Deleted

Im doing it wrong..

Hello guys, so i got a paladin who have JC+Alch, and a priest who have JC+Mining, but it seems i can't make the "tooons" of gold with JC..on my realm if i start to buy uncut gems, and then cut/sell them, ill get a 5-7g profit/gem. Im doing JC daily on both chars, on priest i sold the Dragon's eye, but on pala i keep my tokens, i make ICy prism on both of them. My paly is also a transmute master, but i see proc's rarely... and in most cases i keep the gems for me..So is there anything what i should do..? Currently im leveling cooking+fishing. Maybe swap mining for herb on my priest..? But im kinda too lazy and dont got a lot of time to farm.

Is there any tips and things which im missing, and i can do...so atleast i can make 500g/day or smth like that..?

Cheers.

Re: Im doing it wrong..

I cannot speak entirely from experience, but I am in the process of levelling a druid with both mining and herbalism from the farming point of view.
    Limited time for farming as you describe, could potentially be most efficient if you have one character farming more than one type material at a time.
    I believe there was a macro to repatedly switch between two tracking on a regular interval, or perhaps might be more reliable on a keybind.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

get engineering instead of JC on your priest, farm for 1 hour in sholozar. Turn saronite into bars, sell titanium ore, turn saronite bars into titanium with x-mute mastery on your alchemist, make titansteel, sell it.

In 1 hour you SHOULD be able to get...

~ 1 stack of titanium ore
    ~ 20 stacks of saronite ore
    ~ 10 eternal earth, shadow, fire (engineering)

Total value: about 1200g per hour.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by GodTier
    get engineering instead of JC on your priest, farm for 1 hour in sholozar. Turn saronite into bars, sell titanium ore, turn saronite bars into titanium with x-mute mastery on your alchemist, make titansteel, sell it.

You must have the good fortune of running on a server free of gold farmers. You'd be lucky to get a quarter of those numbers per hour on my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruk
    You must have the good fortune of running on a server free of gold farmers. You'd be lucky to get a quarter of those numbers per hour on my server.
    same on my server, be very lucky to get that amount

"I once laughed so hard. I milked all over the floor."

Mooie <Angelic Outkasts> - EU-Dragonblight

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by GodTier

Last night around 04:00 AM, i tried to farm... for 1 hour i dont get 20% of what you said.. ;/ Its not that i dont like to farm, i do, but making circle for hours and don't have anything its annoying.

Also got already maxed Cooking+Fishing. I farmed mats for around 140-150 Fish feasts, but tomorow i'll get the 5th token to buy the recipe, so i'll see how it goes with selling fishfeast. But i farmed mats for 100 feast for ~1h, if i can sell them ~10g/ea, that around 1k For 1hour, which is good..? I think xD

Also im thinking, is there any point to switch Alch for Enchanting? But im raiding tho, and with alch, and nerfed prices on frost lotus, raiding comes at almost no cost at all.

The real money in JC is not from cutting gems. Its still from buying saronite ore (which is normally cheap) and prospecting ore. Even in the days of readily available epic gems you can still sell rare red gems for 100+ gold (140-150g if cut).
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    The real money in JC is not from cutting gems. Its still from buying saronite ore (which is normally cheap) and prospecting ore. Even in the days of readily available epic gems you can still sell rare red gems for 100+ gold (140-150g if cut).

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=36918 - 40-45g or my realm, others are less then 9g.. :-X :-\

10+ Year Old Account

I would like to add that you should buy saronite ore around 15g pr 20, prospect as you said. Buy a couple of eternal earth, turn them into crystallized earth and make these. Requires you to disenchant them afterwards ofcourse, so try find a friendly enchanter if you dont have it yourself.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42336
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43245
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43244
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42337

Disenchanting these grant you pretty large numbers of dust or essence, which sell all the time. Not by too much, but usually for more than crystallized earth and a green gem together anyway.

Even greater profit if you mine yourself, obviously.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=36918 - 40-45g or my realm, others are less then 9g..
    yeh usually right, but hey aslong the money you earn is above vendor price you should be happy :P

Deleted

Ok thanks guys, i'll try this advices. Also as i ask before, is it worthed to drop alch and pick up Enchanting???

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    This is what I do (though reds are going for 70g yellow/blue for 20-30 and the rest for 10-15 but hey saronite is so cheap I make 1000 gold per day from doing this.Also save your bloodstone/chalcedony at around 2-3stacks and go buy 3 stacks of eternal air at/or under 20g each.Make the skyflares (preferably a friend alchemist will transmute them its off cd) cut them into Destructive Skyflare diamonds (21crit+3%crit) sell them for around 30g profit each (its usually 50-70g on my server -5for the bloodstone and chalcedony -16 for the eternal and you are selling them for the extraordinary ammount of 30-50g profit each).Though thats a dif market and you must not overflood it,put 3-4 each time and maybe 5-6 at wednesday and thursday (due to raid resets).That along with the jc daily gives me around 1000-2000g/day depends on the day (see raidresets) and the outbiders.