Thread: Grid? Grid2?

10+ Year Old Account

Grid? Grid2?

I am planning to use Grid. Someone suggested me to use it. But when I searched for "grid" on addon website curse.com it shows 2 grid addons:
    - Grid
    - Grid2

I have some questions:
    1- One of these addons outdated or something? Why are there 2 Grids? What's the difference?
    2- Which one should I use?
    3- I see that some status updates for Grid is available, like "GridStatusRaidDebuff". Do these status updates works for both Grid and Grid2?

Thanks for your answers.

Deleted

Re: Grid? Grid2?

Grid2 in my thoughts is just an addon to the addon grid gives it another look and a few down/upgrades depending on whos looking at it.

•The focus is on performance. No more AceOO with deep call chains for example.
    •All Config is load on demand so it does not interfere with regular use of Grid2.
    •Indicators are separate from Statuses and reusable and placeable anywhere in a single grid cell.
    •Non-unique indicators (icon, square, text, etc.) can be created in whatever quantities you need

thats the difference

Grid2 is the sucessor to Grid, but very much in development still so may not offer all the functionality you are used to yet. It will be much improved with more options, just a lot is still a work in progress and very much aimed at healers, with little support for non-healers.
    Try out grid2 sure if you get the chance, but have grid ready to fall back on should you be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Grid2 is going to replace Grid - eventually. It's still in beta stages, the config UI isn't complete, etc. (Will be a while before it replaces Grid, the author's been working on Grid2 for over a year).