Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Re: Eyonix leaves Blizzard

We just lost the best.

Sad.

Well honestly this brought a smile to my face. This guy was a douchebag, and I wanted him gone ever since Tseric left which was also something that brought a smile to my face. Maybe now WoW will improve that the WoW forum won't be a god awful place...although I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

And I don't care what you think, WoW IS on a downhill tread. This isn't my opinion, this isn't something that I personally feel but is just the way it is. Subscription numbers are dipping even more then they did in Vanilla or TBC before an expansion comes out. It is to be expected because people do get bored playing the same game over and over but come back for the expansion. The problem is, the numbers that are dropping is far too many and not as many are coming back as they should. It will jump up again for Cataclysm and WoW will have for a while a good playerbase number but ...you are blind if you can't see it is slowly declining. The only thing keep it from having a huge drop off is that alot of gamers have become tainted by the "Any game except MMO is boring" virus. There is no other MMO out there worth playing right now...but mark my word...something will come along and it might not be a WoW killer per se...but it will diminish the population and with that...the game will change. I think both Star Wars and Final Fantasy's mmo have a good chance at taking the top MMO spot within the next couple years. Star Wars and Final Fantasy both have MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better mythology, lore and storyline settings...plus their fanbase is alot bigger then the fanbase of Warcraft. Majority of people only played WoW because it was/is popular...hardly anyone got into it because they liked Warcraft. And even if they did, the one storyline they cared about...has now been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21
    Really, seriously, honestly??? You've never read any of his replies to posters on the forums?? He's an immature little brat, and I have yet to see anyone say he was the role-model as to how community issues slash complaints should be handled. He was EFFING fired, how EFFING good could he have been?? Now that Robert Kotick has complete EFFING control over Blizz, I doubt he accidentally let Eyonix slip through the cracks. Wow.

He's an immature little brat,

And this, class, is what's called Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart

Because you are an immature brat? Oh yeah that is irony!

Yeah... fuck that little pissy bitch. Good riddance, gtfo. Thanks for our just flat out forgetting our class review, douchebag. Took years to recover from that little screw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart

Bitching on a forum about a game you PAY to play is much different than bitching on a forum about a game you are PAID to play.

Too bad Eyonix left...........................one of the few good guys at Blizz.

WAAAAAAA IT CANNOT BE! <Insert crying panda head>

Quote Originally Posted by jontaxe
    Yeah... fuck that little pissy bitch. Good riddance, gtfo. Thanks for our just flat out forgetting our class review, douchebag. Took years to recover from that little screw up.
    Stay classy.

I'm not going to pretend I understand the chain of command at Blizzard, but Eyonix really took a shit in the priest threads with retarded comments and insights at a time when we were discussing class reviews.

He lead me to not distrust CMs, per se, but realize that they're just there to stir the pot and really are not any sort of meaningful conduit into design.

I remember him referring to priests having immunities, for instance, and he got skewered on that point.

So for all I know he would go back to some review meeting where they parse CM input and be an articulate boon to the priest class, but based on what little he vomited onto the priest forums I'll just wonder why anyone thinks he mattered at all to the game!

If "we lost one of the good guys" I'd hate to see who you consider a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by frott

If "we lost one of the good guys" I'd hate to see who you consider a bad guy.
    Nah, he was just around since Vanilla WoW...so people over exaggerate how awesome he was.

Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    And I don't care what you think, WoW IS on a downhill tread.
    So you are excluding other people's anecdotal evidence while prioritizing evidence that reinforces your stance.

This isn't my opinion, this isn't something that I personally feel but is just the way it is.
    Everything you perceive forms an opinion. You don't have to write "In my opinion..." because everything you profess is your opinion. Humans are fundamentally incapable of objectivity.

Subscription numbers are dipping even more then they did in Vanilla or TBC before an expansion comes out. It is to be expected because people do get bored playing the same game over and over but come back for the expansion. The problem is, the numbers that are dropping is far too many and not as many are coming back as they should.
    Please provide subscription evidence. Then pause while we laugh at your parrotted sources that can't possibly know this. The only source that is anywhere near valid is Blizzard, and according to them their subscriptions are holding fast. You are vastly underestimating how many people (according to them) would keep an account active while not playing. I don't pretend to know this information, because I feel any outside source will be low and Blizzard will be high in their count.

It will jump up again for Cataclysm and WoW will have for a while a good playerbase number but ...you are blind if you can't see it is slowly declining.
    There are too many assumptions in this statement to take seriously. What if there was a console version of WoW? What if they came out with a supplemental content version that required no previous account? Then you'd change your story from "wow is on a decline" to restate that it's on the very typical pre-expansion, summertime slump for majority of their playerbase, as usual. Zzz.

The only thing keep it from having a huge drop off is that alot of gamers have become tainted by the "Any game except MMO is boring" virus. There is no other MMO out there worth playing right now...but mark my word...something will come along and it might not be a WoW killer per se...but it will diminish the population and with that...the game will change.
    Is it supposed to be revelatory that people who've spent years on a game continue playing it? That $15 a month is what a lot of people pay for part of their lunch in one day? People still play everquest, wow will be around for a very, very, very long time.

One bit you're not mentioning is how much better a MMO gets when the subscription base starts to decline. Suddenly all of the perks that were impossible are added. Populations balance out as servers merge. The status quo game that will come out will modify wow as you mention, to make it more like the game you'd have to start over to play, making it harder to leave. Guild housing? Monthly tournaments? Customizable graphics? Player-run shops? 100x as many / interesting craftables? Tons of maps and gametypes for battlegrounds? I guarantee you will see one or more of these before wow is done, but only when they have to add them to keep players playing.

I think both Star Wars and Final Fantasy's mmo have a good chance at taking the top MMO spot within the next couple years. Star Wars and Final Fantasy both have MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better mythology, lore and storyline settings...plus their fanbase is alot bigger then the fanbase of Warcraft. Majority of people only played WoW because it was/is popular...hardly anyone got into it because they liked Warcraft. And even if they did, the one storyline they cared about...has now been resolved.
    You are grossly overestimating people's interest in Star Wars. The folks who really care about it are on the older end of the gamer spectrum (as we were little kids when the original trilogy was around) and if you think the newer 3 movies have "much better mythology, lore and storyline" that's your - once again - opinion.

Final Fantasy will have potential. FFXIII had a good tanking setup, but the game was terrible and received a lot of backlash as being the worst FFantasy game. Problem is that to keep their core playerbase happy it has to be similar to their current MMO, but to expand anywhere near wow killer it has to remove the hardcore asian-accepted grinding and timesinks.

WoW doesn't have the concept of "camping a mob" or setting up an "exp camp" like EQ and FFonline had. You would sit in one spot for hours grinding mobs in a group. It was hard / time consuming to find a group if you weren't one of the darling classes or had 5 other friends to sit around and do nothing. FFonline and EQ2 were even harder on pugs or casuals because of the combo system. So I guarantee that game will be zero threat to the "play for an hour at lunch" audience that wow has on lockdown. Have fun fishing at nighttime in a small window, and doing that for weeks for a tiny chance at a mediocre reward.

So yeah, your judgement is suspect for even blabbing about this in a goodbye thread to a CM. I'm confident that your anecdote is not remarkable regarding the state of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by WillfulHarbinger
    Because you are an immature brat? Oh yeah that is irony!
    Gee, you sure showed me! :

Please. He's calling someone out on being an "Immature Brat" while posting in a manner that's beffiting for someone kicking and screaming while wetting themselves in a High Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman
    Bitching on a forum about a game you PAY to play is much different than bitching on a forum about a game you are PAID to play.
    He didn't get paid to Play the game. He was a Community Manager, not a Professional Gamer.

Maybe he got tired of watching his fellow workers ruin a once great game. I would'nt stay in a job where people considered heroic strike/next swing attacks "confusing" either.

well if it isent a april fool joke,

Gl & hf in the future q:
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    Why would someone leave a job like that?
    Seems like a dream job >.<
    You really think that dealing with the insanity of the WoW forums is a dream job? I'm shocked he was able to keep it up for so long. Also, I'm sure they don't make as much money as they're worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    Bah, he just wants an item/npc named after him.
    he already does have an NPC named after him. wtg

Quote Originally Posted by Superalpaca
    It's more than likely because one of the worst people living on this planet right now just got a whole lot more control over Blizzard.
    He's been a CM for 6 years, it's more than likely he just got tired of it and wants to do something else. I can hardly stand the forums for 15 minutes, I can't imagine what it would be like to have to moderate them full-time for that long. Like the above poster said, working in the spotlight for Blizzard is a networking dream-- I'm sure he has had many job offers over the years.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bit of a necro here, so my apologies. I was banned from the wow.com forums for posting my opinion on Eyonix leaving (Which mainly was me responding to specific Shaman players and calling them idiots, so I suppose the ban was warranted..). As someone who used to actively play a Shaman, I personally do not and will not miss Eyonix. Neither should other Shaman players, especially long-time players.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....88780729&sid=1

All the info you need, if you actually "need" info as to why you should not support Eyonix (As a Shaman player).
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/