Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How to Opt-In for the Cataclysm Beta!

Cheers MushroomBomb!

I had always thought that Beta-Opt Preferences thing was linked to Starcraft only since it was next to the little SC2 icon so I didnt bother clicking it. :-\
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

If i sigh up for beta and get beta key will I be able to play public game? Or i can forget it untilCata goes live? And do you need to pay subscription for beta game?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by markos82
    If i sigh up for beta and get beta key will I be able to play public game? Or i can forget it untilCata goes live? And do you need to pay subscription for beta game?
    You will still be able to play normally on the public servers. The beta will run on it's own servers, of course, and you will need to download the Beta-Client which is separate from your normal WoW installation. It's pretty much like when you download and play on the Public Test Realms.

You need to pay your normal subscription fees, but nothing extra for the beta.

thanks for replay, ill signup tomorrow when i wake up

If i get the key Yeah, have this account since 30/04/05

10+ Year Old Account

My cpu is absolute shite, so maybe they will choose me to see how the new water effects crappy computing units lol. One can only hope
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Just so i dont miss it, how the heck do you see if you got invited for beta testing? xO

Quote Originally Posted by Djävul
    Just so i dont miss it, how the heck do you see if you got invited for beta testing? xO
    You'll get an e-mail. It'll also show up on your Battle.Net account.

cheers for the info, and i apologise for the topic i made asking this...i actually saw this topic straight after i posted that one and well when i went back to delete/write i saw this...you had already locked it and told me to come here.

Thanks for the info bro

Lols x5 accounts here fully upgraded to wotlk From multiboxing.Clean i hope.

Eh, does a temporary ban on the official fourms count as getting in trouble? :-\

Yup yup.. just checked off Starcraft and Cata.

Either or would be cool. I want to test the new Zerg in SCII. <3

Thank you for making this guide :P gonna go Opt-In for Cataclysm right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Wixer
    Eh, does a temporary ban on the official fourms count as getting in trouble? :-\
    I hope not

dont think it has to be completely clean, my friend has gotten a fair few 3 hr bans and he got a beta key for wotlk. Maybe just the serious 72 hr bans?

Got a 3hr ban just weeks before getting my beta key no, you account doesn't have to be clean.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I got a 3 day ban for bad jokes in trade chat last year. Is that "bad"?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Tbh I'm only opted into the Beta to sell the key for vast amounts of money, I got into WotLK Beta and, to be completely honest it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, there were no surprises when it was released, I knew what all the zones looked like, had played a Death Knight through the starting zone and at 80, took away most of the thrill of Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia
    Tbh I'm only opted into the Beta to sell the key for vast amounts of money, I got into WotLK Beta and, to be completely honest it wasn't all it was cracked up to be, there were no surprises when it was released, I knew what all the zones looked like, had played a Death Knight through the starting zone and at 80, took away most of the thrill of Northrend.
    From my understanding, these beta keys are directly linked to your Battle.Net account. Unless you sell that, I don't think you can sell the key.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    From my understanding, these beta keys are directly linked to your Battle.Net account. Unless you sell that, I don't think you can sell the key.
    Oh, well I guess that makes sense, I just remember how lots of people were selling WotLK beta keys but of course Battle.net wasn't around until about half way through the beta.

10+ Year Old Account

one question tough: How do you know that you're picked for a Beta?
    Forget everything you know about everything.