Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Highest hitting class/ability

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz
    If you get very lucky ive seen an sv hunter get a 123k crit from an explosive shot, no not total just that one hit. Not only that but that was in the time when people raided naxx for gear and ulduar was serious buisness.
    Screenshot or it didn't happen.

On topic, I would say one of the following (all of these with all trinkets/potions popped/procced, and every possible raid buff (perfect world!)

Demonology Warlock, < 35%, with Metamorphasis. Soul Fire.

Marksmanship Hunter, < 20%, Kill Shot.

Feral Druid, Ferocious Bite.

A lot will probably disagree with this one, but - Blood Death Knight, (90+ % ArP) Death Strike (saw 26k Death strikes with 5% buff)

Arcane Mage, 4 stacks, Arcane Blast (with Arcane Power)

Fire Mage, Ignite.

One of the mages in our guild done a 58k deep freeze on one of the bosses in ICC 25, before they introduced the hellscreams warsong buff.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf
    Multi-target:
    Fury Warrior - Bladestorm (longish cooldown, does that discount it?)
    Retribution Paladin - Divine Storm (if it hits all four targets)
    lol??

Get about as many mobs as u can.. lets say a 100 of them.. get ur dk and just blood boil...
    2k+ per mob = 200k+

easy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadflesh
    lol??

Get about as many mobs as u can.. lets say a 100 of them.. get ur dk and just blood boil...
    2k+ per mob = 200k+

easy
    no. http://www.wowwiki.com/Area_damage_caps

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy
    the caps are for the base dmg, u need to get all the multiplies and buffs.. its true that u wont do 200k like i said before, but u can easly do around 60k+ cause i did it..

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius
    Rogue's Ambush

Not including (or maybe even including) the execute range moves, I'd say that deep freeze and Curse of Doom are probably up there. One has a long CD the other has a long duration. I mean, my mage is only level 68 but my deep freeze crits for about 8k. I can't imagine how high it will be by the time I'm 80.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

With the new starfall buff I can do up to 90kish on a single cast(unglyphed) as long as there are a few mobs around. Insta-cast every minute = happy boomkin. Of course the 90k is spread out among multiple targets, still, for and instant cast it's pretty nice.

15+ Year Old Account

From the sounds of things, Ferocious Bite is the highest hitting melee skill and a 4-stack Arcane Blast is the highest hitting caster spell. Since Deep Freeze cannot hurt a player, can it be included in this?

Fury Warrior - Bladestorm (longish cooldown, does that discount it?)
    I think you mean Arms warrior.

With my own Arcane Blast, in semi-Naxx / semi-heroic gear, my mage does around 11-13k crits (not that I do an AB at 4-stacks very often, as MBarr usually procs). It seems that it scales pretty damn well with gear if people are doing 35k+.
    For the Alliance!

Ferals Ferocious bite hits for 30kish.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

My highest soulfire crit so far has been 31.6k.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffoncom
    With the new starfall buff I can do up to 90kish on a single cast(unglyphed) as long as there are a few mobs around. Insta-cast every minute = happy boomkin. Of course the 90k is spread out among multiple targets, still, for and instant cast it's pretty nice.
    wait, you do 90k single target spread out among several targets? i didnt know single and multi target meant the same thing :P

sry had to troll its so very fun, OT: if you count fire mage pyro crits on a combustion, they can get up there, 25-30k, not counting the 40% extra from ignite, so in all id guesstimate around 42k ish, but thats maybe once every 2 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23
    My guild leader once went
    "Brb baby is crying"
    5 mins later
    "Okay killed it"
    I lol'ed.

I'm going to say it's a Hunter's Killshot.

I personally have hit over 45k, no gimmick BS. And that does mean no ICC buff.
    I nailed a 47k KS on Anub`Rekhan in Naxx. And get plenty of 35-40k crits in other places.

Anything else able to hit this hard? That doesn't have a huge cooldown. Killshot is 9 seconds below 20%
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_
    I'm going to say it's a Hunter's Killshot.

I personally have hit over 45k, no gimmick BS. And that does mean no ICC buff.
    I nailed a 47k KS on Anub`Rekhan in Naxx. And get plenty of 35-40k crits in other places.

Anything else able to hit this hard?
    It's been repeated throughout the thread, but the OP said that weakness shots are not included. A lot of high-geared hunters have mentioned their killshots doing over 40k. Pretty insane.
    For the Alliance!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

just curious a how much damage can a glyphed explosive trap do for a hunter in icc gear? between talents and raid buffs think i got it right its +51% damage to the dot damage and +21% to the blast damage and im at 5200ap in pvp gear lol. i added it up to 106020 after the damage then the 10 ticks. that would be on 1 target and this is not counting the glyph. maybe i got math wrong?

There are alot of factors. But I would say around 2-3k maybe per hit if it's a crit.

It wouldn't be 100k
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargin
    Demo lock soulfire and killshot, both only used sub-35/20%

FB does hit rediculous, and 4 stack AB with the synergy of +damage CDs (AP, 4pT10 mirrors, tricks) and what about deep freeze nowadays? I know frost scales like shit but it was still hitting 25-30k last time I checked
    25-30k Deep Freeze crits seem about mid range to me, my Frost Mage with 2.3k Spell self buffed get's 28k DF crits in 5 mans if I have a Demo Lcok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Since Deep Freeze cannot hurt a player, can it be included in this?
    OP didn't specify PvE or PvP so I see no reason why it shouldn't be included.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Zykothepsycho
    Hmm.. Soulfire crit maybe? - Warlock
    Or Kill shot, that can crit up to 27k - Hunter
    They can crit MUCH harder then this.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_
    There are alot of factors. But I would say around 2-3k maybe per hit if it's a crit.

It wouldn't be 100k
    crap my head was sooo way somewhere else. yeah i would have to have 10 targets to get the 100k lol

10+ Year Old Account

Killshot, if no buffs/gimmicks are involved
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.