Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Make an overpowered mage ability

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    yeah, if only some other class recently added had an ability like this, maybe two, it would be over powered. thank god that will never be the case and people can continue to bitch about this.

protip: dispel it
    Just because it can be dispel'd doesn't mean every comp/class can and def. doesn't mean it isn't on the side of Overkill.

btw my Heart skipped a beat when you tried to throw DKs on the OP bus; there's simply no room thar.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

Summon Raptor Army: 33% base mana, 3 minute CD

Summons an army of raptors to fight for you for 3 minutes. All damage dealt is increased by 25%. Critical strike chance increased by 100%. The caster is immune to all damage. Heals the caster and his party for 100% of all damage caused.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    He was all like "DEATH STRIKE!" and then he was all like "RUNE TAP!" and then Sarth was like "Skillz, bro." and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut5
    Jolly good thread folks. Too bad that it was locked.
    See what I did there?

Quote Originally Posted by shadobeast13
    Rohnin's Ability

you become Rohnin, and you instapwn everything, causing 1000000000000000000000000 arcane damage to all enemies within 100 yards, and gives you the buff "hax", increasing critical strike chance by 100%, lasting 2 months

costs 1 mana
    not enough raptor armies

10+ Year Old Account

Polymorph: Hippo 32% of basemana
    Turns your mom into a hippo, leaving You with an unlimited amount of time to play WoW.
    All hail Ion Itsgonnacostus, the overlord of hypocracy

Pyro Bomba

Looks like this:

No cooldown, 1% base mana, kills everything in 2,500 yards of target (About the fireball radius of the Tsar Bomba).
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fendel
    Just because it can be dispel'd doesn't mean every comp/class can and def. doesn't mean it isn't on the side of Overkill.

btw my Heart skipped a beat when you tried to throw DKs on the OP bus; there's simply no room thar.
    ice barrier absorbs 2-3 melee swings from any geared melee, the freeze is talented and can be resisted, and the spell is very easily displeable, as is the root. oh yeah, you can still apply debuffs to the mage and CC him through it.

now, let's take a look at anti-magic shell and bone armor. DKs are far from OP, but both anti magic shell and bone armor do what ice barrier does only better. bone armor increases your damage done, and anti-magic shell makes you immune to CC and reduces magical damage taken by a shit ton.

so instead of whining about class skills which mirror your own, i suggest you instead focus your efforts on getting better.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Fendel

You are terrible and stupid as fuck.

Netherwind

You become encassed in an arcane tornado, releasing gusts of arcane tendrils to nearby enemies dealing 1860-2100 arcane damage for 10 seconds. While in this tornado you cannot move and all spell damage is sucked by storm making you invulnerable to all schools of magic. In addition, the arcane energy revitalizes the mage healing 60% of his health and mana. While on this state the mage cannot be stopped, or interrupted by the sounds of the winds.

3 minute cooldown, 9% mana
    Range 15 yards
    (Shared cooldown with Evocation.)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Nibelung

it was only a setback!

upon death, you instantly resurrect with a large shard of either purple red or blue crystal depending on spec lodged firmly in your chest, summoning 5000 pheonix mounts being ridden by raptors being riden by trolls, each troll will /y it was only a setback!, for each yell you lose 1% of your health, until you die again, at which point you will become Empowered, say something about overflowing cups, and spawn 2 stunt doubles who look exactly like you, and spawn half a dozen different colored orbs and balls that float around harmlessly. if you somehow die again after all this, then you go back to the mountains never to be heard from again...

did i get every setback reference in there?

p.s. that netherwind ability would actually be pretty epic, a mage bladestorm would be just plain awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

Ya know what's fun to do if you have a DK?

Find another DK in a BG, and get them to summon Army. Put your diseases on one and Pestilence. Watch the DKs health fall from Wandering Plague

A bit OT but the Raptor Army reminded me of this

Pth you guys arent thinking big enough.

Transformation
    500 mana
    Instantly transforms you into Chuck Norris. Flee mortals, FLEE!!!!!
    Cannot be dispelled.