Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

5-10-20-30% buff affecting gemming/chants?

since it now increases the effects of ap/sp/stam etc. not haste, arpen etc. are there any chants/gems that get reprioritised given this is the last proper raid instance?

leave thoughts below.

edit: for those that only read first post then reply.

right i give you an example for the mathematicians out there that never leave theoryland.

Say i'm a healer, before i healed for 10k, now i heal for 13k. Now maybe i dont actually need to heal for 13k, because that's uberoverheal, or maybe that extra healing means i can switch to my uberfast heal more often and therefore need less mana.

for dps,maybe that 30% extra damage is too much threat so they need to refit their gameplan (dont know on this).

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 5-10-20-30% buff affecting gemming/chants?

Quote Originally Posted by trazer985
    since it now increases the effects of ap/sp/stam etc. not haste, arpen etc. are there any chants/gems that get reprioritised given this is the last proper raid instance?

leave thoughts below.
    It's just a damage/healing/health increase. Not based off of stats, like BoK, afaik.

i have thought about the same thing, but came to the conclusion that it wont affect it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    It's just a damage/healing/health increase. Not based off of stats, like BoK, afaik.

I'm confused as to why you would try to min/max the easy mode buff for the instance, it seems counterproductive to your play-style. That would be like putting jet fuel in a hybrid

Deleted

so you did not understand that it simply increases everything you do by a percentage?

for example 10k dps will be 11k dps, no matter what...

usually you should learn that at school quite early

15+ Year Old Account

if something gives "best possible dps," then adding a 10/20/30% modifier to it will still make that setup the best.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

15+ Year Old Account

It makes a difference for tanks. Having stam as a significant stat and getting a lot more health per point of stam will change priorities, whether it's using more stam because it boosts your HP more than previously relative to other stats or using less stam because you've already got "enough" with fewer gems for it.

leave thoughts below.
    The game counts your dmg the way it always does. So if you hit for 10000 dmg it just adds 10% so you hit for 11000 dmg.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

It affects:

Health not Stam
    Damage not AP/SP
    Healing not SP

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    It makes a difference for tanks. Having stam as a significant stat and getting a lot more per point of stam will change priorities, whether it's using more stam because it boosts your HP more than previously relative to other stats or using less stam because you've already got "enough" with fewer gems for it.
    This.

My thoughts about the buff is that it gives me room to actually use a few more hybrid gems to get the socket bonuses that I want. Without the buff I would just socket full stamina ignoring most socket bonuses, because we really needed that stam to begin with. Like Sunshine said, with our HPs growing ever larger and only getting bigger, there is room to replace a 30 stam gem in a red socket with a agi/stam gem, or in a yellow socket with def/stam, etc. We might lose a bit of stam from this outside of ICC, but 5-10-15+% more HP is substantially more than any gem can cover, so we really aren't losing anything and actually gaining some more avoidance(or whatever you choose).

Hardmodes and encounters that are tuned with this buff in mind, however, will probably still benefit from Stam stacking.

As far as healing and dpsing goes, your main stats are still your main stats and changing them is ill-advised.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie

Health not Stam
    Stamina increases Health, therefore it's effect increases.

You have to take it in consideration with other stats, like dodge rating.

Does the buff increase the effect of stamina? Yes.
    Does it increase the effect of dodge (or any other) rating? No.

Its still a very large buff whether it stacks or not.

leave thoughts below.
    Arp is normally rated higher than ap/etc for a class that stacks it, so the buff actually makes stacking arp even better than before. Same with haste.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

right i give you an example for the mathematicians out there that never leave theoryland.

Say i'm a healer, before i healed for 10k, now i heal for 13k. Now maybe i dont actually need to heal for 13k, because that's uberoverheal, or maybe that extra healing means i can switch to my uberfast heal more often and therefore need less mana.

for dps,maybe that 30% extra damage is too much threat so they need to refit their gameplan (dont know on this).

so.... thought out answers below please

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    It makes a difference for tanks. Having stam as a significant stat and getting a lot more health per point of stam will change priorities, whether it's using more stam because it boosts your HP more than previously relative to other stats or using less stam because you've already got "enough" with fewer gems for it.
    I can certainly see a case for bear tanks to switch gears a little and gem for a little more agility when we're getting over 80k health with the buff. Thinking of it this way, right now I'm around 70k health raid buffed (without the ICC buffs) when I wear my full stam gear. 70k health + 30% buff = 91k health...I'm pretty sure that's a little overkill. I think I could drop that to 85k or so and gem a little more agility for dodge/armor/crit. Looking at Sejta (bear tank for Paragon, World First LK Heroic 25 and grats btw) he was not even at 80k health on their kill (unless my math is way off). I think a little more mitigation could go a long way. Then again, I could be completely off base here and having 90k + health might be the best way to handle LK heroic.

so.... thought out answers below please
    Increased damage for everyone will have no effect on DPS'ers ability to take over tanks - the tanks also get the damage buff, see.

10+ Year Old Account

For those just talking about "it's +% damage, not +% spell power" etc. Whilst dps =/= spell power, spell power = dps.

Warlocks, for example, don't have "gem this and only this" like holy paladins, we don't socket only 23sp-gems because some socket bonuses makes it worth putting sp/haste or sp/spirit gems in those sockets.

All warlocks have great use of Haste, but demonology warlocks has the best use of spell power. Whilst spell power will be worth 30% as much as pre-ICC, haste will stay somewhat the same. Of course haste will increase in value because the extra spells will deal an additional 30% damage, but it won't increase in value as much as spell power will. Therefor, more warlocks ('specially, or only, demonology warlocks) might want to remove sp/haste gems and replace them with pure sp-gems, the fine line which made sp/haste gems win over pure sp, might now be moved, requiring a better socket bonus for it to be worth getting.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

For most classes/specs it wont affect anything.
    Somethings will get affected though, warriors get more rage for instance so the 10% dmg increase gives more then 10% for them (although barly since you are pretty much rage capped without it anyway) spells/talents that "double dip" will be more powerful, resto shamans got some talents that double dip if i remember corectly.

Dps will not be affected because it's just a pure scaling up of damage. You could argue that because of the buff you kill the boss faster, and therefore the cooldown uptime % will change which could affect your stat values. Really though, you're just going to keep doing what you're already doing.

Tanks will be affected because stamina will suddenly give more health per point. Does that mean stamina is more valuable? Yes... at first. In full heroic gear with 30% buff you might find you don't really need any more stam, if that's possible.

Healers are affected to an extent. The buff will make your heals way higher, similar to buffing your spellpower. For this reason, throughput stats are scaled up and more valuable. The question really though, do you need it? If everyone is staying alive there's only so much extra healing you need. Just keep doing what you normally do, balancing between throughput and regen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chilli God
    Increased damage for everyone will have no effect on DPS'ers ability to take over tanks - the tanks also get the damage buff, see.
    Not necessarily true. Not all threat is damage based. Faerie Fire Feral threat is based upon your AP, and also has an extra set amount. So whilst the damage is increased by 10%, the actual threat increase will be less.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt
    Dps will not be affected because it's just a pure scaling up of damage. You could argue that because of the buff you kill the boss faster, and therefore the cooldown uptime % will change which could affect your stat values. Really though, you're just going to keep doing what you're already doing.
    And when damage increases, the value of what's causing damage increases, don't you think? If one spell power is worth X, increase my incinirate-damage by Y damage and that damage is boosted by 30%, doesn't that increase the value of spell power to X*1.3? Despite damage not being spell power, spell power is damage.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio