Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DK UI help need new one

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post this but... I realllly need a new UI, preferably one built for a tank (DK) or dps (my offset)... MUST BE A RAIDING UI (dbm, omen, recount, enough customizable buttons, ect...) if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.... also, if it is of any relevance, I am playing on a mac laptop... 1280X800 (=\)

Tyvm
    Alex

Deleted

Re: DK UI help need new one

Addon code is run inside WoW, so it's the same across platforms.
    I'd say check curse.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass, but try making your own. You listed the mods you needed/wanted, just download them and start playing with it.

I've always felt that if you make your own you're better at understanding what is going in it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

AT the very least, people are always more comfortable with something if they design it themselves. I'm a proud member of the "I did that!" brigade when it comes to WoW interfaces.

It's generally suggested by UI designers that if you use a pre-made UI, then you should familiarize yourself with what every addon in the premade interface does - if you don't know what the addon does, you shouldn't use it.

I have tried making my own.... but it isin't as pretty as I wanted it.... and I do have a pretty strong understanding of most addons... I downloaded BODAUI... pretty popular tanking UI... but I just cant seem to work the profiles... they aren't showing up... any comments that might help?

Deleted

first of, did you remember to copy the new WTF in ?

second, you do realise recount only makes your raiding worse. there's really only 1 person who should use that doing a raid, and that's the raidleader.

15+ Year Old Account

Pretty is overrated

http://i.imgur.com/EcoLT.jpg

Edit: Regarding recount. Recount can be fun as long as that's not all you think about. For my own part I have it (as stated previously) for raid leading purposes. But let's not make this into an argument of whether or not one should be using recount.

This is what I use.

I use Bartender for the action bars, I find it quite important cause I can make them any size I want, use as many as I want and put them where I want. And I prefer them all in once central spot.
    Next I have rune watch on top, lets me keep track of everything that is relevant to me as a DK, diseases, horn, runes and RP.
    On the right side is recount, and on the right of that I have Grid.
    Grid is useful for a tank, you can see who has aggro via a little red square on the top left side of the check box, and it allows easier selecting of players for certain situations.

The rest is just for looks. SunnArt for bottom artwork, Sexy map for the mini map borders.

Its all quite clean since most of the relevant information is close to the center and most of the addons are concentrated at the bottom.
    I forgot, Omen, that I keep on the top side, it isn't showing on the picture though cause I'm solo.

That is mine. I apologize for some of the glitches in the picture.

@rahzgarrh
    Where can I download.... also... where can I put things like dbm, omen grid...is there anywhere I can see it in combat?

Quote Originally Posted by alextg94
    @rahzgarrh
    Where can I download.... also... where can I put things like dbm, omen grid...is there anywhere I can see it in combat?
    I can upload it and put a guide to it tomorrow.

TYVM... when you do please link it on this page.... If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to do so.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1646/62858641.jpg

DBM, Bartender4 (with Dualspec), Recount, Chatter, Omen, KG panels, FortExocist, ClassTimers, IceHUD, Grid.

Pretty simple and all are pretty customisable.
    Ladies and Gentleman. I have a very important news story. I want all of you, to stop what you are doing and listen. CANNONBALL

heres a addon pack for my UI - I dont know how to put it already configured... but the addons are there

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/packs/5790/default.aspx

also, its not like its "pretty" with shinny stuff and grafix everywhere.

it is very usefull for tanking and raid leading.

I love my UI personally, although I've had people tell me they love it and some who tell me that they can't stand it.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/2003/picture10gh.png

I also use the same computer as you do albeit at 1440x900, it's quite a nice machine although in order to get a nice looking UI it's difficult with pre-set packages because of the weird resolution

Edit: The only thing missing in the SS is the ToT (Target of Target) Frame, it's under the runes in the middle of the screen (a bit smaller than the other two bars, but still easy to see!).

@Tatsh

LOVE your UI... only things I would recommend.... Use an addon like tipsy to move the tool tip... and for a tank like me... Im obvi gonna switch the omen w/ the recount (place wise)
    2 questions... One... for the ToT... can we see their buffs/debuffs.... and 2 Did you make it or can I download it?

Sorry didn't have time to upload the UI, seems like you find a new UI. Gl

oh no.. feel free to upload yours if you still want to... I wanna try out a bunch and see which I like..

http://img441.imageshack.us/i/wowscr...710183856.jpg/

1. is facesmasher it is not on curse u have to go looking for it cause it was stopped by its creator. Basically it tells u the next button to hit for maximum dps. If you would like this addon send me a message with your email address ill try to send it to u.

2.Deathknight.info Runes tells u how long u have on Plague strike and Icy Touch and easier to see your runes

3. MikScrolling BattleText Better way to look at combat stuff

4. Recount shows dps and healing done and damage all that nice stuff

I suggest this for those people who dont like a bunch of stuff all over their screen and Btw there is a UI scale thing in the Interface or Video Settings not quite sure which 1.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs, and they do not fear. They can not fear."