Possible Spell Reflect bug

I was doing some random bg's and a few arenas today and i noticed sumthing when fighting ele shammys. whenever i popped spell reflect macro on a lava burst, the lava burst still hit me and seemed unaffected by the spell reflect. it didnt remove the spell reflect from my buff bar. i was a little confused so i got my friend who has a loc dk and ele shammy to try different spells on me and all spells from all 3 classes except the lava burst were reflected. the only time i was able to reflect a lava burst was when he was naked.

any thoughts?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmv2eAESfM
    All I gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You don´t like getting people with new gear don´t pug simple as that - and don´t gripe about it afterwards then your the retard.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Possible Spell Reflect bug

a screenshot of the combat log would probably help your case, also, i would report it on the official blizz forums as it will probably get the proper attention there
    If your only question is what is the destination, you need to think more about the journey.

i could of sworn i had the same problem.

i dont recall ever having that problem, but then again it's been a while since i've fought an ele shaman

Deleted

I ninja reflected a lavaburst in arena on saturday, killed the shaman that casted it and saved me.

That being said, remember that lavaburst is such a short cast (maybe even shit to make it instant, I dunno about shamans) and that spellreflect needs to be up the moment it's cast, not when it reaches you.

But sure there may be some bug, and lavaburst was fiddled with this patch so it's, hell, even probable.

It works for me, What sort of latency do you play with on average? - Hitting it as soon as a flameshock goes up is generally how I get away with it.

Half man, Half amazin'.

Always hit the sell reflect macro right when the flame shock went up, nothing had any effect anywhere unless the shammy was naked. I did do some duels with my friend in a completly controlled situation so hitting it in time wasn't an issue. No otherspell he could throw at me went through the spell reflect on any of his chars either so...

Think Ima go talk with them blizz peeps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmv2eAESfM
    All I gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    So you say that Blizzard *did* promise player housing?
    By all means, show me a post to back this up. Go ahead, proof me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    You don´t like getting people with new gear don´t pug simple as that - and don´t gripe about it afterwards then your the retard.

Maybe he cancelled your spellreflect with Wind shear, but for that he must interrupt his lvb and recast it.

Deleted

Just checked, both versus resto, enhancement and elemental, and I can spellreflect the lavaburst.

LOL it sometimes is a matter of RNG. I duel a shammy buddy all the time and sometimes I try to spell reflect a lave burst BUT one of his totems casts at me a split second before the lava burst. so the totem was reflected and I have to eat the lava burst. it happens, just deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Stutter
    LOL it sometimes is a matter of RNG. I duel a shammy buddy all the time and sometimes I try to spell reflect a lave burst BUT one of his totems casts at me a split second before the lava burst. so the totem was reflected and I have to eat the lava burst. it happens, just deal with it
    He said Spell Reflect was still on his buff bar, so this wouldn't be the case.

Speaking of shaman, it's fun when I wind shear a cyclone, and I still get cycloned, while my grounding totem still sits quietly by my side, mocking me by merely existing instead of absorbing cyclone.

Latency. It's powerful.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Cathercy
    He said Spell Reflect was still on his buff bar, so this wouldn't be the case.
    Which is why a screenshot of his combat log could help.

You're just doing it too slow ><

I can't replicate this bug, so I'm gonna chaulk this up to your connection, unless you can provde a timestamped SS of the shamans and your combat log.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org