Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: So i was randomly looking through the armoury...

Quote Originally Posted by Shalae
    Rihmz has hit the nail smack bang on the head right here:

"Yeah they have been that a long time. As far as I have played enhashaman they never have been the class that topped the dps meters. Only reason to bring enhashamans to raid was their raidbuffs. But now you can get _ALL_ the raidbuffs that enhashamans bring from other classes that doesn't lose almost any dps to do that. So if you can choose what classes you should bring to raids, enhashaman should't be one of them. You need 1 shaman to bring bloodlust/heroism that's it."
    Actually, while Frost DK's give the same buff as Windfury Totem, If you have Enhancing Totems you give 23 more Agi/Str than Horn of Winter. Big difference? Meh. Different? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagu
    Actually, while Frost DK's give the same buff as Windfury Totem, If you have Enhancing Totems you give 23 more Agi/Str than Horn of Winter. Big difference? Meh. Different? Yes.
    You know, elemental/resto can go to that talent, and lose barely anything from it, just some points of intellect, which won't matter in most fights.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, for my part, im pretty satisfied with our healpool. Im currently running with 21,5 life. I mean compared to other melees its still very low, but think back to naxx times with having t 7,5 stuff on. I was running around 16k life, that sucked...

Rihmz said: But now you can get _ALL_ the raidbuffs that enhashamans bring from other classes that doesn't lose almost any dps to do that.

Thats not exactly true, Totem of Earthern Strength still provides a bit more of Agility and Strength, than the DK shout/horn does (not much, but for me as an Enh its still about 40 ap (?!?) and some melee crit). So if you want to have FULL support, you still need an enh shaman or at least a resto/ele which skills those 3 points in imp. totems.

Beside this fact, its sadly quite true, that we are now obsolete... Our Raid has got 2 quite good Enh Shaman. Flamos and me. At the time ICC was released, I had to go inactive, due to hard i-net probs and so I fell behind with my gear, and I wasnt able to make this up... In fact, my Raid sais, we only take one Enhancer with us, we dont need 2... And nowadays we can be glad, if theres one of us raiding... I'm really thinking of speccing to resto sometimes...

The Developers are doing a poor job of making us like our totems. The class should never be rid of them. But when others can so flawlessly apply what a totem provides, without its downfalls, why bring a totem to the raid at all?

SoE totem has an advantage over Horn by its numbers only, Horn is much better in how it is applied in raid and PVP. Horn removal requires a magic dispel to remove while SoE just requires 1 GCD to hit the totem to remove. But when you look at the plus/minus of each they should square out. That isn't true with WF before or even more now. Theres no justifying the difference, one is vastly superior.

Couple that with an HP Pool issue that has been around this entire expansion and we are no longer utility, but a liability in raid.

We have to many linked Offensive and Defensive abilities tied together, Shamanistic Rage, Feral Spirits, and even the elemental compilation of our offensive and defensive earth totems.

We have our one good movement spell linked to 2 talent points usable only outdoors. Mobility is a main reason we fall behind when things are on the move. Totems dont follow us. Magma doesnt care that something is over there and not where it is. And Fire Nova, while a nice change, needs to not be tied to a stationary totem. It ties up to much mana and management to get its use on movement.