10+ Year Old Account

Tanking and Masteries

We all know that Cataclysm will intoduce the mastery system which will improve upon a character the more points they put into a spec. But, what about tanks? Warriors and Paladins both have a set tanking tree so those masteries will probably be like armor, avoidance, etc. But what about Druids and DKs who both have dps viability in the same trees as tanking. If they are dps focused, tanks lose out and if they are tanking focused, dps lose out. Was wondering if anyone hase any ideas on how Blizz will work around this?

Re: Tanking and Masteries

i would imagine blizz employing something like designating talents within a tree as tanking and dps talents
    so if youve specced into more dps talents = dps mastery
    more of the tanking talents chosen? = tanking mastery

just a theory.

im too lazy to link but Blizz has said, regarding the druids, the mastery bonus will look like "Bear Form: Bonus X" and "Cat Form: Bonus X". though whether that applies to all three bonuses or not I've no idea. i imagine DKs will get something similar through using the appropriate Presence.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingspam
    im too lazy to link but Blizz has said, regarding the druids, the mastery bonus will look like "Bear Form: Bonus X" and "Cat Form: Bonus X". though whether that applies to all three bonuses or not I've no idea. i imagine DKs will get something similar through using the appropriate Presence.
    This is correct. The current plan is that Druid Feral tree masteries will have two effects, one for Cat Form and one for Bear/Dire Bear form. For example: "Cat Form: Increases Attack Power by _% - Bear Form: Increases Stamina by _%."

They also said they have something different in mind for Death Knights and thus are not ready to reveal such things at this time.