Arms warr & rage vs absorb effects

So i dont really understand how warriors cant get any rage from hitting on absorb effects?

I mean, yesterday i did alot of arena, which involes alot of sacred shield for example.. And many many times i couldnt even keep Mortal Strike up cause i get rage starved. I do not que up heroic strike, my gear is very good 5.9k GS and i know how to play as a warrior, but if ur own healer is getting nuked to hell from a DK or something, i myself is waiting for the next swing to even keep MS up which is quite pathetic in my eyes.

So to the question, how do you guys handle absorb effects and what do you do when you get rage starved in arenas?

thanks

Re: Arms warr & rage vs absorb effects

You get rage from hitting absorbs. Patched a long time ago >_>

You DO get rage from hitting absorbs, if not, you are doing it wrong.... VERY wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Banditen
    my gear is very good 5.9k GS
    seems like gear ain't everything after all, countless threads of GS > skill finnaly paid off.

... and The Heavens Shall Tremble.
    Lord of Agamaggan - EU.

its not the absorb effects that fuck us over, its the armor + resi that get us rage starved.
    since resi also reduces the overall dmg taken instead of just crits, we will lack rage, combine it with the massive amounts of armor a holy paladin has and you got yourself a perfect situation for rage starvation.

i dont have any rage problems vs any other healer beside paladins.
    the point is not to tunnelvision the paladin and kill him with burst, because that is never going to happen - burn his CDs, trinkets and bubble, CC with target switches, depending on wich class you play with.

Deleted

resilience is the bad guy in here... full pvp gear is like 1k resi, thats 20% dmg redction to players and pets, 25% reduced crit dmg and 10% reduced chance to be critted

Took a long break from Arms PvP, started doing it again recently.

All I can say is resilience is ruining us. Back when it was deadly\furious, it wasn't as much of a problem with the lower resilience numbers.

Now people are running around with 1k + resilience reducing our crit chance by 20%+ and damage by 20%+ and that gimps our white damage to the point where we can barely keep MS up on a target.

Not only does it reduce our damage done, but it reduces the damage we take which is another gimp on rage generation.

It needs to be fixed, and from what it looks like it may be....

But it's yet another idea that sounds good on paper, and we all know that isn't Blizzards strong suite.

TBC rage normalization sounded good...on paper.
    Resilience rating sounded good...on paper.
    Armor Pen sounded good...on paper.

target switch to get rage?
    the one rule about "being a good player"
    never talk about gearscore
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

You just need to manage your rage better. If you aren't generating as much rage because of absorb effects you can't just spam moves. You don't have to mortal strike just because it's off cooldown and you have the rage for it. Ask yourself if you need to use MS right then and there. If the guy is at full health one mortal strike and an auto attack isn't going to be hard to heal, especially if a shield absorbs most of that. Wait till you've worn the guy down with rend and overpower and have a decent amount of rage to unload some burst into them Try swapping targets and use charge and bloodrage for a quick burst of rage.

Personally I find the amount of rage I generate outside of absorbs to be rather absurd, and I spend most of my time running around at full rage. At least the shields keep in check and a little and force me to use my brain some.