Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Your Worst Noob Moment

I remember back on my original character (a Night Elf rogue) when this guy paid me 5g to sign his guild charter. It was AMAZING to me. The most money I had ever had back then was somewhere in the region of 10s. I rationed it out and everything. That 5g lasted me weeks.

I also remember almost ragequitting when I found out my level 3 rogue couldn't dual-wield. When I saw it in the trainer, I was amazingly happy.

Back when i started my DK, i signed up for one of those 5-DK Ramparts runs as a healer because I thought we could use Death Coil to heal other DKs. We learned otherwise pretty fast.

Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

i leveled to 70 as a holy priest. by myself. took for freakin' ever.

my first warlock i made a soulstone and kept it in my bag and then got mad when it wouldn't bring dead players back to life, i kept clicking on the corpse and the stone saying "I't won't work".

gotta say spamming `````````` instead of 11111111 and wonderin wtf my dps is suckin
    Tycat was here

When i was leveling my character (druid) i went to deadmines in a pug and at the time i didn't know what dps or tanking meant so all i did was damage people and heal the tank when needed, sure not that noobish imo but still i can't really remember any other time.

After switching from Alliance to Horde. UC Elevator. It killed me. Multiple times. On multiple characters. Sometimes more then once per character. Infact it still kills me. So I don't go to UC on any of my characters. I have a Hunter who is stuck there because I don't wanna risk entering the elevator room.

10+ Year Old Account

The first week i played wow i leveled a belf and i didn't know that there were flight paths....
    I have runned from SMC to Tranquilen a couple of times :-[
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

you mean a newb, a noob is a retard who doesn't learn, anyway
    honestly dont recall, except taking like 3 months to level up and taking TONS of screenshots, and spending days inside crystal cavern just because it was beautiful...
    buuuut thats more to do with innocence then newbiness... i always have this obsession of learning as fast as i can so my newby time is rather short
    "I think some of our best class designs come out when a mediocre player can get X performance out of the class with a simple rotation, but an exceptional players can coax slightly > X damage by doing a more complex rotation." - Ghostcrawler
    Its official, there is no skill in wow nor is it designed to require it, stop wasting time reading/making guides and just face-roll, you will just do "slightly" less dps.

couple memories that stand out...

rolling need on cookie's +stam rolling pin as a priest (my first char). someone called me out on it and i remember something to the effect of "its better then what i have" as my response. (in my defense i really did do a lot of melee'ing while questing simply due to running out of mana a lot)

i remember the first time i got a shadowgem off a copper vein, my friend and i were ecstatic "omg... those sell for like a WHOLE gold piece. we're rich !"

and then 'playing the market' by buying up 'cheap' copper and tin, and smelting them to resell as bronze bars. for a whole whopping 1g profit. i remember sending my friend mails to tell him to go mine tin cuz 'its selling for a lot today'.

up until 70 is kinda a foggy blur... but i remember sometime after that i started to do my first research into shadowpriests, and discovered that this "+hit" stat was something i might want to get some of.

...I love this thread.
    My turn to show how noobish i was ^^.
    Like 4 years ago,i started my first character,a night elf priest,ofc i wasnt having any ideea about the game ^^.I think until lvl 20~ i thought that armor was the main stat for me,so i was getting gear according to it,even if my cousin shouted at me for replacing the greens he made with greys ;D.

On the same priest,i was having other noobish experiences,ofc,including needing on EVERY green that was dropping in dungeons.Reason? Needed them for AH .
    And ofc,i had no freaking ideea wtf a healer was,one day i heared my cousin saying : Meh,you can't lvl too easy past lvl 30 with this healing specc,go shadow.So i was like : Oo?! Healing specc? Means I'm a healer? Wow! Let's try healing out then.And I did it.Ofc didn't turn out well..I was just running around renewing people and screaming at them do to something because my HP was lowering ;D.

Later,i gathered some wow experience,and ofc deleted that priest and made the druid I am still playing today.
    I have had many noobish experiences on this...Let's see if i can remember some..Oooh ye...
    Until lvl 20 or 30 when my cousin told me,I had no freaking ideea that Bear is for tanking an Cat for dps ^^"...You can imagine what happened...;D..
    When I dinged 70,I ofc went resto...I was a pretty ok healer but I wasnt really using lifebloom and rejuvenation too much..Regrowth spamm anyone?Until i joined this t6 guild and they taught me how to heal properly..lol

Another noob moment is when i respecced balance,I had no ideea what a rotation was,I was just spamming random spells and was wondering wtf is wrong with my dps and why it is so low xD
    Similar case when i went feral for tanking...I was going after strenght/defense rating ;D

But don't worry guys ^^ I'm not like that..Anymore..lol..

my worst noob moment ever was when I made my first char EVER on US open beta. I was lvl 15 or some, and I was a mage. I managed to throw away my hotkey 1 which was auto attack, I didnt really know how to attack otherwise, so I asked in general chat: "How do I get my attack back? I throwed it away". Someone explained to me that I could check up my spellbook, and thats how I got mass spells and new spell ranks, rofl