Shadow Priest of Feral Druid

I have both on lvl 80 and wanna gear one of them for pvp only. Which one should I pick. I want a mixture of burst and sustained damage, and if anything goes wrong, i can handle it by using one of my abilities.

Deleted

Re: Shadow Priest of Feral Druid

Eh. Whichever you find more fun.

In the arena, ferals have a pretty hard time these days, compared to last season.
    But go with whatever makes you more happy..

10+ Year Old Account

i have a 80 shaman and a 80 druid, imo feral pvp is way more fun then shaman.
    though i never played a spriest so i don't know if that is good in pvp.
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Deleted

Shadow priest pvp ftw. dunno about 80lvl feral pvp, but feral at under 80 is extremely powerful.
    ESPECIALLY in duels Shadow priest is a monster.

not concentrating on 1v1, mostly battlegrounds and arena 3v3 and 5v5. Tell me the advantages and disadvantages for melee and non-melee classes in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzy
    i have a 80 shaman and a 80 druid, imo feral pvp is way more fun then shaman.
    though i never played a warlock so i don't know if that is good in pvp.
    wtf?

Shadow Priests are ridiculous right know. Ferals are ok.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Feral Druid in Arena's -
    Unstoppable by snare effects, unable to get cc'd half the time, with ArP stacked you should be able to rip through anybody easily with berserk + mangle, have defensive cooldowns for emergencies

Shadow priest -
    As long as you're not the target of a melee you should be decent, dot then LOS to keep yourself out of their way, retarded CD on psychic horror; win for getting out of sticky situations, disarm for bladestorm (-_-), but you go oom like a bomb

I would choose feral druid, you have a better chance in doing better in arena's in 3's (feral, rogue, priest for example), dont need to worry about mana and some other crap you would as a ranged clothy like cc, but not saying S-priest is bad, i would just go with a feral druid since i have experience in both, feel free to disagree.
    Most godly post evar
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=12454665647

shadow's have 3 excellent setups (shadowplay, shatterplay and rsp) and are much more powerful right now than ferals. Hell, right now I would consider shadow overpowered
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Both classes are more alike than you think, what I mean is you are going to be the focused target as both and when you go defensive they are both pretty much useless.
    Both require to setup their bust.
    Feral is the harder class to play no doubt about that, its not easy to set all you're debuffs and self buffs and the position requirments is a pain for anyone new, keeping up with you're cyclones and knowing when to off heal and root and poison cleanse is not easy to master at all.
    So they both have very high upside, but if you don't love being a feral you will not enjoy it outside the few bgs here and there.

Feral Druid in Arena's -
    Unstoppable by snare effects, unable to get cc'd half the time, with ArP stacked you should be able to rip through anybody easily with berserk + mangle, have defensive cooldowns for emergencies

Shadow priest -
    As long as you're not the target of a melee you should be decent, dot then LOS to keep yourself out of their way, retarded CD on psychic horror; win for getting out of sticky situations, disarm for bladestorm (-_-), but you go oom like a bomb

I would choose feral druid, you have a better chance in doing better in arena's in 3's (feral, rogue, priest for example), dont need to worry about mana and some other crap you would as a ranged clothy like cc, but not saying S-priest is bad, i would just go with a feral druid since i have experience in both, feel free to disagree.
    You're stupid. No ferals in the right mind would use arp for arena play.

Ferals got hit hard by resil change, their burst on plate is insignificant now.

Spriests got buffed so much that they are dominating 3s play, bordering on OP. Spriests are the current FotM.

Ferals have much more limited set-ups. Hpal/war/feral, rogue/feral/priest. Those are the only 2 competetive comps. (Don't give me the feral/hunter/healer bullshit, there are none above 2.2k in BG9)

Spriests have so many viable comps now it's unbelievable, it's almost like they're replacing locks.

Thing bout spriests, they have an "iceblock", a "deathcoil", a "dismantle", a "how of terror" a "UA", a small "MS effect", and a snare removal ability. Plus, most of their damage comes from INSTANT DoTs, which makes them do extreme amounts of damage even while being trained.

Don't call anyone stupid when you don't have the facts right.
    I don't have a single piece on my feral from any arena raiting yet, and I can down warriors in an opener/ maim.
    The resiliance change acualy helped ferals a lot, it allowed ferals to stay in kitty longer which means a lot more preasure and a lot of damage done.
    So this is contrary to peoples none educated belives ferals gained from the resiliance change and didn't hurt their damage outcome.
    Problem is Its very rarely I run into any well played ferals which creates all these odd misconseptions about them

Ps ferals have more than 2 setups ,
    Mage, healer feral
    Rogue, feral healer
    Warrior, healer feral.
    Hunter, healer feral
    Spriest feral, shaman.
    Even with a lock its viable.

Don't call anyone stupid when you don't have the facts right.
    I don't have a single piece on my feral from any arena raiting yet, and I can down warriors in an opener/ maim.
    The resiliance change acualy helped ferals a lot, it allowed ferals to stay in kitty longer which means a lot more preasure and a lot of damage done.
    So this is contrary to peoples none educated belives ferals gained from the resiliance change and didn't hurt their damage outcome.
    Problem is Its very rarely I run into any well played ferals which creates all these odd misconseptions about them
    And you dare claim you know what you're talking about. Lmfao.

And how the hell did you derive that the resilience change did not affect a feral's "damage outcome"? Every class was affected, but melees w/o MS nor stack ARP were affected the hardest. (Ferals who gem arp for pvp are jokes, fyi)

Also, it's not possible for you to zero a warrior in an opener+maim unless they are severely undergeared: (full burst rotation with maim)

Pounce(4s), mangle(no SR for full maim, severely gimped damage), rake, TF, maim, shred, shred, fero.

All you can squeeze out of with a minimum of one OoC proc. YES, an OoC proc is needed for that combo.

Pounce bleeds for a total of 2100 over that 9s duration (assuming you have 10k AP and said warrior has 900+ res). Mangle crits for 3000. Rake crits for 1000 with ticks going for 1.2k twice, ie 2.4k. Maim crits for 1200. Shreds crit for 4.5k each, and fero for 5k. Melees for 500 crits on plate for 9 times, 4500.

2100+3000+1000+2400+9000+5000+4500= 27000 damage. Warriors usually have an upward of 28k hp when geared. (This is an example of a wrathful feral vs a relentless warrior, so there is a stat difference accounting for the 10k AP).

27000, All you can squeeze out of a full lockout WITH all crits. Seeing I have 63% crit in my gear, I negate 12% of it away and we have an approx. Of 50% chance to crit. Meaning that there is only a 0.5^9 chance for that to happen.

Even with the gear disparity of a full tier, it is unlikely to solo a warrior in a stunlock.

IF you say you go for ArP, your crit % will be much lower (say 50%? Mitigated by res to 38%) and bleeds would do a significantly lower amount of damage (lack of AP), combo point generation would be lower and the chances of pulling of a 5pt fero/maim would be even slimmer.

Ps ferals have more than 2 setups ,
    Mage, healer feral
    Rogue, feral healer
    Warrior, healer feral.
    [/u]Hunter, healer feral[/u]
    Spriest feral, shaman.
    Even with a lock its viable.
    Mage healer feral is hardly played. Yes it can be managed by tournament class players due to their TBC CCs, but it's extremely difficult to pull off, ie not viable.

Underlines were mentioned in previous post.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings.../Hunter/Priest

Highest with a feral in bloodlust US? Hmm 2k... Pathetic.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings.../Shaman/Priest

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings...Shaman/Warlock

See any ferals there? No? All spellcleave variations? I thought so too.

Those comps will _not_ work simply due to the fact that
    a) there is no MS
    b) they are too squishy (aim the feral or aim the DK, you decide)
    c) no synergy
    d) no burst window peels.

Kind sir, I rest my case. You are indeed stupid.

Both are pretty hard to play in arena, I hope you like a challenge OP.

Name calling is unecessary just shows ignorance.
    Alright you seem to like arenajunkies web site so I will reference a few threads for you.
    You numbers are a bit off, did you factor in tear and render? Look at arenajunkier druid forums under patch 3.3.3 notes update.
    Sorry can't link atm.
    And you were right though about the warriors being around the 30khp mark, good call.
    About resiliance change affecting ferals I found most "top end " ferals having the same point of view as mine, look up druid forums , arenajunkies under question to mwenfair,
    He talks abput the warrior feral hpally comp though, but its true for for all none heavy burst reliant comp exp feral rogue priest.
    No question resliance change lowered feral burst but what it also done is allow ferals to stay in kitty longer to provide heavier preasure, time you do need to apply the right amount of damage.
    And about the comps,
    The op is asking to start a new class/spec I'm pretty sure he isn't asking about 2500+ raiting viable, each comp I mentioned is viable for 2k+ raiting.
    Ps arp for ferals in pvp is awfull I do agree agility is way to good to pass on.
    Plz check those furoms before reposting

after looking more into this, i think im gonna go with a ranged class that has some defensive cds. Ranged class cuz they're not the risk of being kited and they don't have to worry about the opponent's armor ;D

Deleted

Hunters do

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    shadow's have 3 excellent setups (shadowplay, shatterplay and rsp) and are much more powerful right now than ferals. Hell, right now I would consider shadow overpowered
    Yea I have to agree with this. Spriests are pretty damn OP right now and IMO I'd go with one of them. They have a ton of utility tools, survivability, and damaging attacks. And you could always pop out of shadowform and heal if you need too. Definately the way to go IMO.

Now, if that feral Druid was resto....

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.