Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Why don't we grow

Reroll Orc, get some teenager haricut (like a black/Purple mohawk w/e) go be hardcore, swing your sword (gotta be warrior amg) and then eventually start getting more mature haircuts and once you reach 80 get some long white/gray hair, and viola... you're now at the age of 80
    [23:35:54] [B] [80:Fetølboks-Dea:5]: stop running into die

[21:12:45] [G] [13:Warriorelfo]: Troll is a horde and cant be in a alliance guild

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that a level is supposed to be "1 season of experience" or something like that, so lvl 80 would be 20 years from when you started. /shrug I would like more features to be customizable, like weight/height. Nothing too big.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Fuggle
    I thought I remember seeing somewhere that a level is supposed to be "1 season of experience" or something like that, so lvl 80 would be 20 years from when you started. /shrug I would like more features to be customizable, like weight/height. Nothing too big.
    Don't read things on wierd sites.

OP, only 4 years passed since Vanilla WoW and many of the races have the lifespan of centuries (millenias in case of the Draenei).

Deleted

I want to be as tall as tirion.. but a cow-tirion.

IN FACT, I wanna be a bigger, taller, fatter moonkin.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    I dont think level = age.
    Level is experiance, when you start out you start out as a fully grown person, a new "hero".
    You quest and do missions to earn experiance on the battlefield and make a reputation for yourself,
    by the time you're level 80 you get speeches like "Thank God you're here, heroes!" since you've become someone.

Leveling doesn't necessarily mean you're aging =P
    or if your horde and enter grizzley hills its "i dont care who you are"

Imagine you got a girlfriend.
    We all know how sensitive woman is to aging.
    Think about how much would you have to suffer every time she'd level up.
    The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think - Edwin Schlossberg.
    Conversational Wizard.

15+ Year Old Account

1. Just because you grow as a person (mindset, morals, job experience) in real life does not mean you grow physically. So the same should not be true for your in game character who is a full fledged adult when you start them.

2. another thing is there would be armor mistakes, graphical errors, it would be a lot of work to make it work and a lot of unneeded information passing between the systems. For instance I'm sure the equation looks something like if the race is GNOME then size will be 10. Or something to that effect. If they made it more complex IE: if race is GNOME and level 1 then size will be 4. Then you have more room for error and its a lot more work for all the races. I rather designers work on improvement of a system not a complication of a system.

3. Pets work with growth because there are different sizes of all monsters in wow currently. It works because the complexity for that is in existence and pets don't wear armor and have limited graphics. It works for lower complexity structures.

oh and bigger body doesn't mean bigger boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaefaerie
    oh and bigger body doesn't mean bigger boobs.
    Well you are wrong on this one
    bigger = bigger boobs but the proportions stay same.

And well if you need an indicator to show someones level, then look at those people, somehow it is the gear that defines you, and low level gear kinda looks low levelish somehow. At least i think that i can pinpoint a level 40 guy within lvl 80 guys.
    And if you need realism this is the wrong end to start, you would be shocked that not every mob drops his head. And since you are a gnome, killing a mammoth would mean 2 years of free buffood for you and your family, but instead theres just a chance to get enough for 1 portion.

Like in real life, try to have fun with what you have.

why don't we get smaller? Hell, in you think about it, gnomes are short and fat, dwarves are short and fat. You'd think that with all the adventures they go on, they'd actually lose some of that beer gut body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    I actually kindof like this. Something like a very 'minor' size difference from level 1 to the level cap - very minor, the sort you would only actually notice if a level 1 and a level 80 were standing next to each other, but would be very hard to notice if they were separate - that would just kindof be reflecting the 'larger than life' fantasy that surrounds most heroic characters.

THIS IS ALL I WANT IS A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE...just to say hey im bigger than you !

Maybe not having everyone grow.. but the option to change your height/weight would be awesome.
    Seriously we all look the same as others in our race. Need more customization go!

Because from level 1-80 it only took a few days.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

you don't start as a child, your are just not a perfectly trained member of your class which represents your ep and talentpoints you gain, age doesnt matter

It appears to work this way with NPCs already. Have you taken a look at Jaina in HoR? WTF kind of steroids is she taking? My Draenei characters still look like gnomes compared to her.

Hey dude

In my email box I receive a lot of grow your P**** mails. Want me to send them to you?
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by TrollBasher
    My avatar is a BE, wich happens to be inbmortal and doesnt show signs of time past by, just grow to full adultness, and STAYS like that forever.
    Just being a loretard here and stating you're not immortal, you can just grow relatively old. Night Elves got immortal from dragons' blessings being placed upon them via Nordrassil until it fell during the third war. High/Blood Elves were long since "expelled" from that power, and the Sunwell only gave them a very long life, not an everlasting.
    Still, if that system someone spoke about earlier would be put in the game, you'd pretty much be immortal since no real-life human being can live long enough to see a blood elf age, even by that scale...

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    according to the WoW time-line, only 3 years passed from Vanilla to Lich King, so if you assume you start out at age 25, I dont think you grow much age 25-28 for example :P
    seven years

Levels are not equal to age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!