's say, the Circle of Healing. Which has a CD.
    Believe me or not, but I think that holy priest would return to the old good CoH spam if the CD was removed from it.
    So, should a CD bu put on CH ? Well, it's complicated, as resto shamans have only a few spells, and only one that can heal multiple targets. Putting a CD on CH would be too much of a nerf: it will just kill the resto shaman in raid.

But that's just my 2 cents...

Well funny discussion, but most people seem to forget that chain heal reduces the cast time of HW by 30%, also Riptide, so normally you would have a rotation like this

Riptide (T10 2c bonus)
    LHW/HW
    Chainheal
    LHW/HW
    Riptide (T10 2c bonus)

Chainheal is only spammed in fights where the raid gets massive amount of damage, and even than it's not a real good playing style. It just shows that someone did not understand what skills a shaman has in his repertoire .

To those who spam ch...

you are just...bad...

I go with about 40% lhw and 30% ch most fights and do 6-7k hps, top meters and am bottom of oh meters. You can fap all you want to topping the healing meteres, but check out OH meters sometime and see how effective your healing really is. Though you do get slightly lucky with ch being a smart heal.

As easy as spamming one button is, and as wonderful as you think it might be, read up on the talents you put points into, half the procs and crits are dependent upon spells other then ch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirork
    Well funny discussion, but most people seem to forget that chain heal reduces the cast time of HW by 30%, also Riptide, so normally you would have a rotation like this

Riptide (T10 2c bonus)
    LHW/HW
    Chainheal
    LHW/HW
    Riptide (T10 2c bonus)

Chainheal is only spammed in fights where the raid gets massive amount of damage, and even than it's not a real good playing style. It just shows that someone did not understand what skills a shaman has in his repertoire .

At least some1 that isn't mashing his ch button all the time. Wile ch spam is the eastest to heal, target some1 slap button , high hps. It isn't the most effective way of healing on most fight's. i see nabs useing ch on a single target wile none else need healing (wile useing frosty emblem totem). Bring back fights where u must manage ur mana/mp5 and use the most effective spell to survive

Jelli, this topic is about using CH in 25 mans, provide me some logs from your raid and I will belive your 40% lhw and 7k hps.