Increase in BG exp?

did they increase the exp gained in pvp? I just did a BG on my lvl 46 hunter and gained half a lvl after a win...the heck? O.o or was this always like this ???
    poopie

Re: Increase in BG exp?

read the patch notes maybe ?

and the answer is .. Yes they have

"I once laughed so hard. I milked all over the floor."

Mooie <Angelic Outkasts> - EU-Dragonblight

Quote Originally Posted by Mooie

awesome nice change
    poopie

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mooie

I read the patch notes and I didn't see this, I know they made exp. in Battleground's available, but then they nerfed it - from what I know, exp. hasn't been increased since that nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional
    I read the patch notes and I didn't see this, I know they made exp. in Battleground's available, but then they nerfed it - from what I know, exp. hasn't been increased since that nerf.
    hmm weird...I don't remember getting half a lvl from a WG
    poopie

in Bgs the amount of exp you gain is equal to the about of honor you gain ( in some scale factor ) so maybe they just increased the honor as they said they did could that explain the increase ? ( i think, remember a GC quote saying 250 honor = x XP )
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

I too was surprised to get more than half a level in a Warsong Gulch win match at level 39.
    Only works for the first win of the day, the bonus xp for subsequent wins is lower, but still substantial.

Experience is tied to Honorable Kills.

So,
    Honorable Kills * Experience Modifer = Experience Gained.

The amount of Honorable Kills that are granted from achieving objectives has changed.

Therefore, experience has been increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Conditional
    When did they nerf it again then ? not sure i spotted that myself, as far as i know they upped the honourable kill rate in 3.3.3

edit, (what Arithirn said)

"I once laughed so hard. I milked all over the floor."

Mooie <Angelic Outkasts> - EU-Dragonblight

they didn't really increase the amount of honor from bgs specifically, they just doubled the honor from hk's which shouldn't influence the amount of exp you get

they might of added a sort of daily thing to factor in the fact that you cant do the bg daily anymore which gave a chunk of exp every day

just thought of another thing, its wsg weekend is it not? maby that gave you more exp

Deleted

They nerfed the amount of exp. gained in Battlegrounds some patches ago, I'm not sure if it was only AV or all BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerganor
    I too was surprised to get more than half a level in a Warsong Gulch win match at level 39.
    Only works for the first win of the day, the bonus xp for subsequent wins is lower, but still substantial.
    On a battleground weekend, you can gain 2-5 levels an hour in the 50's. It all depends on the battleground and your battlegroup of course. AV on my group, I just zoomed though the entire 50s in only a few hours.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

didnt they increase honorable kills by 100%
    but also decrease experienced gained by 50%
    so it remained the same?
    just as i saw it?

Quote Originally Posted by Leex
    didnt they increase honorable kills by 100%
    but also decrease experienced gained by 50%
    so it remained the same?
    The experience itself remained the same, but the call to arms weekend gives an additional honor bonus at the end of each match, that causes these huge experience boosts.