Moonkin T9/T9.5/T10 Spreadsheeting Fun

Alright, so I just came back from a 7+ month hiatus, so needless to say, I'm a little behind on the gear scene. Here's my char: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Buckykentuky Don't make fun of my gear, gemming, or spec, I know some of it's wrong and I know what I'm going to do about it.

Now, first thing to notice is I'm 31 over the hit cap, but I'm also having to wear the stupid blue trinket from VH (couldn't ever seem to get a better one to drop). Obviously hit is a little bit of a concern to me atm, and if I'm getting the shriveled heart from one of the new 5 mans, That would drop my hit even more. Replacing those two pieces with non-hit pieces, I'll be down to 187 hit, or 76 below the cap. Depending on when you're looking at this, I'm about to get a new neck that will also not have hit on it, lowering my hit by 31 more. now we're 107 below the cap.

Now, second thing to notice is I'm in all tier gear, but those tier are now long outdated. Luckily blizzard has made it easier for me to transition back into the game with the various badge t9/t10 gear. I'm all about efficiency, so I've been running a lot of numbers to see how I can maximize my gear selection going forward. Since you can't upgrade a t9 piece to a t9.5 piece (if that's what it's even called) like you can a t10 piece to a t10.5 piece, I wanted to make sure any t9 pieces I get wouldn't be much worse than a t9.5 piece that I will soon have access to after I begin raiding again. I also wanted to see what t10 pieces would be better by the biggest amount to their t9 slot. Here's my spreadsheet:

(NOTE: The numbers from this sheet were taken from Graylo's gear comparison sheets, so I'm assuming they are right)

First thing that stands out to me is the t10 helm is a drop in dps from the t9. Now, I know this is because the value of hit is so much more than everything else, but since this is an issue for me right now, I'll probably be upgrading this last. Second, the gloves are a HUGE increase. I know it's the same reason for hit, but I feel like this is probably a good choice since I'm so hit starved.

However, gloves are the item that drops the most from VoA, so am I best saving the precious badges and hoping for the best in Vault?

I don't know, I was bored at work today and thought I should do a lot of max'ing/min'ing. Anyone have any suggestions on my path of upgrades?

Deleted

Re: Moonkin T9/T9.5/T10 Spreadsheeting Fun

I have said it many times, so I'm going to give you the short version: In all my time doing VOA, i have never ever had an item drop for either my main spec or off spec on the current tier. You have something in the lines of a 1/40 to have your item drop, and then you have to battle other people for it. I would not make gear choices based on what might drop.

I have always geared up around what would be the biggest increase at the moment. If you are fine with hit for the moment, go for something without. If you need hit, go with that. Usually - and this might not be the case for you as you just came back - you have some gear lying around that you can use to swap around.

Going from tier 9 to tier 10 was a bit annoying, ill give you that. I was running with a +20 hit gem in my pants for a while after i switched to my tier 10 helmet, and up until this sunday, i was running at 317 hit rating (which free'd up a point in Balance of Power, though - it doesn't do much, but it's something at least), and there have even been times where I was around 150 hit rating over our cap, simply because the items was still an upgrade (although admittedly, I knew i would be swapping out other items a few days later).

In the end, additional hit is not the end of the world. You have several items that, when you swap them out, you will be put below the hit cap. Take a look at which items you have, plan ahead based on which emblems you are going to get, and just see which gives you the biggest upgrade as you are standing at that very moment.

Anyways, welcome back. If you need to get up to speed, here is a link to the EJ guide: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t66856-m...dated_3_3_3_a/