Lich King 10 man

We are currently fighting the Lich King and seem to be struggling with killing the delightful Valks.

Our 10 man set up is.

Prot Warrior (MT)
    Frost DK (OT)
    Resto Shammy
    Resto Druid
    Disc or Holy Priest
    Ret Paladin
    Feral Druid
    Destro Lock
    Marksman Hunter
    Marksman Hunter.

At current we are working on Holy Wrath to stun them straight away, then a macro’d Chains of Ice to put a slow effect on them. However when they get to the side we are finding they still have circa 150k health left.

Any help on what we can do to kill them?

Deleted

Re: Lich King 10 man

Let your paladin start off with Hammer of the rigteous (longest stun) and make a hunter put a frost trap down to slow the valk, before it spawns (IE. set the trap on LK, when everyone is stacked on him) the paladin can use holy wrath after hammer.

Deleted

There's only one valk on 10m per valk drop right? You must be doing something terribly wrong if it's not going down. Are all dpsers switching to it? Do your raid group up at the lich king as far to the middle as possible? frost traps, earth binds, stuns etc should be enough, it shouldn't reach much more than halfway really.

Also, locks can use their portal if setup somewhere near the edge when they're dropped to port back up. A really pro hunter can turn and disengage back up aswell, but it's quite hard to time it.

Idk if you guys do this already..but we usually all stack up on arthas' butt, in the middle of the platform, and me (the holy pally, but any pally can do it) stuns the valk the first time. Then..usually our prot war is running around free, and he stuns it a good 2 or 3 times more. Works very well. Make sure ALL the dps are switching.

I know the dps reqs are rather high, but well, you got there so it should be enuff.
    On our kill I (DK Offtank) was the only one throwing chains on the Valks, just had to time it a bit when to re-apply, just time it so you have half the CD on your frostrune to spare, that way it ll never speed up too much

Never start with Holy Warth unless you have nothing else to stun with. The diminishing returns will cause more problems.

Open with an instant stun from your warrior or Ret pala, chains of ice are a great help. Also, while the first stun is in place your feral druid can build combo points ready to maim (he should make sure he almost full energy when the valk picks someone up). By the time maim wears off it should be almost dead.

10+ Year Old Account

Either you spawning Valkyrs near the edge
    Either your DPS is just not enough to burn them down
    Either you don't use proper stuns, with warrior,2 hunters and a paladin i think you should try hard to make it happen though :P

Btw you're gonna have some problems at P3 with this setup and the vile spirits.

Most people have already stated what I would try but in summery...

1. Frost trap in the middle of room.
    2. When the val timer is coming up (5 secs or so) get the raid to collapse in the middle.
    -Pay attention to the defile CD as sometimes they sometimes overlap. In the case Defile is just before the valks loosely spread out.

3. For memory the timer is 30-50 secs on valks.
    1st Valk=Hoj(6 secs), followed by shockwave(4secs) then Holy wraith.
    2nd Valk=Con Blow(5secs), shockwave(4 secs), then Holy wraith.

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    Either you spawning Valkyrs near the edge
    Either your DPS is just not enough to burn them down
    Either you don't use proper stuns, with warrior,2 hunters and a paladin i think you should try hard to make it happen though :P

Btw you're gonna have some problems at P3 with this setup and the vile spirits.
    I think the destro lock will be actually going in as an affliction lock for the vile spirits.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Definetely make sure your hunters are putting frost trap down. Thats at least 50%. And pretty much what the above said.

"Fate has made us enemies...But this ring will make us brothers." -Gravemind to the Master Chief and the Arbiter, (Halo 2)
    "Were it so easy" -The Arbiter (Halo 2,3)
    "That is the worst grenade throw ever, of all time" -Agent Washington (RedvsBlue, season 6)
    <3 Caboose