Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vote to Kick only requires 3 votes?

Had the absolute worst random dungeon experience earlier...in short I was placed with 3 kids from the same realm all using caps in chat and by the end of the dungeon I had the rogue tricksing me, the healer, on 2 pulls while his buddy tank was afk. Anyways, the DK and I were the odd ones out but we were the only ones actually trying to finish the dungeon. After the wipe caused by the rogue, I complained and figured I would be booted, but instead I got the popup that someone wanted to kick the innocent DK. I immediately click NO, and he immediately gets kicked. How??

Three votes for and one against now qualifies as a valid kick? This is news to me and I've likely run ~300 randoms across my chars. Is this a change since last Tuesday? I can't find anything in the notes about it. Also, it occurred that maybe since the other 3 guys were from the same realm and queued together that they could overrule my vote. Anyone know what this is about?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Vote to Kick only requires 3 votes?

It's always been this way. I've had cases where I vote no or still have the box open and the person gets removed from the group. That's the danger of running into guilded people -- it's so easy for them to screw with you.

3 votes to kick is 75% of people voting to kick that person. I'd say that's more than enough.

When I see 3 people from the same guild being dicks, I bail. Because they will do EXACTLY what just happened. If they're real pricks I make sure they die when I bail.

majority rules, proper democracy ;D

I guess it's the first time I noticed that it takes 3 votes then. Good suggestions about the guild-runs.

I did get my vengeance by holding them up after the DK was kicked, thinking that they wouldn't be able to kick another. And after the rogue tricksed me a 2nd time, I ran back to Ymiron and turned boomkin and attacked/left party for revenge.

I had 3 assjacks kick me right before the final boss in a heroic. There was another person from my realm in the random as well and apparently I got kicked because my guild wasn't as good as the other persons.

15+ Year Old Account

Oh yeah, I never thought about the fact that all it takes is a majority vote. I just assumed that it took four votes to kick the fifth person. There have been a couple of times that the option has come up and I've clicked "no" because I knew it was simply malicious and had no real basis; and the person stayed in the group. That's why I thought a votekick had to be unanimous. Obviously not!
    For the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    majority rules, proper democracy ;D
    indeed

to op: 3/4 people is majority
    even if the person being kicked could vote (obvi he would say no) that's still 3/5 which is still majority.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathazar
    indeed

to op: 3/4 people is majority
    even if the person being kicked could vote (obvi he would say no) that's still 3/5 which is still majority.
    I dunno, there are times were I'd like to get votekicked to avoid some terribads and would vote yes so I could get out without the debuff.

I generally just do my job and don't really get kicked.

Don't you just love democracy ...

Always been this way. We've had this discussion before.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

I would vote to kick you too, but only if I saw your avatar there. Man, that thing kinda makes me really really angry and I don't know why...

I think I need a time out.
    Is this where the header goes?

slow on the update bra, always been that way. majority vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert
    I would vote to kick you too, but only if I saw your avatar there. Man, that thing kinda makes me really really angry and I don't know why...

I think I need a time out.
    Maybe because it's 54 times the allowed size? (Had to change mine, as it was 11 kB and only 10 kB are allowed... still slightly pissed, but oh well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    Maybe because it's 54 times the allowed size? (Had to change mine, as it was 11 kB and only 10 kB are allowed... still slightly pissed, but oh well.)
    that's why there's a report to moderator link.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoa
    that's why there's a report to moderator link.
    What makes you think I didn't report it?

15+ Year Old Account

Calm yourselves; the giant avatar of anger has been removed.

me want 5 votes.

Only thing you can do is bail or get kicked, then report them for harassment.
    WTB some intelligent-none-asshat-person-override system.