Thread: DPS Rotation

DPS Rotation

I really dont know what I'm doing wrong, but would definitely like to correct my deficiencys. I've been pulling 7-8k on 25mans. My spreadsheet lists me as 10k+ although i do realize it's buff and grp dependent. Im wondering if my rotation is what it should be? I tricks tank ss 3cp, snd ss5cp and evis rinse and repeat. For CD's I blow ar when i have 5 stacks of deadly on target, and as soon as AR is down i blow bf and ks together. I repeat cd's as is until boss is dead or fight dependent.

Re: DPS Rotation

Armory would be nice

I assume this is you.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Iron&cn=Cangri

Only things i can suggest you to improve your DPS are:
    1. Maximize your time on target. Ususally more then 40% of combat rogues DPS come from whites. You can also use that macro:
    #showtooltip Sinister Strike
    /startattack
    /cast Sinister Strike
    2. Burn KS after few secs since the combat starts. Just wait for procs (in example if you have HWT wait for his 20 staks), and then use KS everytime and as soon you can.
    3. Use a Potion of Speed just 2 secs earlyer then the fight starts. That let you use another one during the fight.
    4. Burn AR with BF soon in the fight.
    5. From now, use BF everytime you can. Keep it only if you have phases with adds where it can be useful.
    6. Keep the 2nd AR for your Bloodlust/Heroism time. This is the time to drink the 2nd Potion of Speed too.
    7. Be sure to use Flasks and Foods.
    8. Have another rogue for the tricks bargain. It's a huge DPS gain.

Sorry if something is obvious. I wrote it just to be exhaustive.
    And pay a lot of attention to your CD's. As combat they really make the difference!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ashand
    1. Maximize your time on target. Ususally more then 40% of combat rogues DPS come from whites. You can also use that macro:
    2. Burn KS after few secs since the combat starts. Just wait for procs (in example if you have HWT wait for his 20 staks), and then use KS everytime and as soon you can.

3. Use a Potion of Speed just 2 secs earlyer then the fight starts. That let you use another one during the fight.
    5. From now, use BF everytime you can. Keep it only if you have phases with adds where it can be useful.
    These are always right and should always be followed.

First, don't use BF/AR at the same time. They have no synergy in any case short of AoE, and even then, BF+KS with an immediate AR snagging the end of BF will perform better.
    TLDR: BF+KS early, and often. If they are close to lining up, line them up, haste + KS is amazing. AR + KS will cap you on energy, and AR+BF is a waste; haste doesn't benefit AR in any way.
    As for saving cooldowns, keep in mind the fight length. If you're going to have enough time for 2 AR's, then by all means, save the second for trinket procs/tricks/etc, but AR won't boost your dps any more during heroism than it would outside of heroism. Lining up a BF/KS/your second speed pot with heroism *is* beneficial.
    Give tricks to whoever does the most DPS and isn't going to pull aggro.

Yes, you are right when you say that AR don't benefit from Haste. Not in a direct way at least.
    The right thing to do is to use AR when the most of your procs is up.
    That being said, I still think that AR benefit from Haste and Bloodlust. It benefit becouse Haste gives you more autoattacks, and then more proc chances from Items and enchants. Usually the part of the fight when i have more procs is when Heroism is up. That's why I suggested to keep AR for Heroism.
    I also know that trinket has an internal CD, but the part of the fight where you usually have more procs up is, still while under Heroism buff.
    I also ususlly use AR with BF at the start of the fight just becouse i can use the toghether without have Energy capping issues. As i wrote, after that there is no connection between AR and BF.

And yes. I explained the concept you clarified in a horrible way.. Horrible as my English. Sorry about that, and thanks for the clarifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashand
    1. Maximize your time on target. Ususally more then 40% of combat rogues DPS come from whites. You can also use that macro:2. Burn KS after few secs since the combat starts. Just wait for procs (in example if you have HWT wait for his 20 staks), and then use KS everytime and as soon you can.
    4. Burn AR with BF soon in the fight.
    6. Keep the 2nd AR for your Bloodlust/Heroism time. This is the time to drink the 2nd Potion of Speed too.
    8. Have another rogue for the tricks bargain. It's a huge DPS gain.

Sorry if something is obvious. I wrote it just to be exhaustive.
    And pay a lot of attention to your CD's. As combat they really make the difference!
    This has been so helpful to me since I just respecced to combat (from assassination) thank you!

Correct me if im wrong, but im 99% sure that speccing blood splatter and maximizing rupture is better for combat now isnt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks
    Correct me if im wrong, but im 99% sure that speccing blood splatter and maximizing rupture is better for combat now isnt it?
    For non-arp combat rogues, yes, I'd say so. For more reliable answers, check the spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    BF+KS early, and often. If they are close to lining up, line them up, haste + KS is amazing.
    Last time I saw any actual testing and analysis done on this the result was that BF+KS have very minimal synergy on single target. You should always save BF if there is a phase where it can hit two targets at once (e.g., green ooze zerg tactic on putricide).

Give tricks to whoever does the most DPS and isn't going to pull aggro.
    The threat transfer part of tricks can be canceled, so the threat of your target is not really an issue (unless you're afraid that the extra damage they do puts them over the line).

Quote Originally Posted by Nedive
    This has been so helpful to me since I just respecced to combat (from assassination) thank you!
    Glad to be helpful!