Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: To lvl 80's who run non-80 dungeons

I had a similar experience with leveling a prot pally. I entered DTK with everything killed up to King Dred. A level 80 hunter was trying to tame him with his level 75 buddy of his from the same guild. So he asked me to not focus on him and he would attempt to tame him. I said whatever and just watched him try to tame him. A wipe later, I just left. I didn't want to get stuck with an avoidable repair bill because he was persistant on taming King Dred. No wonder the prior tank had left.

My point is, you don't always get what you want in a instance but you always do have the option to leave and come back later when the debuff wears off.

im lvling my warrior using dungeons(lvl 71 atm) and once in UK we had a 80 retardin.. and i was the tank.. well i pretty much pwnd his threat he didnt pull aggro even when using wings.. dunno if he was noob but that really made me feel good.

10+ Year Old Account

I do it, but i ma tank and the healer usually leaves cuz he is bored

You just got really bad luck. Most of the 80s I've gotten on my lowbies turned out to be ok.

There's been an influx to the moronic DPS since the LFD tool was introduced. Just last night, had a shaman doing 3k damage bitching about the DK tank's ability to hold aggro when the whole time the shaman was on something the tank wasn't tanking.

I was healing at the moment, so I did the right thing, I let the shaman die...

@OP
    so go dps?
    if a lvl 80 ret...in icc gear can't throw on RF and tank a non heroic wotlk dungeon...he has no business playing this game.

i mean if it was a mage...yeah they're just retarded for pulling off u...but a ret..who the fuck cares?

Just switch to your dps spec, let the vl 80 tank, and stop the QQ.

It's not as if you'd realy need a tank in sub lvl 80 instances. Hell, you dont need a tank in heroics. Get your head out of your pre BC attitude.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Quote Originally Posted by blackhole
    Such is life if you are tanking and someone if killing em faster then let em if his palis the healz tell him to beacon,hot or chain off his buddy cuz he is gonna get aggro. I have done these type runs on my pally and had an 80 mage scream about me losing aggro I lol'd and told em kick me then or cc them enough so I can rightous defense you so by the time they turn around they'll die anyway.
    WTF does that say?

Edit to say something on topic.

My wife and I have 2 accounts, but I normally played allies (RL friends were alliance-only at the time). So Irolled a death knight in her realm (hode side) so that we could actually play together. My death knght is now level 71 (has 17k health btw, no heirlooms), and she has a level 80 healer. She joins me in random dungeons all the time, and since I'm an unholy tank with nearlytwice the healh of the people I pug with, she's got no problem keeping me alive.

It actally makes things a lot easier, because a lot of the people pugging reg UK and reg Nexus apparently have no idea how things changed from BC to WotLK and end up doing things that are completely retarded, like death gripping a guy already within my deat and decay, then teling me they weren't taunting, they just death-gripped him into the AoE of the mage or warlock. Never having played a mage, I can't say this for sure, but I know warlocks get to choose where to drop Rain Fire and can drop it where it wil hit all the nemies, and seed of corrption has a big enough range for it to no be a problem either.

And hunters who for some reason think it's a splendid idea to run into a mob and try to lay down traps before I, the tank, even get there, then call me a fail tank because they got rofl crushed by their stupidity. Not to mention level 68 rogues being seen by mobs they're sneaking past while someone drinks for mana, only to find out that the level 71 elite doesnt have much of a hard time seeing the stealthed rogue, and get one-shotted.

Then, of course, you have the mages and warlocks who don't seem to understand that if they rain fire or blizzard on a mob that is still running to you and you haven't attacked any of them except to pull one (which brought the others, obviously), they will aggro whatever they hit, and us tanks have only 2 taunts to get the enemies back.

And the paladins that come to dungeons in reribution spec that are using Righteous Fury, using Hand of Reckoning because "it does damage," the hunters and locks that have no idea what I'm talking about when I say, "Please turn off your pet's taunt." Oh, and you've gotta love being the only person breaking the frost tomb in UK and kiling the Chaotic Rifts in nexus. Best yet, though, are the people who come in as "Dungeon Guide" but have never actually been to that dungeon before. "What do you mean, hide behind a pillar?" asks the "Dungeon Guide." Epic.

Yeah, I'll take an experienced 80 any day in my reg dungeon.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Grizzengoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kalanos
    I've had a similar experience. An 80 enhancement shaman queue'd with his friend from another realm was laughing that the tank, a 71 DK, could not hold aggro off of him. Some people are just to dumb for their own good. :P
    If I just go in with the tank, even IC BiS tank can't hold agro on my enh shaman. It's only 110% and if stuff starts proccing, I'm staring at the ceiling quicker than that sophomore at the senior prom.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================