Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Shaman Vs. Druid PvE

Okay i replaced some mp5 + haste gems for 23 sp. Now my meta gem isnt active. I replaced also the talisman trinket with the abyssl rune or something. Before i did this all, i hitted 8k on a dummy. Now hardly 5k?!

I use quardz, im spamming LB all the time. Use my cd's on the right time and stuff.. And im keeping CL out of my rotation.

Deleted

If you are going to say things like moonkins are op, check WOL and other sites like that to back up your points. For example Moonkins are so much more OP then elemental shamans here are a selection of WOL from players in simaler raiding enviroments with a close gear level. Use a large sample as we all know gear =/= skill.
    Theres plently of guides and a stickied FAQ on this forum for questions about rotations and other related elemental questions.
    Not locking this (yet), but posts like "LOL YOUR BAD GET MOAR SKILL" will earn you a ban.

on a sidenote, it´s ridiculous how much some casters whine about one or two movement heavy encounters for casters, whereas melee have it much worse most of the time.

marrowgar: bonestorming away from melees, melees have to also avoid the fire while chasing him while he´s storming, and when a player is impaled ( often enough it´s a caster hunter who likes to stand alone at the other side of the room ) we often enough have to walk a nice amount to reach him, break him free and walk back to the boss.

deathwhisper: casters do a little turn and hit the tab button to switch targets, melee have to run between adds and deathwhisper and have to run out of death and decays

gunship-fight: melees have to jump between ships, use the cannons or aoe the mobs on the horde ship. casters simply dps the hostile mobs on the enemy ship and use a channeld aoe or two vs the mobs on the horde ship.

saurfang: the first really melee friendly, and also caster unfriendly boss. melee simply dmg blast the whole fight, casters have to kite blood beast now and then.

rotface: through his spitting both melee/caster have to move, with both having more or less of a dps loss depending on spec. nontheless not that much of a dps loss. melee however lose much more dps while having the debuff, as casters have, which are able to dps the boss while kiting the slime. and during the time the slime explodes, melee again lose more dps in comparison with a caster, as you will have to move out of the middle, away from the boss ( unless you play smart and run in the same direction as the tank )

festergut: both melee and casterfriendly: sometimes you have to move, otherwise you blast non-stop.

professor: for me as an enhancement shaman, this encounter is a pure nightmare. for other melees, it´s not quite that annoying, but all melee lose quite some time whenever they have to switch targets running towards/chasing them, running away when he drops gasbombs and so on. caster dont have nearly as hard here ( evading the bounsing slime now and then, and quick target switching).

bloodprinces: as a caster, who positions yourself smartly, you wont have to worry much about enpowered shock vortexes. except the keleseth tank, all you have to do is make quick target switches and dps like you want. whenever taldaram has the orb you may take some charges of his fireball, that´s it. as a melee, you´ll have to always run from boss to boss everytime the orb switches. you´ll also have to worry about normal shock vortexes near bosses, or in your way upon approaching the next prince, but also empowered shock vortexes where you have to create distance between a big amount of players ( 8 melees makes this not easy ). we also have to chase taldarams fireball, losing additional dps.

queen: not quite a melee-bane, but: during pact, flames, flying phase and biting someone, we have to move away from/stop dpsing on her. a caster can continue dps during flyphase and can put out some instants during pact and flames.

valithria: melees have to walk inbetween add-waves, casters don´t have to.

sindragosa: not much difference here to be honest. melees and caster both have to position themselves behind iceblocks, have to run away from her after being pulled towards her and so on.

as i myself havent seen lk down yet, im not yet really that knowledgeable about the fight, especially about it´s difficulty for casters,

but in general we can say

casters have it easier most of the time. ( this also includes every boss in tot(g)c, and a big amount of ulduar bosses ( yogg-saron, runes in counsil fight, mimiron ) but also many trash mobs ( fire elementals before ignis, the golems as well, the fire giants with melee silence ( enh -> melee-caster, yay ), whirlwind mobs ( i wont list those, there are to many ) and many more ))
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

i would recommend looking into gear that is reasonable and considered upgrades. Reasonable as in wat you r able to obtain with the grp or guild u raid with. Also one thing that will actually suprise u is how desperatly u need ur 4 piece.

Alot of ppl cried about the 4 piece but imho especcially having experience with it, the 4 piece is amazing. It will help ur dps vastly by keeping CL out of ur rotation for single target fights and having to cast flame shock only a few times every so often.

Someone also mentioned before that u should bring wild magic to ur encounters... DO THIS. i hope u have DBM so u can double pot for fights ( u prob already kno but its when u pot right before combat so u have about 12 secs with it then pot later in the fight)

Another tip is only use ele mastery with a fresh flame shock to lava burst. Ive tried this different ways but this is def the best. THe 15% haste will allow u to have full spammage of ur LBs seeing how they r slower casts than ur Lava bursts, and will prob allow u to squeez another lightning bolt in right before u have to refresh flame shock for a clip or cast ur lava burst as it comes off CD.

other than that idk heres my armory idk wat else to tell ya. i pulled 9.7 on herioc 10man saurfang last night and i dont have full sanc or anything only 1 piece. but here is a reference point if u need one. and yes i know im like 2 points or so under the hit i need but hey doesnt effect my dps :P

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Draz%C3%A8n