Leveling through battlegrounds

Heya. I'm leveling a rogue so we'll have an on demand melee DPS (our guild is pretty caster heavy) as well as another frost badge mule. I quested till my eyes bleed till 58, ran into outlands and proceeded to get slaughtered allot. I decided on a whim this weekend to go into a battleground, and though to do AV because, hey, it was the weekend battleground. We actually won it (who would have thought it, horde never wins av!) and to my suprise, I walked out with about 5 bars of XP. Half a bar or so from downing bal, half from killing people, and about 4 bars from wining after killing Vann. I kept this up most of the weekend and within 2 days was to 70, where I am now.

I seem to be getting allot less XP now from AV, though. I don't know if it's because I'm 70 and therefore at the top of the level bracket, or if it was because it's no longer the call to arms. So that raised the question...

Does the call to arms give extra XP? Does being at the top of your level bracket also down your XP?

Lastly, from 70-80, would I be better off questing, or using BG's to level? If BG's is the optimal way to go, which ones usually give the most Xp/hour? I found WSG is NOT the way to go, as most every one I've entered ends by timer, and we usually lose. I know you get extra xp from flag capping, but rogues don't necessarily make the best flag carriers. After your cloak/sprint/evasion is blown, you're screwed.

Also, is a mix a good way to go? I noticed that during 60/70 I hardly did 20 quests, so I had all lvl 40-60 gear up to lvl 70 ><.

Thanks in advance for the advice, I never have really PvP'd before 80 on any of my other toons. Thanks.

Re: Leveling through battlegrounds

BG's will take longer, but if you want to pvp at 80, you gonna need the honour anyway.
    If your gear sucks, just get something craftet OR do atleast borean thundra, one zone should give you at least one new item per slot.
    Get the craftet blue lvl 78 pvp-gear and throw some enchants on it, this is the best gear you can get at this lvl and it will boost your stats greatly.

As far as i know, call to arms does not affect the exp you get, but i could be wrong on that.