Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What raids can Druids Solo?

Hello all! Recently new to furry tanking. Main is a Holy Priest that has no chance of soloing some of the old content, but would like to start to on my druid for fun, money, and rep. I have a hunter, and get the impression he'd be better for this, but I don't want to go through the headache of getting 2T5 Pieces for him and updating him to 232 Badge gear.

So, without further ado, could this character solo anything?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Fur&gn=Remnant

I've heard rumors that Bear Tanks around 40k can do things like MC, BC Heroics, Kara among other things.

Re: What raids can Druids Solo?

I soloed all BC heroic all 60 raid when I was half geared so yea you can solo all these thing :P

15+ Year Old Account

most to all BC hc's can be done by bear at 30k health ( anzu farming ), but this depends on skills too. (solo'd a few BC HC's.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Just today i soloed all BC heroics for my achievement. I've got a nice pile of gear though (56k unbuffed in bear). Solo ZG every 3 days, can probably solo MC but i never tried. Soloed first 2 in kara, never tried going further.

Anyone know if BWL is possible as a Bear Tank?

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest
    Anyone know if BWL is possible as a Bear Tank?
    BWL is impossible to solo due to the first boss, and maybe the second boss, the rest is soloable iirc.

Deleted

Hello all! Recently new to furry tanking. Main is a Holy Priest that has no chance of soloing some of the old content, but would like to start to on my druid for fun, money, and rep. I have a hunter, and get the impression he'd be better for this, but I don't want to go through the headache of getting 2T5 Pieces for him and updating him to 232 Badge gear.

So, without further ado, could this character solo anything?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Fur&gn=Remnant

I've heard rumors that Bear Tanks around 40k can do things like MC, BC Heroics, Kara among other things.
    Actually, A hunter is pro for solo'ing stuff without t5. My hunter (however decked out in 251-264 gear), can solo Kara, ZG, about every TBC heroic (gogo rocketboots/disengage/feigndeath/invis pots), including MgT heroic, and other raids that I didnt try out yet =]. Just get a turtle.

And edit: You can't solo BWL indeed. First boss required tank AND someone to get eggs AND someone to get adds. Second boss.. Well, hard to explain, but go read tacs and you'll get why you can't solo it.

Durrrrrrrrrr. I really should have remembered why BWL couldn't be soloed considering how much time I spent on my priest in there. Guess I was just too busy looking at green bars than how they're actually tanked.

Mostly just looking to farm up Cores for my Priest to get Exalted Thorium Brotherhood.

Deleted

I want to see Naxx 10 solo. Heroics were solo'd before and Naxx has similiar difficulty...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by mi33
    I want to see Naxx 10 solo. Heroics were solo'd before and Naxx has similiar difficulty...
    Naa
    I don't see in any way how anyone could solo Heigan (dancing while getting shot, but this one might maybe be possible), Loatheb (healing stuff), Sapphiron(tombs thingy), Kelthuzad (adds, tombs), Thaddius (2 adds), gluth (zombies), 4horsemen (lol).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun
    Naa
    I don't see in any way how anyone could solo Heigan (dancing while getting shot, but this one might maybe be possible), Loatheb (healing stuff), Sapphiron(tombs thingy), Kelthuzad (adds, tombs), Thaddius (2 adds), gluth (zombies), 4horsemen (lol).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYW0LAGS8kE heigan btw. :P

Your gear looks more than enough to solo every BC heroic, ZG, AQ20, some bosses in MC. To do an entire MC solo clear is rather a pain in the ass and more trouble than it's worth. Several bosses take some unconventional gear and tactics such as resist gear or wearing SP healing gear (golemagg is a bitch).

As for BWL, if you want a crack at soloing anything in here you gotta bring some friends for the first two bosses, as they have mechanics that make them unsoloable, even in full 25hc BiS gear. I've seen a vid of a protadin soloing everything after Vael, but my guess is a feral would be ok until chromaggus - where the paladin had a huge advantage with self cleanses.

AQ40 - Prophet is a joke but you need to have about 400 nature resist, which is not really that hard to get.
    Sartura is really easy just wear normal gear and pew pew.
    That's about as far as you can get in AQ40 by your lone bear self - you can kill another boss Ouro but he's just optional, none of the required bosses after this are soloable.

Most of karazhan is pretty easy, you might need a bit better gear for curator and beyond, but the real trick is getting lucky on opera because the wolf, while soloable, is possibly the most annoying boss to solo ever, you spend 80% of the fight either feared, stunned, or in little girl form. Romeo & Julianne are just impossible with stacking poison debuff, hard hitting magic attack, massive heals much to frequent to interrupt even with imp. bash.
    After opera the only annoying boss is shade of aran. You can't solo chess anymore, as I painfully found out a while ago. So I've never been to prince but a fellow bear soloer I talked to said it was the hardest encounter to solo as a feral in the game.. but doable.

ZA I haven't tried in a while but both eagle and bear pretty much ripped me to pieces..

Also, you mention fun money and rep, well I hope you're content with doing it just for fun because the gold in old instances is nerfed to hell and the rep gains are pathetic in any dungeon except AQ20. Soloing is a time sink and really rather pointless but it's fun to do once I think.. now I just go hoping for the tiger in ZG maybe once a week.

15+ Year Old Account

I did Bwl in two man.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Valdun
    Actually, A hunter is pro for solo'ing stuff without t5. My hunter (however decked out in 251-264 gear), can solo Kara, ZG, about every TBC heroic (gogo rocketboots/disengage/feigndeath/invis pots), including MgT heroic, and other raids that I didnt try out yet =]. Just get a turtle.

Well, hard to explain, but go read tacs and you'll get why you can't solo it.
    You can if you got good dps.

You can totally solo magtheridon :]

Deleted

Karazhan except dragon boss

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam
    Several bosses take some unconventional gear and tactics such as resist gear or wearing SP healing gear (golemagg is a bitch).
    I disagree with this, you can kill every single boss (well except Golemagg) in cat form. All the instant heals make it a breeze if you have Nurturing Instinct.

My current list of solo raids stands at: (all done in standard feral gear so no resist gear)
    - Full clears of MC, ZG, AQ20
    - Skeram & Satura in AQ40
    - Chromaggus & Nefarion in BWL
    - Karazhan with the exception of Netherspite and some Opera events

That was my list as of about 8 months ago with the best gear i could get at the time(haven't tried to extend on that list), i just use to tank them down in bear form, these days i just kill them all in cat using each insta heal proc

Deleted

i did MC with ease 2man

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifersam
    You can't solo chess anymore, as I painfully found out a while ago. So I've never been to prince but a fellow bear soloer I talked to said it was the hardest encounter to solo as a feral in the game.. but doable.
    Chess is still soloable as of 2 weeks ago, I've solo'd it on my prot paladin and on my druid as feral. (not that spec matters for chess) But yes, i will agree that soloing prince as feral is very much a pain. 3rd phase he just slowly wears me down. I've killed him once feral and just didn't feel like going through it again. Soloing him on paladin../yawn. Don't think i dropped below 90%. So far everything has been easier on paladin to solo, hell you can ret through most encounters.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...infelth/simple

"But if I use my mouse to turn, how will i click my spells?"

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/83.html

Recently new to furry tanking.
    Please dont call it that
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.