Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A smart Innervate macro needed

Hey all,

I searched all across the interwebs and couldn't find a proper macro for Innervate that does the following:

• Self cast if I have nothing targeted (or Alt modifier clicked and have focus).
    • Cast on target or on focus (on target in higher priority).
    • whisper text to the innervated player (don't care if it whispers me too)

In fact, even one with no focus at all will be great....
    That is really good thing to have in 25mans if you don't use vent or TS (which I usually don't).

I've seen some threads ending with a recommendation to get some addon for that. I don't want to maintain
    yet another addon just for simple rule like the above.

Anyone got something like this and can share that with us all? or can write one and forever be exalted with the druid community?

Re: A smart Innervate macro needed

/run SendChatMessage("You have been Innervated!","WHISPER",nil,GetUnitName("Target", true))

just use the macro below me i am not very good at macros... /w %t doesnt work tho, what i typed should whisper your target tho

I'll give it a go....

#showtooltip Innervate
    /cast [target=target] Innervate
    /target [nomodifier:alt] Focus
    /target [modifier:alt] Player (or your own name if this doesn't work)
    /cast Innervate
    /whisper %t *** Innervate on you! *** I'm not sure if whisper %t works.....

this is as far as I can get, the major flaw in this macro is that when you cast it on your target it will whisper your focus.... and I don't think I can fix that since you can't add conditions to chat....
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

#showtooltip Innervate
    /cast [mod=alt,target=player] Innervate
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Innervate
    /w %t >Innervate on you!!!<

While this doesn't involve the focus in any way, you can simply mouseover and cast it on any player, but still force it to cast on yourself with alt, no matter who you have targeted.

I'm not entirely sure it works perfectly, but i'll fix it tomorrow once i can check my ingame macros.

Rogue/Hunter 80

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifra
    I'm not sure if whisper %t works.....
    It doesn't. You need a command like the one Furio 1 gave. Try this:

#showtooltip
    /target [target=focus,exists,noharm]
    /cast [exists,help,nomodifier] Innervate
    /script if UnitExists("target") then SendChatMessage("You have been Innervated!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target") end
    /cast [target=player,mod:alt] Innervate

Only slight annoyance is that this will overwrite your current target if you have a friendly focus. Kinda needed for the whisper to work properly so I don't think it can be avoided.

Edit: Hmm, just saw you want target as a priority. That's slightly more annoying though (above uses focus as priority). Might have to think for a bit to organise that with the whisper...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

It's not what you asked for, but I honestly couldnt think of how to write a proper working one with your spesifications...
    I'll post one I wrote a while back for innervating mouseover target, I have it bound to shift+mousebutton.
    It will innervate and send a message to the person you mouseover, wether its on Grid, other unitframes or the player itself... If you have no mouseover target, nothing will happen. A lot more efficient, and strangly a lot easier to write.

#showtooltip Innervate
    /stopmacro [target=mouseover,noexists]
    /target mouseover
    /cast [help] Innervate
    /run SendChatMessage("Innervated you!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target"))
    /targetlasttarget

Sadly, none of these work as expected, I appreciate the replies.

lets forget about Focus perhaps if it makes it easier to write one with self/target only

Get a mod. THe issue with macros like that is if innervate is on cd or if ur out of range. The person gets the whisper anyways. Not that big of an issue. But mages can get frustrated with me sometimes cause im too lazy to get the mod :P

However they all got a modthat thanks me when they get an innervate so tell ur guild to get that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dendron
    Get a mod. THe issue with macros like that is if innervate is on cd or if ur out of range. The person gets the whisper anyways. Not that big of an issue. But mages can get frustrated with me sometimes cause im too lazy to get the mod :P

However they all got a modthat thanks me when they get an innervate so tell ur guild to get that!
    I track c/d so not bothered with that, also I don't Innervate that often others (but when I do I want them to know that).
    Its not that sophisticated requirement and btw, there is a way to not cast or stop a macro if the ability is on c/d or even
    if your target has no mana bar (miss click on a warrior, a vehicle or something else).

I don't like mods or addons when you can avoid using yet another one.

The amount of "if x then do y" testing that can be done in a macro is very limited, which is why an addon would be much more beneficial with your spesifications... I'm sure it exists.
    Basic addons are not complicated and something as simple as this would never reduce your performance. That is if you find something that does ONLY what you want, which might be hard I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

So I gave it a try, even if I'm not an expert. Now, this:

#showtooltip Innervate
    /cast [modifier:alt, @player] Innervate; [help] Innervate; [@focus, exists, help] Innervate;

Here's what it does:

- if you're holding Alt, it Innervates yourself
    - if you're not holding Alt, and you have a target, it Innervates the target
    - if you're not holding Alt, you do not have a target, and you have a focus, it will Innervate your focus

Pretty much, it does exactly what you asked, saved for one part: it doesn't whisper anyone. The problem with whispers is that you cant use a conditional with the /run command. Which means that either it always whispers your target, or your focus, or both of them.

If you can live without whispering, then that macro works. I tested it in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

/w %t = /tt if you have dbm (i think it's dbm, might be prat)

so /tt inervated would work.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    /w %t = /tt if you have dbm (i think it's dbm, might be prat)

so /tt inervated would work.
    AFAIK that still only whispers your current target, which may not be correct if you're casting it on the Focus (or self-casting) like in Arel's macro.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    AFAIK that still only whispers your current target, which may not be correct if you're casting it on the Focus (or self-casting) like in Arel's macro.
    Exactly. I tried adding whispers to the macro, and beside the fact that you're hitting the maximum characters available, it whispers both your target and your focus.
    It would take a conditional into either a /run or a /w command to whisper only one target, and neither accepts it.
    Another way I tried is to use /castsequence instead of simply /cast, adding a /run or /w command as the 2nd "spell" after Innervate. Problem is, /castsequence doesn't accept those commands.

Tbh, work-around the whispering problem using Ventrilo, and use that macro that at least does what has been asked. To add more into it, you need to build an addon. If you'0re capable of, by all means do it. Personally I never even read the Lua definitions, so I wouldn't know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    To add more into it, you need to build an addon. If you'0re capable of, by all means do it. Personally I never even read the Lua definitions, so I wouldn't know where to start.
    No need to write one - there's addons out there to do it, like CastYeller2. Haven't actually tried it myself, but fairly certain it should be able to do what you want (whisper whoever you cast Innervate on).

What i have found that works better as a boomkin is to use two seperate macros (although the alt modifer could very easily be used i don't know how to do it) with the /targetlasttarget added to it, that way i can innervate a healer or mage or whoever and pick right up dpsing without ever having to find who i was killing again. Also works great for battle rezing someone my macro below :

Self Target
    /target (Your name)
    /cast innervate
    /targetlasttarget

Other person:
    /cast Innervate
    /targetlasttarget

15+ Year Old Account

To do that, you just need a mouseover macro with an Alt modifier.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:alt] <spell name>; [target=mouseover, help] <spell name>

That way you cast any spell on yourself (Innervate in your case) holding Alt, or cast on mouse-over if you're not. Without ever changing target.

All I wanted was a nice macro to whisper the target of the innervated person lol.

Lets forget about checking if the targeted player has no mana bar and forget about focus as well.
    Just innervate target and whisper or self innervate with no target.

I tried to do some mix and match from macros posted and ones I saw on wowwiki etc, and didn't get what I wanted.
    Also, please try to see if it works ingame cause most of the macros above don't work

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Tricks of the Trade
    /run SendChatMessage("Tricks of the Trade on you!", "WHISPER", nil, UnitName("focus"))

casts tricks on your focus target and sends them a /w to let them know they have it
    makes changing tricks targets easy

you can easy change this to innervate - good thing about this is that i have /focus boud to a key too so i can target someone /focus them with one button and then carry on dpsing , i then tricks them (read innervate) when they need it and it /w them, just simply target yourself and /focus if you need your own

you can even mix the focus button with

/focus
    /targetlasttarget so you dont lose your dps target
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tribianca
    All I wanted was a nice macro to whisper the target of the innervated person lol.

Lets forget about checking if the targeted player has no mana bar and forget about focus as well.
    Just innervate target and whisper or self innervate with no target.

I tried to do some mix and match from macros posted and ones I saw on wowwiki etc, and didn't get what I wanted.
    Also, please try to see if it works ingame cause most of the macros above don't work
    /cast [modifier:alt, @player] Innervate; [help] Innervate;
    /run SendChatMessage("Innervated you!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("target"))

That's it.

The problem only arises when you have to whisper either your target or your focus. If it's only one it's easy.
    For focus or self, use:

/cast [modifier:alt, @player] Innervate; [help, @focus] Innervate;
    /run SendChatMessage("Innervated you!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName("focus"))