Thread: Frost 2 hander

Frost 2 hander

so i was thinking about trying frost 2 hander anyone tried this?
    This is the spec i would be using most likely.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...ktUWA22,,11685

Re: Frost 2 hander

2h frost is dead and it's going to stay dead.

10+ Year Old Account

blizz specifically said that frost is a dual wield spec and will never be 2H

That is not entirely true, Frost 2H is dead for DDs, but you can still tank with it.
    (especially after the Obliterate-only-one-rime-proc)
    it's again on par with DW

that's my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    2h frost tanking is only on par with dual wield frost tanking because frost is a bad tank tree. When you're already gimping your survivability by not having will of the necropolis there isn't much left to lose.
    that is your opinion.

My opinion is, that frost is also a good tanking tree, but it differs from blood.
    If you want an easy rotation and a very nice survivability CD - go blood

If you want passive damage reduction, a good survivability AND threat CD, and don't need the selfheal of DS, go frost.

It's just personal preference
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    2h frost tanking is only on par with dual wield frost tanking because frost is a bad tank tree. When you're already gimping your survivability by not having will of the necropolis there isn't much left to lose.
    Question: Have you ever tanked ? (hc's don't count)

Blood is better than frost, this doesn't make frost a bad tree, frost has more aoe snap threat, and frost has a longer IBF, -3% chance to be hit (3% avoidance basically).

Will of the necropolis reduces damage that would tkae u under 35%, by 5%( the hit itself), it is a good talent, but it is not exactly the most vital, you rarely stay at 35%hp for very long anyway.

10+ Year Old Account

2h frost is like 2x1h fury. It is possible, but it sucks. It's also like 2h prot.

No. Go away. Quit trying to do shit Blizz themselves has said isn't going to work anymore.

That's like the disc priest spec without imp. bubble.. -Sigh- :
    I tell you what though. The next time your little sister loses her dolly in the neighbor's yard, and he punches her in the throat, don't call the cops. He has a sign on his lawn that says "this is a PvP lawn, noob, gtfo lol". ~Fenixdown

10+ Year Old Account

I'll give another example then.

2h frost tanking is like disc DPSing. My healer friend pulled 3.5k DPS as disc (in her normal disc healer spec, using her disc gear) in numerous heroics, sometimes topping the damage done charts too.

Does that make disc dps viable or worthwhile? No. It makes it possible.

The same is true for 2h tanking. It is possible. But compared to the alternatives, it will still be miles behind in one way or the other.

Arthas specs 2h Frost.

True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Axios

Blood is better than frost, this doesn't make frost a bad tree, frost has more aoe snap threat, and frost has a longer IBF, -3% chance to be hit (3% avoidance basically).

Will of the necropolis reduces damage that would tkae u under 35%, by 5%( the hit itself), it is a good talent, but it is not exactly the most vital, you rarely stay at 35%hp for very long anyway.
    It isn't about being at 35%. It's about being an EH buff, which is also coupled with being easier to heal (since less actual damage was taken.) It's also a bit obscene in the right situation.

It's 15% of the damage that would take you below 35%.
    So, say you've got 50k, and take a 50k hit. That entire hit is reduced by 15%, reducing damage taken by 7.5k. Worst case, this is a .35 * .15 => 0.0525, or a 5.25% EH buff. That's very significant, and it's hard to really overstate how powerful wotn is as a talent.

That said, the differences are in many ways irrelevant. As health pools increase, wotn is less impressive, similar to stamina in general. Moreover, any good DK tank will adjust specs to meet the needs of the raid and the encounter, and each of the three trees has its strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe
    Arthas specs 2h Frost.

True story.
    Maybe that's why we can beat him. ;x

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    2h frost is like 2x1h fury. It is possible, but it sucks. It's also like 2h prot.
    the first time i saw a arms (titans grip = arms right?) warrior with a shield and a 2 hander tanking a heroic i thought he was totally awesome!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lim-dûl
    the first time i saw a arms (titans grip = arms right?) warrior with a shield and a 2 hander tanking a heroic i thought he was totally awesome!
    No, that's fury. And 2h + shield IS awesome indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    that is your opinion.

My opinion is, that frost is also a good tanking tree, but it differs from blood.
    If you want an easy rotation and a very nice survivability CD - go blood

If you want passive damage reduction, a good survivability AND threat CD, and don't need the selfheal of DS, go frost.

It's just personal preference
    rocketscientist here. too bad blood has all of the things you stated you liked in the frost tree PLUS selfheals of deathstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Axios

will of the necropolis reduces the dmg by 15% amd IS THE MOST VITAL. its our own version of the OP ardent defender, not quite as good but it has no internal CD.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Taking more damage in a fight and having WoTN not proc at all is far better than taking 15% less damage throughout the whole fight and having the talent consta proccing imo.
    This, people don't take will of the necropolis for the overall damage reduction that it provides. They take it because it reduces the damage of the hits that are potentially going to kill you.

I would much rather have a tank who takes a couple of percent more damage overall, but doesn't die because the hits that matter get reduced by a significant amount.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lim-dûl
    that is fury .

But Frost 2 hand DPS is like the Death Knight's Minions ... Dead
    Insert Signiture here.