Totem global cooldown question

Hi, Im semi new to shamans but I have a simple question.

When you use the spell that puts down all 4 totems at once is that on a 1 sec global cooldown like when casting the totems 1 at a time by themselves?

Deleted

Re: Totem global cooldown question

It's fairly easy to try.. Simply drop one totem alone first, then drop 4 totems at once..

I am going to answer your question with a question and then give you the correct answer....

WHY WOULD YOU PUT THEM DOWN ONE AT A TIME????

No, the 4 totem drop is 1.5 secs GCD.

My question still remains. You may say "but I am only using 2 or 3 totems really" Well, you can make it to drop 1, 2, 3, or all 4 totems at once. Please use the blessing that Blizzard has given us and be thankfull you do not have to drop them 1 at a time. The 1/2 sec of extra time is more than likely never going to kill you.........EVERY 5 MINUTES (in PVE).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    I am going to answer your question with a question and then give you the correct answer....

My question still remains. You may say "but I am only using 2 or 3 totems really" Well, you can make it to drop 1, 2, 3, or all 4 totems at once. Please use the blessing that Blizzard has given us and be thankfull you do not have to drop them 1 at a time. The 1/2 sec of extra time is more than likely never going to kill you.........EVERY 5 MINUTES (in PVE).

I NEVER SAID I WAS! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW FROM ANOTHER SHAMAN IF THE FOUR TOTEM WAS ALWAYS 1.5 SEC COOLDOWN OR NOT?!?! WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THE FORUMS ONE BIG FUCKING FIGHT TO EVERYONE

edit i so regret making an account on this community with a handful of helpful people in a sea of e-peen strokers .. deleteing it right now

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem

Well if you are refreshing a fire dps totem, earthbind, or grounding totem that expires long before buff totems, you would probably want to drop them one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzle45

I NEVER SAID I WAS! I JUST WANTED TO KNOW FROM ANOTHER SHAMAN IF THE FOUR TOTEM WAS ALWAYS 1.5 SEC COOLDOWN OR NOT?!?! WHY IS EVERYTHING IN THE FORUMS ONE BIG FUCKING FIGHT TO EVERYONE
    He was rude, you being rude back does not help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Blizz should have put totems off the global cd, that way we could have made custom totemmakros that do the same thing, just sayin'.

umm, lol? Nice rage bro. I thought Eyetotem was out of line when he accused you of something you didn't say you did at first, and then I saw your response and well... here this is easier.

www.dramaloot.com

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&cn=Evilgopher

Still no correct answer. The 4 totem drop is on the spell GCD, not on the melee GCD. The spell GCD depends on your haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Butu
    Still no correct answer. The 4 totem drop is on the spell GCD, not on the melee GCD. The spell GCD depends on your haste.
    Shaman do not have this "melee gcd" of which you speak. There is a 1 second GCD after dropping a single totem, there is a 1.5 second GCD after dropping 4 totems. ANY GCD on a shaman is reduced by haste down to the floor of 1 second, yes this includes melee strikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account

Picture made me smile ^^ The guy above me answered the question.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how I was rude. I gave him the answer he was asking for and then I get attacked for asking a question that needed to be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Well if you are refreshing a fire dps totem, earthbind, or grounding totem that expires long before buff totems, you would probably want to drop them one at a time.

If you are PVPing and you are trying to keep down grounding, Earthbind, and Fire Dps totem you could have them all on the same button, it will only drop the ones that are off CD.

You also have 3 different totem sets so having 3 keybinds is not like you do not have a lot of choices.

Also, I know in my resto spec I have 28% spell haste, which means.....

1.5secs
    x(1-.28)
    1.08secs

1 sec is the hardcap on GCD, the human mind, reactions, latency, etc will make it were there is really no way where that 8/100ths of a sec will ever make that huge of a diference. If you think it will then your midi-chlorian count must surpass that of Anakin Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Shaman do not have this "melee gcd" of which you speak. There is a 1 second GCD after dropping a single totem, there is a 1.5 second GCD after dropping 4 totems. ANY GCD on a shaman is reduced by haste down to the floor of 1 second, yes this includes melee strikes.
    False. Stormstrike and Lava Lash have a 1.5 second GCD regardless of haste values.

There are many times you want to bind single totems instead of using a call. Refreshing a fire dps totem (why spend a longer GCD than necessary? It may not be much, but it's still SOMETHING), Grounding in PvP, Stoneclaw Totem in PvP, etc.

Don't get on people's case for being better at shaman than you. If you think there's no reason to ever use a single totem, you are bad.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trellen/simple (Enhancement PvE)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/alamo/simple (Boomkin/Guardian, PvE)

No, I'm not the real Alamo, just a guy who liked his work.