Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why are Spriests considered OP?

I keep reading everywhere that Spriests are OP. Why is it that they are OP yet affliction warlocks arent? I havent played either but I have played against both in pvp. They both have DoTs so that cant be the determining factor that makes Spriests OP. So is it mindflay or the ability to shift out of form to heal. I have never seen a Spriest do that so that cant be it either. Isnt a Spriest basically an affliction warlock without a permanent pet that has some heals?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Why are Spriests considered OP?

maybe because they have a disarm,fear and a silence spells :P

is a sp can roll his dots on you, get off a MB then roll around in dispers.(dps point of veiw) or mindflay you while you heal you are going to have a sore butthole after the spirit rez
    other than that, dots critting, a new disarm, the passive heals, the resil buff and taking 15% less dmg from shadow form, shadowpriests suck
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Nobody mentioned Fade removing movement impairing effects

>
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Stronger DoTs, burst (insane with lust), and unnecessary utility. Yep, not OP.

Cause shadow priests have been so crap, for so long that people don't know how to counter them good yet.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael
    Cause shadow priests have been so crap, for so long that people don't know how to counter them good yet.
    This.

They aren't. Well, maybe just a little.

It used to be that only insanely skilled Spriests could dominate anyone just a few patches ago. Such ability was so rare that hardly anyone noticed or cared. However, now that they don't demand as much as before to be as efficient, spriests are starting to kill more people in more situations.

This, as always, is simply translated as OP.

...Even though Warriors still blade storm and shamans can effectively nuke you in 5 seconds. Something that probably takes even less ability to do.

...and don't get me started on hunters.

Anyway, the last time we were even considered such a threat as a whole was back in the days of Vanilla WoW

So kindly Screw Off, this has been due for a while.

Im not going to argue that shadow priests cant put out some big numbers, but this. While Ive slowly gotten better at killing Spriests, the very good ones still beat me. I know up unitl the recent patch, ive fought 2 shadow priests in WotLK

well you see... its this perfect combination of fear, silence, heals, instant casts, oh shit buttons, and 15% less dmg, and being rediculously easy to play. ( 90% of bads are retards behind the wheel of a geared toons), and you probably dont see spriests for that reason. another reason you dont see spriests is that disc is aldo an amazingly built spec, and it is only recently that shadow became popular, and many people dont feel like re gearing, especially when they have probably already found a comp that requires them to be heals.
    must i go on?
    also a spriest lessar heal often heals more than a discs. balanced? lolno. ive been unable to out dmg a spriest's heals with a mage and a ele sham free casring at a rogue while haveing all cd's up.

I can tell by the previous responses that have been given, there isn't really anyone who has played arena at a high rating O.o

The main reason people are claiming Spriests are "OP" all of a sudden, were the recent buffs given too them in 3.3, mainly being the haste buff. Basically mixing a spriest with a shaman, creates a synergy so strong, it's damage is almost unstoppable. They've always had the viability of the silences and fears ect, that made the tolerable in arena before. It's just now, their damage is insane.

That's why you're seeing comps being played, that were almost unheard of before 3.3, such as "scatter play" (MM hunter / rshaman / spriest) and shatter play ( same comp with a frost mage over a MM hunter )

Yeah we are OP, yet all but the most terrible of rogues can tear through us.

There is always someone who has your number.

Quote Originally Posted by shagguar
    I can tell by the previous responses that have been given, there isn't really anyone who has played arena at a high rating O.o

The main reason people are claiming Spriests are "OP" all of a sudden, were the recent buffs given too them in 3.3, mainly being the haste buff. Basically mixing a spriest with a shaman, creates a synergy so strong, it's damage is almost unstoppable. They've always had the viability of the silences and fears ect, that made the tolerable in arena before. It's just now, their damage is insane.

That's why you're seeing comps being played, that were almost unheard of before 3.3, such as "scatter play" (MM hunter / rshaman / spriest) and shatter play ( same comp with a frost mage over a MM hunter )
    i have played higher end arena actually,
    and know all about how retarded shatterplay dmg is,
    their dmg is too high even without bloodlust, it just becomes completely ridiculous.
    The fact is they're a dot/self healing spec, similar to affliction locks but what affliction has in greater self healing, pet utility & spammable fear as a defence mechanism,
    Shadows are compensated with greater 'burst'
    but their current lvl of burst,just from dots is past silly, and needs to be addressed.

so it was perfectly fine that pallies were OP in 3.0 right?

You can't use the same excuse ret paladins used in 3.0
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by mgp4ever30
    I keep reading everywhere that Spriests are OP. Why is it that they are OP yet affliction warlocks arent? I havent played either but I have played against both in pvp. They both have DoTs so that cant be the determining factor that makes Spriests OP. So is it mindflay or the ability to shift out of form to heal. I have never seen a Spriest do that so that cant be it either. Isnt a Spriest basically an affliction warlock without a permanent pet that has some heals?
    am i the only one who thought they would never see the day when Shadow priest where called OP...
    i mean when the last time was shadow priest good?

also it probably just ppl not use to seeing shadow priest be on even ground with them in no time the OP will die out and there become a normal class again.
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

I heard that same excuse from many of my Ret bretheren in 3.0...
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin
    and btw, ret pallies were much worse than spriests

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin

wait SP are dropping groups of ppl with no work at all?

(tho that was a fun patch if you had a pally)
    im trap in this bullshit this routine of life. they build us all up just to tear us all down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_fruit
    "its like my tongue on LSD"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot
    Yeah we are OP, yet all but the most terrible of rogues can tear through us.

There is always someone who has your number.

Only spriests are the bane of everyone elses existance.
    A good spriest can get away from a rogue and wtf pwn his face.
    There isnt a class out there atm that rape a spriest. Without 20 others to back him up.