Nibelung vs Frost Needle + Scourgelords baton

havent been lucky enough to get a frozen bonespike, i got nibelung earlier but theres not much of an answer to be found anywhere, i would simply like to know if its even worth gemming and enchanting or just hold out for bonespike

forgot to add im still a devoted destruction lock

Re: Nibelung vs Frost Needle + Scourgelords baton

It's worth gemming and using at least until you get your bonespike purely on coolness factor. I would assume its better than your needle/baton combo too but not positive.

15+ Year Old Account

What spec are you?

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

I had a few weeks the same problem. I couldnt between those 2, after some tests I concluded that MH + OH is better then Nibelung.

destruction

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus
    I had a few weeks the same problem. I couldnt between those 2, after some tests I concluded that MH + OH is better then Nibelung.
    MH+OH is almost always better, but in this case the damage potential of Nibelung is only held back by your Spells Per Minute count. Affliction has the highest with Demo right behind, but if you're Destruction Nibelung won't be worth it.

I'd say its a wash with MH/OH being more reliable dps while Nibelung will be spikey.

Quote Originally Posted by tey
    destruction
    Skip Nibelung. Hang onto it for shits n giggles (i.e. enchant executioner and socket expertise).

R.I.P. YARG

Unless you would need the hit of the baton, there is a decent off hand from ?H-HoR?, I believe its called the shriveled heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk
    Unless you would need the hit of the baton, there is a decent off hand from ?H-HoR?, I believe its called the shriveled heart.
    wait...what? You missed the question, mang

I'd stick with MH/OH and wait for that, as the Nibelung proc feels less like a proc and more like a "dude where's my valkyr".

The proc is very unreliable. I like it, and it can be fun. I gemmed and enchanted mine just as a funzies sort of thing.

Either way, you lose a little spell power, gain about 100 hit, 50 crit and 50 haste(from using MH/OH)

As someone stated before, I would get Shriveled Heart and use it with Frost Needle. I would also try to get Rigormortis over Frozen Bonespike. Obviously if Putricide isn't available to you then that's not an option.

Deleted

Nibelung actually disgusts me :< I'd say go with the mainhand + offhand.

Not a fan of staves but I'm currently using Halion until I can get rigormortis + princes offhand.

As destro it might be worh using Nib only one tank n spank fights.
    Our guild moonkin can get up to 3 valks at a time during Festurgut.

But since there are very few "tank n spank" fights in ICC I would use MH OH over Nib.
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

as destro no
    as aff yes
    I am aff specced and nibelung wins over both needle/baton bonespike/baton(lost 100-400 dps with thoes combos)
    Dunno for mortis or any other combo.
    But with destro nibelung just suxx(with both combos i had 100-400 more dps),so get off hand from hor hc or from togc10+bonespike/needle.It is good combo for destro lock at start of icc.
    hope i get mortis soon so i can run few tests on dummy and see how does it go,but i put my 2 cents it will beat nibelung for both aff and destro.
    PS:i run to hor hc to test dps on last boss for both aff and destro few days in row and used the dummy 2,i didnt tried nibelung for destro in raid but if it suxx in hc i dont see how it can be good in a raid ;D

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!