Ret Paladin DPS bug?

Hey, I noticed that ever since the 3.3.3 patch my DPS has dropped from usual 8.8k ish single target to just around 7k. My friend has also noticed it as well, he went from about 10k ish down to around 8.5k so has something been changed? I check patch notes and didnt see anything. Anyone else noticed the same?

Deleted

Re: Ret Paladin DPS bug?

Paladins can DPS? Ye must be a bug.

Hm did around 11,5~12k on Morro, last week was 10,5~11k

15+ Year Old Account

less crits = less dps. it can be just random you know.

raidbuffs

RNG has a tenancy to mess with people. Just today, two of our Rets in equal gear had about 1200 DPS difference between them. Recount showed that one had about 20% more Divine Storms, thanks to their 2-set.

Last week it was two Frost Death Knights, one had about four times more Howling Blasts from Rime. Doesn't mean one was any better than the other, was just the big mean Random Number Generator deciding that 15% for you is more like 80% for that guy.

Just for fun? Check the ranks of your abilities, look at which specific encounters you are missing damage on, turn on Sense Undead. Bone Spike Graveyard tends to bring DPS down. Look at how many times you were impaled VS how many times you Stormed them down for bonus AoE meter padding. Make sure the raid comp is the same. It sounds stupid, but one week my 10-man group didn't have a spell vulnerability debuff on for half of the raid because our Unholy DK went Frost and forgot to ask the Warlock to switch his curse.

I haven't seen any change in my overall damage, and EJ hasn't reported any game-changing bugs. My guess is that it was just a fluke, or something was present in your last raid that inflated your numbers.

10+ Year Old Account

are en gee
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    are en gee

? number generation is ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lídan

I lol'd hard...
    the truth aint funny man.

You cant handle the truth!

I found the problem, a technical fault with my spells so the likes of Crusader strike and Divine Storm were only hitting for half of what they should be.

I tested this by taking all my gear off, and using a grey lvl 14 weapon i got from the vendor and attacked the training dummy. My melee damage was 169-184, Crusader Strike should be 93% of this but only hit for 100 each time, Divine Storm only hit for 140 ish. Needed to contact a GM to fix it

I sometimes have issues with the DS proc. Sometimes it locks my DS and CS really pisses me off

If its something wrong with the spells It will happen for everybody, not just yourself. One time I couldn't figure out why my hunters attack power and crit seemed so low. For the life of me, I just couldn't understand why aspect of the hawk wasn't increasing my ap. So I opened a ticket, waited 2 days, and got the response.. "There are no known bugs with aspect of the hawk or displayed ap on a hunters charecter sheet. Please make sure you are looking under the 'ranged' tab.." I wanted to shoot myself.

Anyways, its probably not a bug. Sometimes debuffs that other classes place on a boss aren't there when you expect them to be, sometimes RNG f's you over, sometimes your just not playing quite as good as you were next week. But I'm pretty sure its not a pally bug, and if it was you wouldn't be the only one affected.

Quote Originally Posted by shakkenbake
    Anyways, its probably not a bug. Sometimes debuffs that other classes place on a boss aren't there when you expect them to be, sometimes RNG f's you over, sometimes your just not playing quite as good as you were next week. But I'm pretty sure its not a pally bug, and if it was you wouldn't be the only one affected.
    Im not, got a number of friends with the same problem